voldemort in gof

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

voldemort in gof

Postby sea-plunder » Monday 29 March 2004 3:39:45pm

at the very start of the goblet of fire, voldemort casts a spell on the old man in the house.....how can he do this if he can't hold his wand. (because he is more spirit than human). and even if he could hold his wand how did he get it back from the potters when harry reversed the spell on him ?
sea-plunder
Sixth Year

Postby Jotomicron » Monday 29 March 2004 6:38:18pm

Hmm... Maybe I should move it to the theories section, sea-plunder. What do you think?
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby sea-plunder » Monday 29 March 2004 6:41:55pm

yea put it into theories actually..it would fit better their.. i didn't kno were to put it in the first place :rolleyes: . thanx jotomicron
sea-plunder
Sixth Year

Postby Evil Wizard Petting Zoo » Monday 29 March 2004 7:43:21pm

Remember at the end of GoF when we see what is in the "bundle" of robes? It was like a little baby, except ugly. I think Voldemort had a body before just not much of one. He probably had enough strength to hold the wand.
Evil Wizard Petting Zoo
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Female_alien » Monday 29 March 2004 8:15:46pm

I agree with EWPZ (Evil Wizard ... :grin: ). Voldy probably hat enough strenght as "that" to hold the wand.
Or mayb Peter did it for him, but :-?
Female_alien
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Postby Ferrus » Monday 29 March 2004 9:30:54pm

Remember at the end of GoF when we see what is in the "bundle" of robes? It was like a little baby, except ugly. I think Voldemort had a body

Thats how I understood it...

What really bugs me is the fact that Voldie is using his OWN wand. How did he recover it?
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby sea-plunder » Monday 29 March 2004 9:33:28pm

that annoyed me but maybe peter went back to the potters as a rat and got the wand for voldemort...or maybe it was just one of his deatheaters who returned his wand to him...j.k hasn't covered that though :o
sea-plunder
Sixth Year

Postby Ferrus » Monday 29 March 2004 9:39:17pm

Yeah well, I suppose its one of those things that will never have an "oficial" answer...
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Monday 29 March 2004 9:48:34pm

Voldemort only had a body of his own, even a totally warped one, after Wormtail rejoined him.

I have no earthly idea how Voldemort managed to recover his wand... except that I have one theory that everyone likes to shoot down because they don't think the confrontation between Sirius and Peter Pettigrew happened outside the ruins of the Potter house:

Voldemort blew the Potter house to smithereens (which I don't really get, since Avada Kedavra kills with no markings and relative quiet, except a rush and green light), and Harry survived. Voldy is now bodiless (according to GoF, I think... it might have been in P/SS, though). Sirius sees Hagrid at the Potter house the next day, and Hagrid takes baby Harry with him. Peter Pettigrew then approaches Sirius in front of the Potter's home and somehow retrieves Voldemort's wand, either sneaking it before he blew up the street, or after, as the rat. Then Wormtail kept up with the wand for all those years, or at the very least knew where it was...
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Cruzio » Monday 29 March 2004 10:59:13pm

Dunno how he recovered the wand, athena's theory is believeable enough though :)

What we do know is that it indeed was VOldemort who killed Frank Bryce. Cause as the ghost, or "shadow" of Bryce comes out of the wand he says something like "so he was a real wizard, killed me that one did."
What bugs me there is how he could recognize Voldemort after his erm.. transformation :) but that's a minor detail, perhaps voldy's face was still the same who knows..
Cruzio
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby sea-plunder » Tuesday 30 March 2004 6:05:35pm

the red eyes and slits for a nose probably would have gave it away :roll:
sea-plunder
Sixth Year

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 30 March 2004 8:13:11pm

Cruzio: just a note, from a chat I read with J.K. Rowling. Someone asked if the Pettigrew killing Cedric thing was a mistake, or did he use Voldemort's wand (and that's why Cedric came out), and she said, yes, the Priori Incantatum doesn't distinguish between the wizards who use a particular wand, just the wand itself. So either Pettigrew or Voldemort could have killed Bryce, so long as it was Voldemort's wand. But since I haven't reread that part just yet (I'm currently rereading PoA... again. :grin:)
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Ferrus » Tuesday 30 March 2004 9:19:59pm

I´m pretty sure that it was Voldie himself that killed Bryce, but I don´t have the book in front of me.
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby sea-plunder » Tuesday 30 March 2004 10:00:01pm

just checked and it was voldemort who killed him and using his own wand...
sea-plunder
Sixth Year

Postby Phinea Rogue » Wednesday 31 March 2004 8:26:55pm

Didn't Voldemort used his wand even earlier than before (before killing that old man)? I'm not sure now, but I guess it was him who put Crouch sr under Imperius. I think it was him killing that man and 'imperiusing' Crouch.
Phinea Rogue
Slytherin Prefect

Next

Return to Theories