Which girl would you like to see Harry be with?

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Who would you like to see Harry be with?

Hermione Granger, best friend
14%
Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister
44%
Cho Chang, his crush
9%
Luna Lovegood, an unusual Ravenclaw
14%
Parvati Patil, his date for the "Yule Ball"
2%
Someone Not Yet Introduced
12%
No One!
5%

Total votes : 207

Postby Meg Boyd » Friday 8 August 2003 4:43:12pm

Yeah! For Big Happy Families...Go Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ginny...
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Gwared » Friday 8 August 2003 4:58:05pm

Well if you think about it, Harry's desire is for a family...if he gets with Ginny then he could potentially marry in to a family where everyone loves him.
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Meg Boyd » Friday 8 August 2003 5:05:33pm

exactly...this almost goes with the Mirror of Erised theory of does it for-shadow the paths of Ron and Harry, since Ron's vision is coming true...now people think harry will die because he wants to be with his family, and the only way he can be with his family is to die...but if I remember correctly he just craves a family to belong to and the reason his own family appeared in the mirror was because that's the only family he knew of...so if he marries Ginny he will belong to the family he's always wanted, who loves him very much...and Ron looks to be on the way of being Quidditch Captain and Head Boy, so his thirst to prove him self will prolly come true...and our cunning little JKR is prolly using the mirror as a forshadowing tool...and yes, I know that was a bit off topic, but the bottom line is with Ginny comes a for ever bond with the family he's always wanted...
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby LaceyCrane » Friday 8 August 2003 9:12:39pm

But Harry doesn't have to marry Ginny to be apart of a big family since the Weasley's already think of him as part of their family. Mrs. Weasly even thinks of him as her son. I think if Harry and Ginny do get together it won't be for long and he and Hermione fit better. She can help him with all the trouble he gets into.
LaceyCrane
Second Year

Postby bludy mery » Friday 8 August 2003 10:14:59pm

She can help him with the truble... but people don't marry or get together from reasons like that... its about love. and I don't think Harry and Hermione have chemistry at all
bludy mery
Queen of Darkness and Owner of the Loch Ness Monster

Postby almost2sweet24 » Friday 8 August 2003 10:17:52pm

Exactly, Harry pretty much is part of the Weasley's family already..so it would kind of be like going out with his sister.. :-? ..Also I still think Harry will find a new love, someone not introduced yet..Ron and Hermione pretty much act like they are already married..but I think they will stop there little fights and fit perfectly :D I think Ginny will find someone in her year, and as well as Harry..or at least just someone we haven't heard about yet. Bottom Line-Ron + Hermione=yes..Harry + Ginny=no..Ginny+Someone we MAY know=yes..Harry + someone not introduced yet=yes :razz:
almost2sweet24
Sixth Year

Postby Meg Boyd » Friday 8 August 2003 10:18:31pm

I'm not saying Harry and Ginny will hook up for the sole purpose of family, I am just saying it would be an added bonus...and I also agree and Hermione and Harry have no chemistry at all...i mean just because Harry is the hero doesn't mean that's he'll get the girl too, Ron needs somethings to...
Meg Boyd

Postby almost2sweet24 » Friday 8 August 2003 10:21:04pm

Good point, but I still just don't think that Harry and Ginny will end up together, or go together at all.
almost2sweet24
Sixth Year

Postby LaceyCrane » Saturday 9 August 2003 6:17:45am

I know I'm in the minority here but I still think Harry and Hermione fit better together. They could be the perfect those husband and wife team that work together and take down dark wizards and solve crimes (I watch to many cop shows). Ron can have Luna and maybe Head Boy if he can get it.
LaceyCrane
Second Year

Postby almost2sweet24 » Saturday 9 August 2003 5:39:55pm

They would be like, the perfect couple at fighting crimes, but then again, if Hermione and Ron go out, then Harry will still be their best friend, so then they have three people! And the whole Luna thing..I still think that she is just to weird for anyone.. :D
almost2sweet24
Sixth Year

Postby bludy mery » Saturday 9 August 2003 6:13:11pm

LaceyCrane wrote:I know I'm in the minority here but I still think Harry and Hermione fit better together. They could be the perfect those husband and wife team that work together and take down dark wizards and solve crimes (I watch to many cop shows). Ron can have Luna and maybe Head Boy if he can get it.

But then for the second time I say- this is friendship!!! not love!!! and Harry and Hermione just - can't fall inlove!!! they so don't have it!!! they won't get together cause they make a good teem... that's sad...
bludy mery
Queen of Darkness and Owner of the Loch Ness Monster

Postby almost2sweet24 » Saturday 9 August 2003 6:17:15pm

Yes! Exactly! Harry and Hermione would risk too much with their friendship if they even thought about going out..and 2..they just wouldn't!! I mean like, they're just friends! Okay someone said something about him stroking her hand in the second movie..or maybe i read that somewhere else..but see Ron was just staring at her..you could tell he was sad, and if I was visiting someone who I liked in the hospital, I would just stare and sit there. But, Harry was stroking her hand, yes that's something a boyfriend would do, but also..if I was visiting one of my best guy friends in the hospital, I would do that! So, that was just means of friendship is what I think. I am not giving up on the Ron/Hermione thing!
almost2sweet24
Sixth Year

Postby Hermione Weasley » Saturday 9 August 2003 8:11:21pm

yes I think that is a reasonable explination and I honestly forgot all about that!I do know that when someone you like as more than a friend and they are hurt and all you can do is sit there and wait.I have stroked one of my guy friends hand when they were hurt so your explination works!
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby almost2sweet24 » Saturday 9 August 2003 10:28:26pm

:D I'm not stopping at anything until more people agree with me about Ron/Hermione. Or I at least get them thinkning.. :razz:
almost2sweet24
Sixth Year

Postby Meg Boyd » Tuesday 12 August 2003 1:51:04am

Exactly my thoughts!!!! Muhahahahaha...

When you are little (like 11 or 12) and you like some one, you are afraid to show it, lest people should make fun of you. So when you like some one, you try and not have contact with them, just incase people should guess your intentions. Of course this only makes you look like a stuttering git and everyone guesses anyway! But as we see in the CoS movie, Harry and Hermione have this "We are friends, and I am confortable with it" attitude where they hug and talk and stuff with out worry, like friends do. Now Hermione and Ron avoid contact and hugs etc, probably to deny their feelings for each other. Harry stroking her hand in the hospital wing was probably another example of their platonic relationship, as the awkard almost-hug-handshake in the end was an example of Hermione and Ron's more than friends attitude...as we see as the book progress that Hermione's advances become more evident as Ron become oblivious to them just because he is a stupid teenage boy, end of story.
Meg Boyd

PreviousNext

Return to The Books