London Terror Attacks

Meet everyone here in The Great Hall for general discussions. Here you'll find a friendly place to talk about all things under the magnificent magical ceiling...even stuff not connected with Harry Potter!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, DucksRMagical, Broccoli, Run Away!!!, Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Mia67 » Monday 11 July 2005 4:50:30pm

I give my best wishes to them also, its sad that terrorism has hit them too.
Mia67
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby thestral » Monday 11 July 2005 11:05:07pm

well i've disappeared off this site for 2 weeks cos i was travelling round europe, finsihing off in london, and i was very lucky, cos i missed the train that was bombed cos i slept in. i could've disappeared forever..... :eek:
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby Nightcrawler » Tuesday 12 July 2005 5:26:23pm

Wow, that's scary Thestral. Reminds me of what happened to Ian Thorpe during the September 11 attacks. He was in New York at the time, and accidently left his camera at his hotel, so he had to go back to get it, thus not being in the vicinity at the time of the attack.

I'm very glad you're okay Thestral. That was a good bit of luck.
Nightcrawler
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Underneath a sheet of corigated tin by the side of the road.

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Tuesday 12 July 2005 10:46:38pm

Im glad ur ok too.
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby thestral » Wednesday 13 July 2005 11:37:37am

thanks :grin:. all i can say is that i will never again complain about my bad habit of sleeping in. i only missed the train by about 15mins.when i got there they were rushing everyone out of the station saying there was a 'power failure'. it was something from a movie, me and a huge crowd gathered around a single radio in a a stall on the street, not believing at all what we were hearing. especially after all the happiness of just winning the olympics. it was so strange hearing all these bombs and sirens and all the paper stands proclaiming so happily the victory of the olympic bid. it was a very strange day.

but no-one panicked or anything. everyone was shocked and just kept on going with their normal business. i think all the londoners were very brave, if everyone had stopped their normal lives and become too scared to do what they normally did, that's the victory the terrorists want to make everyone so scared and paranoid that we take away our own liberties and freedom. everyone really pulled together, i'm not normally patriotic, but i'm proud of the resilence and strength that everyone showed. and it was made all the more poignant by the comemoration of the 60th anniversary of the end of the WW2. that was a show of defiance and i felt proud to be there in hyde park.

oh no i sound like a bad movie :o
thestral

Postby Tanuki » Wednesday 13 July 2005 2:08:55pm

Their concept of "Stiff Upper Lip" is truly a powerful thing. With that in play, they can truly handle almost any situation
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby thestral » Thursday 14 July 2005 4:10:05pm

there really was a very stiff upper lip and it was really quite amazing to see just how resilient people can be in the face of such terrible things. and the emergency services were amazing, they were so on the ball, the situation was handled really well by the police, hospitals and everywhere, they were so well prepared and if they hadn't reacted as swiftly and efficently as they had i think it would have been a whole lot worse.
thestral

Previous

Return to The Great Hall