Which girl would you like to see Harry be with?

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Who would you like to see Harry be with?

Hermione Granger, best friend
14%
Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister
44%
Cho Chang, his crush
9%
Luna Lovegood, an unusual Ravenclaw
14%
Parvati Patil, his date for the "Yule Ball"
2%
Someone Not Yet Introduced
12%
No One!
5%

Total votes : 207

Postby *Lily* » Wednesday 14 July 2004 8:20:28pm

I think Harry will fall in love with someone new because well, I think we'll all agree the whole Cho thing is done and over and Hermione is destined for Ron and if they don't hook up soon I'll lose my mind. Ginny might make a good girl friend but it might be a little awkward for him to date his best friend's litte sister. Luna is well tooo loony and I kinda got the impression she had a crush on Ron though I may be wrong... and Pravati Is just too stuck up for him.
*Lily*
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby SinisterSimpson » Friday 23 July 2004 5:09:27pm

I think Ginny is the best one for Harry. I know she's "over" him (meaning she's quit acting weird when he's around) but , it's just in the past book (#5) that she's really quit acting weird. All this time, Harry has never really known the "real" Ginny. My theory is that will get to know each other more from things like the DA and possibly fall for each other. Besides, remember how mad Ron was at the end of the OotP when Ginny said she was dating Dean Thomas? I bet Harry is one of the few people Ron would trust with Ginny.
SinisterSimpson
Squib

Postby WON » Monday 26 July 2004 7:47:58am

If anybody, I think it should be Ginny. Not because she used to have a crush on Harry, but because I think she knows how to handle his moods and she`s pretty brave and cunning. Go Ginny! :lol:
WON
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Location: Hanging out with the girls in the Ravenclaw girl`s dorm

Postby Rebecca Spinnet » Tuesday 27 July 2004 12:12:47am

yeah i agree, plus i don't think it would be weird to date your best friends sisiter if anything it would mean all of them (ron, hermoine, harry, ginny)
would be closer
Rebecca Spinnet
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby emus » Wednesday 28 July 2004 7:47:45pm

ya ginny seems like a very good choice for harry. and i dont know if this has been mentioned but i dont think anyone other then harry will be *good enough* for ginny by rons standards.
emus
Fourth Year

Postby Deedra Malfoy » Wednesday 28 July 2004 10:16:33pm

I voted no one 'cause I don't think he should have a girlfriend and get her planted in the middle of the LV thing. Harry's ideal girl (in my head) would probably be someone a bit more conservative and... nice
Deedra Malfoy
Trainer of Magical Creatures

Postby fairy_princess » Wednesday 4 August 2004 1:23:19pm

Ginny, Ginny Ginny Ginny Ginny Ginny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DID I SAY GINNY????

well of course I did!!! She is really coming out of her charater! I really hope Harry and Ginny get together!
fairy_princess
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby harrylover » Wednesday 4 August 2004 6:33:00pm

Yeah i hope so too...ginny is perfect for him...she´s getting stronger and stronger, I really like her.
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby Q8Hermione » Friday 13 August 2004 8:29:43am

It used to be Ginny but now i think Luna suits him more as i think Harry feels comfortable with her by the end of Book 5...
Q8Hermione
Second Year

Postby harrylover » Friday 13 August 2004 8:53:56am

I think Luna and Harry are only friends...he´s a bit too weird for him...I don´t think they´re going to get together...I hope it´s Ginny. She´s exactly what Harry needs...a strong witch who is able to defend herself and who knows what she wants.
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby Q8Hermione » Friday 13 August 2004 10:11:23am

Yeah that's possible too, i don't mind Ginny as well, i think they would be great together too.. but i also would like to know more about Luna i think there will be more about her in the next book..
Q8Hermione
Second Year

Postby eedoe » Monday 16 August 2004 2:37:38pm

I am a big fan of the notion of Ginny and Harry getting together. I don't think all subtle character building behind her are simply for naught. I felt that JK purposefully kept Ginny in a low profile status to keep her ultimate importance under guard until the end of the series.
eedoe
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Tanuki » Tuesday 11 January 2005 10:45:09pm

I see no reason why Harry would want to hook up with Ginny. Her romantic feelings are on the wane for him. I see her being single for a while, kind of a bachelorette.

I'm also a resolute Harry/Hermoine shipper. I think my responces to the Ron Hermoine shippers is what got me kicked out of the last Harry Potter forum I was on. Then again, it could be because they were repressive annoying gits :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hermoine and Harry have known each other a long time, and Harry is starting to rely on her more than even Ron. The fact that they understand each other better than Ron and Hermoine do seems to solidify it for me
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Mint » Wednesday 12 January 2005 2:23:55pm

lols, well everyone is free to believe whatever they want, but I think Hermoine-wise we got enough hints from JRK about who she will end up with :grin:

I also think that we will have to wait till the last book to find out :( too bad T_T I want to know now.
Mint
Slytherin Prefect, Hogwarts Librarian and Milady of the Night

Location: Chasing evil duck commander Choki >:( on a chocobo!!!

Postby Tanuki » Wednesday 12 January 2005 3:19:56pm

Mint wrote:lols, well everyone is free to believe whatever they want, but I think Hermoine-wise we got enough hints from JRK about who she will end up with :grin:

I also think that we will have to wait till the last book to find out :( too bad T_T I want to know now.

Arguments are not hints. Hugs and kisses and jelousy are.

-Hermione kissed Harry first and seems more affectionate to him

-When Hermione is hurt by the Basilisk, MsGonagall comes to Harry to get him. mr. Weasley is an afterthought

-Krum is jelous of Harry, not Ron

-Cho is jelous of Hermione, not Ginny

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

PreviousNext

Return to The Books