Hagrid

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Hagrid

Postby jarvan49 » Friday 2 July 2004 8:42:29pm

In my opinion Hagrid has played a huge role in the book so far. But I think he must even a bigger in the upcoming books. I posted in the theories section that I belive Hagrid to be the Half Blood Prince. I have many reasons why I think he the HBP and/or why he is so important.

Firstly, Dumbledore tursts Hagrid a LOT.

Secondly, Dumbledore let him stay at Hogwarts even after expulsion. So he must be important to the story.

So that being said. What do you think Hagrid's future in the series will be?
jarvan49
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Gower » Friday 2 July 2004 9:03:43pm

As you said Hagrid must get bigger in the upcoming books :grin: I don't know how he will fit into his hut :grin:
Seriously though, I think he is important and could play an important role in any battle between the dark forces and the good forces. We have seen how strong he is, and often a single spell won't affect him at all.
Gower
Gryffindor Prefect, Head of Gryffindor Security Force and Member of Hogwarts Chess Team

Postby harrylover » Friday 2 July 2004 10:10:16pm

yeah i think he will play a big part in the next books. he´s really strong and i think he will be acting as some sort of contact man maybe with the giants?? Maybe they´ll join the war on the good side and then hagrid would be important. he´s also a good friend of harry and someone you can trust.
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby Luke » Thursday 19 August 2004 5:44:51am

Yes I think we are all under the illusion that when JKR said halfblood that actually could mean anything. I think Hagrid will finally train Gwrap (sp?) cause JKR said Gwrap would become more taimable, and it seems to me Hagrid is the only one to do this. I think there is a great chance that Hagrid will be the HBP.
Luke
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Female_alien » Tuesday 24 August 2004 4:11:40pm

I hope he isn't the Half Blood prince although he could be since he is a half blood. I hope he isn't because I'm not a big fan of Hagrid, actually i find him rather boring.
So actually, he could be, this is only my stupid opinion :grin:
Female_alien
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Postby Meg Boyd » Wednesday 22 September 2004 5:32:35pm

i think Hagrid might have a chance...I mean DD usually has greater reasons for everything;beyond those of just normal human compassion. I think DD has a reason for keeping Hagrid on the grounds and fighting for him to stay...this would also tie into why Half Blood Prince might have been the title of CoS, since hagrid is a huge part of the story and at one time in the drafts more of his life might have been written about in the book. We also don't know much about Hagrid's father. We learned a lot about his mother in the last book, so maybe his father might hold the key for success of the HBP??????
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby DragonFiend17 » Tuesday 1 March 2005 1:59:09am

He's had quite a big part in the first book...philosopher's stone, sorcerer's stone, whatever...AND in the second, he was framed, but yes, we should have more hagrid the character, not a big role but a big part...(if that made sense? sorry--i don't do mondays) :oops:
DragonFiend17
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Weasleys_gurl07 » Friday 3 June 2005 7:07:34pm

i think that hagrid will play on of the more important parts in the 6th and 7th book. hagrids the one that brought harry to his aunts and picked him up there 11 years later so ya i think he's very important.
That is a very interesting i think it wouls be very intesting if he as the half blood prince. :grin:
Weasleys_gurl07
Fourth Year

Postby niki_192 » Saturday 9 July 2005 8:47:52am

i like hagrid...maybe he could be the half blood prince....but i have a funny feeling its not.......we'll just have 2 wait and see for another 7 days we will b thinking bout.....jk knows .... lucky
niki_192
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby niki_192 » Saturday 9 July 2005 8:48:34am

did i just write a load of gibberish then? :???:
niki_192
Fully Qualified Wizard

Return to Characters