What if Harry dies?

What would have happened if The Sorting Hat had insisted on sorting Harry into Slytherin? Or what if Harry had become friends with Draco Malfoy instead of Ron during their first journey on the Hogwarts Express? Wander into alternative Harry Potter universes here.

Moderators: Run Away!!!, Un'Anima Persa, *Riley*

What if Harry dies?

Postby Jotomicron » Saturday 13 March 2004 12:56:43pm

ell, much about this had been said. But what would teh Dursley do?
Would they cry or feel happy? Or none of those?

Petunia seems a little worried about Harry, cause he tells Vernon the kid must stay...
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby Female_alien » Thursday 25 March 2004 10:00:05pm

I don't think they would be happy - they're not such animals! I think Petunia would even giv a tear or two, Vernon would act like he's glad because such a disgrease fr his family is finally gone, but he wuld feel diffeent. And Dudley - he wouldn't be sorry. Maybe because he lst his beating bag, but for not other reasn really. He was afraif of Harry anyway. So, he's the animal, in my opinion. :grin:
Female_alien
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Postby Groo » Saturday 10 April 2004 10:48:34am

i think the Dursleys would feel sorry for a while but later they would forget about him and get on with their lives. After all, he is a constant source of worry and embarassment for them

i dont think dudley is quite an animal , i think he is immature and basically it is the way he has been brought up that would make him look like one.
i think he would really feel happy if Harry dies.
Groo
A true Ravenclaw, Master of Legilimency and the biggest fear of all Boggarts

Postby Alice I » Saturday 10 April 2004 11:11:00am

See my comments in a thread called Will Harry Die under the Rumor's section. It is a poll.
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby platinumstepper » Monday 31 May 2004 3:20:44am

yeah i think they would at one point get on with their lives but greive some because they have some feelings for him dont you think????i mean he is family.
platinumstepper
Second Year

Postby Devinci » Monday 31 May 2004 10:13:43pm

I agree that I think Petunia would be the one to feel Harry's deatht he most. she seems to have some sort of sentimental grudge hanging over the whole Potter name.

THe other would probably....eat.... :???:
Devinci
Hugger of Trees and Saver of Whales

Postby Female_alien » Tuesday 1 June 2004 4:31:15pm

Devinci wrote:
THe other would probably....eat.... :???:

:lol: :lol: lol that made me laugh :lol:
Female_alien
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Postby harrylover » Tuesday 15 June 2004 7:41:35pm

i think petunia would be sorry...but vernon and dudley...don´t thiunk so...maybe vernon a bit...
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby zledm007 » Wednesday 23 June 2004 6:25:37am

i think they all would be sorry to an extent, but petunia the most. I don't think the Dursley's, yes all of them, will pan out to be quite so anti-harry in the end. I think that the way Vernon treats him is mostly a front, it is sorely partly because he is afraid of harry a little, but i think it it mostly a front, something we will learn in the later books. but who really knows except JK, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
zledm007
Divination Teacher and Jazz Master for the Universe

Postby Alice I » Wednesday 23 June 2004 3:01:50pm

I have never gotten anything from Vernon that his feelings toward Harry are anything but what they appear to be.
If his feelings were a front then he should be acting on stage or in movies rather than selling drills.
I mean how many times have we seen him described as haveing the veins in his neck and temples throbbing with his fury? Why would he go to such insane lengths to hide Harry from the owls trying to deliver his Hogwarts letter?
I think that Vernon hates Harry as much as is evident in the way his character has been written. He is not related to Harry by blood the way Petunia is so I really don't think he would care if Harry died except maybe to celebrate.

Petunia is another matter. She may have some deep seeded feelings for Harry. Everyone says that Harry has his mother's eyes. They all remark on it. Don't you think that Petunia would also have noticed that her nephew has her sister's eyes?
The jury is still out on Petunia for the passage in OOTP was not telling enough to truly determine her motivations but it did open a door for some character development between Petunia and Harry.
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby TomFeltonLover939 » Friday 2 July 2004 5:55:21pm

i think the dursley's would be upset cuz they'd kinda realize that they really somewhat cared for harry, but i don't think they'd be crying for days or anything, they may act like they don't care as well
TomFeltonLover939
Second Year

Postby TomFeltonLover939 » Friday 2 July 2004 5:57:06pm

i think they dursleys will be upset because they'd realize that they actually somewhat cared about harry..they wouldn't cry for days, and they might act like they're glad, but they'd really be upset
TomFeltonLover939
Second Year

Postby Q8Hermione » Friday 13 August 2004 10:14:31am

That would be too much, i still can't get over the ending of book 5!!! his parents are dead.. He can't die too!! it would be too sad!!! :(
Q8Hermione
Second Year

Postby DragonFiend17 » Sunday 13 March 2005 2:26:33am

I think if Harry dies (which he is supposed to in book 7) he will make an imprint on the Dursleys, so they have something to remember him more by...like, maybe saving Dudley *snorts* or something... :???: Anyway, that's what I think...
DragonFiend17
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby danemma_4ever » Friday 8 December 2006 6:38:38am

Oh so harry will die? Then the title shud not be harry potter.
danemma_4ever
Second Year

Next

Return to What If?