A war in the making?

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Dumbledores Master » Saturday 17 April 2004 7:28:59pm

The muggles may find out but i doubt it. They didnt find out before and if the fight is at hogwarts then muggles wont find out. Though I am leaning towards them finding out

/ !NO!
!YES! ! __!
!___!
Dumbledores Master
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Floating around here somewhere not sure where though, maybe here maybe there or maybe nowhere

Postby Athena Appleton » Saturday 17 April 2004 7:40:59pm

:welcome: welcome, spagetti! mind if I call you pasketti? :lol: that's what my little boy calls it.

Anyway, I think there's a possibility the muggles could be involved. They were in danger last time Voldy had power, and if he's supposed to get even worse than last time, I would imagine there'll be no way the muggles can't get involved somehow... don't know what kind of involvement they'd have, whether it's just knowing about it and fearing, or some kind of muggle fighting, which, frankly, is fairly useless around Voldy and his Aveda Kedavra curse... *shrug* but I do think they'll know the whole story by the end of the books.
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Groo » Saturday 17 April 2004 8:49:53pm

i think it is impossible that no muggle knows about the wizards. but i dont think that they will be involved in the actual fighting.

what can happen? the MoM contacts the muggle primeminister that he needs reinforcements. the PM sends troops of the british army, armed with machineguns, handgrenades and in army tanks. there begins the fight and the army bravely , without a care of their lives, help the aurors to win.

See how dumb it sounds :-?
Groo
A true Ravenclaw, Master of Legilimency and the biggest fear of all Boggarts

Postby Moonstone » Monday 19 April 2004 8:49:18am

I can only agree there. the muggle don´t have any magic and to try to stopp LV whit a tank or a gun is plain stupid.. he would turn their own wepons against them self... and muggle´s cant defend them self from his magic army.. so insted of having help from ordinary ppl the Auror´s will only bee slowed down by them...
But it perhaps it´s like this.. muggle´s can help to locate LV if they happen to see him or one of his members..
Ooo i hope that book six comes soon... this will drive me Crazy!!!
Moonstone
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Leving the milkbottle and heading out into the big scary world

Postby Dumbledores Master » Monday 19 April 2004 11:20:52am

If muggles did fight they would be slaughtered because remember electrical things don`t work near Hogwarts.
Dumbledores Master
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Floating around here somewhere not sure where though, maybe here maybe there or maybe nowhere

Postby Dumbledores Master » Monday 19 April 2004 11:36:55am

does anyone think he will use dragons? Maybe a Chinese Fireball will be drawn towards the school because they do prefer Humans. The Common welsh green as well it is native. So is the Hebridean Black. Peruvian Vipertooth`s may be sent in. There would definetly be a Ukrainian Ironbelly since its well huge and may be used to crush the school. They could be transported there using portkeys or something.
Dumbledores Master
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Moonstone » Monday 19 April 2004 12:18:41pm

I agree on that thing with electrisy.. but didn´t LV´s members in OoP wisit france and managed to get an agreement with the gigants.. i have a faint memory of that happening or was i dreaming???

Anyway what if he will us them at first to see what will happen and see what deffens Hogwart have befor he realese the dragons... woulden´t that be logical to find out in oneway or another what Hogwarts can do befor he makes the big knockdown???
Moonstone
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Dumbledores Master » Monday 19 April 2004 8:20:32pm

Call me crazy but what about the hous elves fighting?

1. They are loyal
2. Have powerful magic of their own
3. Take orders
4. Can be evil(look at wossisface in OOTP)
5. It would be funny (Yoda fighting in Star Wars episode 2:attack of the clones would give an idea of what it would be like)

P.S took this from a post on page 6
Dumbledores Master
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Nobby » Monday 19 April 2004 8:25:35pm

yeah it has been discussed is several theories

How cool would that be! :grin:
Nobby
Hufflepuff Prefect and The Half Blood Prince

Postby Moonstone » Tuesday 20 April 2004 9:35:56am

Well it would work.. and then we have the forbidden forest.. with the gigant spider and his family.. only problem is if they agree to fight with Hogwarts instead of thinking of them as a light meal...
Moonstone
Fully Qualified Wizard

Off topic

Postby carsten » Monday 26 April 2004 2:02:35pm

Paintballdecoy wrote:Why would Voldemort attack hogwarts. I know Harry and Dumbledore are there, but there are also 800 other students there, so why attack them.

Sorry if it is a little bit off topic, but how did you get the number of 800 students? My estimation is in the range of 280.

Carsten
carsten
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Dumbledores Master » Monday 26 April 2004 5:34:39pm

The great hall is said to be huge (read it somewhere) and remember in PoA when DD conjured the sleeping bags there were loads and loads.

Where did you get the 800 from paintboy?
Dumbledores Master
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Evil Wizard Petting Zoo » Monday 26 April 2004 9:27:59pm

800 is alot but 250 doesn't seem like enough sooooo......let's do math!! boo!! Ok, my estimate is that there's approximately 15 students per year per house multiply that by 7 and that by 4 and you get......*running to get a calculator*.....420! Geez that's alot too!
Evil Wizard Petting Zoo
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Monday 26 April 2004 10:40:59pm

There's not really a concrete way to do the math, really... there's a swing of about 700 students by different people's estimaguesses.

We know that there are "several hundred" (that is mentioned) and that the Great Hall is huge.

We know how many Gryffindor boys and how many Gryffindor girls there are in Harry's year only. So lets say you take the number in Harry's year and multiply it by the number of years and the number of houses, you get....

Harry, Ron, Neville, Dean, Seamus, Hermione, Parvati, Lavender multiplied by 7 (the number of years in Gryffindor) multiplied by 4 (the number of houses), you get a total of about 225 students total. Not quite "several hundred".

It could help to take into effect that the sorting may not be done on an equal basis (more people may be put into Hufflepuff than Gryffindor, for example) and also that there may be more 3rd years than 5th years, etc. When Lily became pregnant with Harry, Voldemort was reaching his height of power. Few people may have wanted to bring children into a world of Voldy terror. Also, since the students at Hogwarts aren't representative of all children (only those with the special ability to perform magic go there) it's likely it would be much less evenly spread out than, say, a boy/girl ratio at a regular school.

I usually imagine somewhere around 350-400 students at Hogwarts. I think it was Aberforth who said he assumed there were closer to 1000 students (which would mean there were WAY less Gryffindors in Harry's year than other years and other houses).
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Ferrus » Tuesday 27 April 2004 8:27:17pm

I agree with the 400-500 hundred figure, it makes sense and doesn´t make Harry´s year THAT small, apart from the fact that probably a lot more people get into Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff than in Griffindor or Slytherin.
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to Theories