Salamence's Wand Shop!

Looking for the latest new broomstick? Or maybe a new wand? Do you need to sort out your financial affairs or keep your valuables safe at Gringott's? Find it all here at Diagon Alley - the finest wizarding shopping lane in England.

Moderators: Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix

Postby Marina » Saturday 6 March 2004 8:25:28pm

O! Thankyou :grin: . *rushes out to try out new wand on some 1st years :evil: *
Marina
Fourth Year

Location: In the Slytherin common room with my pet snake, Severus.

Postby choki » Monday 8 March 2004 7:57:43am

Airconditioner Potter

12 inches, centaur hair, scandalwood (An intelligent wand with a scent in every wave)
13 inches, phoenix feather, teak (A wand excellent for memory-associated charms)
9 inches, salamander scale, ash (Made from an ever-lasting fire, this wand is packed with fiery explosive power!)
10.5 inches, thestral wing feather, maple (Often associated with death, this wand often inflicts damage much more severe than intended)

Amon Rê

7.5 inches, billywig sting, palm (Never fail to add a sting to every attack)
9 inches, unicorn hair, bamboo (Tranquility is the power of all forces. Face danger with calmness as true power awakes from within...)
11 inches, ashwinder scale, oak (One of the toughest wands ever made, it is resistant to disarming charms)
10.5 inches, dragon heartstring, holly (A wand excellent for defensive branch of magic)
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby Amon Rê » Tuesday 9 March 2004 5:56:48am

7.5 inches, billywig sting, palm (Never fail to add a sting to every attack)
9 inches, unicorn hair, bamboo (Tranquility is the power of all forces. Face danger with calmness as true power awakes from within...)
11 inches, ashwinder scale, oak (One of the toughest wands ever made, it is resistant to disarming charms)
10.5 inches, dragon heartstring, holly (A wand excellent for defensive branch of magic)

**picks up the 7.5 inch palm wand...gives it a wave...a smell of rotten eggs fills the room...drops the wand in a fit of coughs**

**picks up the 9 inch oak wand...drops it before he can even wave it...it's burnt him...**

**looks a fearfully at the table**

**Hesitantly picks up the 11 inch oak wand...DOESN'T get burnt...gives it a wave, but shatters the front window...drops the wand hoping that the next one doesn't blow up the entire building...**

**Grabs the 10.5 inch holly and gives it a wave...hundreds of thousands of shiny baubles shoot out of the end...**

I think I've finally got one...thank you soo much Choki...this'll be the perfect day :double jump:
Amon Rê
Dreamer of Dreams, Registered Animagus (Snow Owl) and Ambassador from the Isle of Dreams

Postby fierce » Sunday 14 March 2004 10:35:06am

Can I have a wand too? I can't be a real witch without a wand ;) and also... Amon Re tends to get a little overexcited with the bubbles!
fierce
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Airconditioner Potter » Tuesday 16 March 2004 4:22:56am

12 inches, centaur hair, scandalwood (An intelligent wand with a scent in every wave)
13 inches, phoenix feather, teak (A wand excellent for memory-associated charms)
9 inches, salamander scale, ash (Made from an ever-lasting fire, this wand is packed with fiery explosive power!)
10.5 inches, thestral wing feather, maple (Often associated with death, this wand often inflicts damage much more severe than intended)

**Picks up the 12 inch want**

"What a lovely wand"

**Gives the wand a whirl, the most wonderful aroma emerges**

"This wand is incredible!! It is definately the wand for me!! Thank you so much for the most excellent wand ever!!"
Airconditioner Potter
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Nobby » Sunday 21 March 2004 7:59:00pm

Have you got any wands for me?

If you give me a wand with a dragons heartstring in it i will kill! :evil:
Nobby
Hufflepuff Prefect and The Half Blood Prince

Postby Nobby » Wednesday 24 March 2004 3:41:20pm

*hem hem*

*rings bell*

"is anyone here?"
Nobby

Postby choki » Wednesday 24 March 2004 5:09:37pm

Ooops sorry...did you ring the bell for a long time?
The bell is faulty, it was supposed to ring the bell magically into the storeroom where I was arranging the wands
I'm terribly sorry

*fixes the bell*

fierce
9 inches, unicorn hair, monkey-puzzle (A mischievous wand with a sense of righteous)
7.5 inches, augurey feather, yew (A powerful wand with a little wind element)
12 inches, dragon heartstring, ebony (Good for wand-fighting)
10 inches, griffin feather, oak (A defensive wand packed with enough power to throw off any unauthorised wizard)

Nobby
9.5 inches, chimaera feather, baobab (A slightly thick hand that is excellent for ice-related magic)
13 inches, centaur hair, beechwood (Chosen owner must pass a test by Firenze. Those who own this wand will be granted the mysterious power of centaurs)
12.5 inches, erumpent horn, rosewood (A tough hard-to-break wand. Just the choice of an accident-prone user)
8 inches, phoenix feather, teak (A special protection is encasted in this wand)
choki

Postby Nobby » Wednesday 24 March 2004 5:12:49pm

sorry choki, i mean't to say that i'd love a wand with something dragon related in it! Sorry for being padantic!
Nobby

Postby choki » Wednesday 24 March 2004 5:22:02pm

*turns head around and grumbles*
*faces Nobby*

Oh, it is ok...we do have plenty more to choose from

13.5 inches, dragon claw, maple (A fairly offensive wand blessed with an ancient branch of sea magic)
11 inches, dragon heartstring, bamboo (A soothing music is made everytime a spell is being cast)
9 inches, dragon wingbone, mahogany (Being a light-weighted wand, its design-proven feature allow greater reflex)
10.5 inches, dragon horn, ash (Made from one of the toughest part of a dragon, this wand should be capable for lifting the heaviest giant)
choki

Postby Nobby » Wednesday 24 March 2004 5:29:22pm

*Nobby picks up the dragon heartstring bamboo wand*

"it feels alright" :D

*Gives the wand a flick but the nearest window shatters* :-?

"i think i'll try dragon windbone one"

*Picks the wand up and gives it a wave- nothing happens* :(

*Picks up the dragon claw- maple wand and shouts "Colloportus" - the nearsest door locks itself*

" i'll think i'll take this one choki, its long and i love the ancient branch of sea magic"

*Shouts "reparo" pointing his wand at the shattered window*
Nobby

Postby Female_alien » Wednesday 24 March 2004 7:49:30pm

*enteres*
I wanted to buy a wand for a long time, and now I've finally got the money! yay! Tell me what you've got for me!
Female_alien
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Postby fierce » Sunday 28 March 2004 6:01:34am

*was dozing in the corner, and awakes with a start as the window shatters*

.... oh! you're back! I was just... resting my eyes :)

*Fierce picks up the 9 inches, unicorn hair, monkey-puzzle wand and gives it a swish. Silly string squirts out the end of the wand, coating everyone in sticky strands*

so sorry! once i find the right wand i'll clean this up!

*Picks up the 7.5 inches, augurey feather, yew wand and gives it a swish. A sudden huge gust of wind buffets the store interior, throwing boxes and wands everywhere.*

Maybe the wind element is a little too strong for me!

*Picks up the 10 inches, griffin feather, oak wand. As she gives it a swish, the wand becomes red hot in her hand. she drops it, and it smoulders on the floor*

Perhaps not.

*Picks up the 12 inches, dragon heartstring, ebony wand. Gives it a swish and the silly string disappears, boxes and wands are back on shelves, and the griffin feather wand cools down enough for Fierce to put it back into it's box.*

I'll have the dragon heartstring wand Choki! It's perfect!
fierce
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Alice I » Sunday 28 March 2004 6:10:09am

Enters store and sees two happy customers leaving:
Then waits in line for her turn behind Female_Alien.
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby choki » Sunday 28 March 2004 4:47:23pm

Welcome to Salamence, your best wand shop in town!

Female_alien
10 inches, armadilo shell, pine (One of the best protection material, armadilo shell proves to be a suitable core for duelling wands)
13 inches, phoenix feather, teak (In terms of magical abilities, phoenix ranks within the top ten list. This wand has all its benefits, of course!)
9.5 inches, cockatrice feather, willow (Known for its perifying power, this wand spuns and immobilises opponents easily)
10 inches, fire crab shell, ash (Shooting fireballs within 20 feet in range is not a difficult task with this wand)

Alice I
12 inches, thestral wing bone, yew (This skeletal core is effective against dark magic, however, it could be seen as a bad luck wand for some)
8.5 inches, unicorn hair, holly (Swiftness is one of the main selling points of this particular wand)
11 inches, augurey feather, scandalwood (Repels water magic and foretells rain, this wand is good for weather predicting!)
7.5 inches, dragon hide, rosewood (Tough wand to fight against as it is bestowed with dragon natural defense mechanism)
choki

PreviousNext

Return to Diagon Alley