Harrys Unforgiveable Curse

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Emma'I'm a real witch' » Tuesday 24 February 2004 1:46:48pm

Nobby wrote:Is there a way to make voldie more human? then he probably will be able to be killed in a more conventional way. DIE VOLDIE DIE :evil:

There is a bit at the end of GoF when Harry is describing to Dumbledore what happened in the graveyard and (I forget the exact words, and I don't have my books with me because I'm in work!) He gets a glint in his eye. I think this has something to do with LV using some of Harry's blood to become alive again. Maybe this will make him more human, or it makes some other connection between him and Harry that makes him easier to kill.
They only other thing I can think of is because LV used Harry's blood, if Harry dies then he will die too. Maybe Harry sacrifices himself to kill LV??
I hope not though :cry:
Emma'I'm a real witch'
Seventh Year

Postby Aberforth » Tuesday 24 February 2004 1:57:01pm

I think you're referring to the bit about the look in DDs eye that looked like a moment of triumph, as though DD hoped this would happen, or indeed planned it.

I think there must be some significance to LV using Harry's blood and that may help Harry defeat him.

Saying that, I would imagine that this would be ancient magic like the thing with Lily sacrificing herself to save Harry. Surely, LV would have learned his lesson in not underestimating the magic that he despises, and would have fully examined all possible outcomes of using Harry's blood to regenerate himself.
Aberforth
Hogs Head Bartender

Postby Nobby » Thursday 26 February 2004 11:25:30am

i think voldie uses harry's blood so he could touch him. that ancient magic lily used is now in voldie! Remember in PS voldie couldn't touch harry
Nobby
Hufflepuff Prefect and The Half Blood Prince

Postby Aberforth » Thursday 26 February 2004 12:07:30pm

Nobby wrote:i think voldie uses harry's blood so he could touch him. that ancient magic lily used is now in voldie! Remember in PS voldie couldn't touch harry

Thats correct, but what if by doing so he has brought some other ancient magic into play. Maybe what Harry carries in his heart will start to eat at voldemort from the inside.
Aberforth
Hogs Head Bartender

Postby Emma'I'm a real witch' » Saturday 28 February 2004 9:32:26pm

Thats correct, but what if by doing so he has brought some other ancient magic into play. Maybe what Harry carries in his heart will start to eat at voldemort from the inside.[/quote]

I think LV can touch Harry now because he managed to possess him in the MoM, but he couldn't stay there because in Harry was the thing he detests the most (love?). And later on when DD is talking to Harry in his office he says that Harry's heart saved him. So maybe Harry's pure heart will be what enables him to finally defeat LV.
Emma'I'm a real witch'
Seventh Year

Postby Eos » Saturday 28 February 2004 11:34:54pm

Aberforth wrote:But Voldemort took his human form when he rose to power again in GoF. He settled for mortality first so he could work on becoming immortal agian later. Therefore A.K. would work on him.

However, I think the love thing will do him in.

The Cruciatus by the way needs "some powerful dark magic", which Harry does not practice - that's why he failed.

Maybe the point is, that you can only use a unforgivable "properly" if you do it for your own egoistic "fun of killing". This could be the dark magic you've mentioned, Aberforth. If I try to kill or torture somebody because this person tortured/killed someone you love, then my will is born out of the power of love. It's not for me in a way. It's for the friend of mine, whom I want to be revenged, 'cause I love him or her.

To the blood thing with Voldie and Harry: Maybe DD feels triumph 'cause before that Voldie was just pure hatred, ego, hunger for power,... Now that he has some of Harry's blood, he owns some of the love Lily has felt for Harry and some of the love Harry feels for his friends, Sirius, ...
As someone quoted Hagrid said, that Voldie is not human enough to be killed. With Harry's human blood inside himself he might be "human enough". Harry's humanity disturbes Voldie's inhumanity which is needed for being as evil as you have to be for being Voldemort.
Eos
Second Year

Location: On my way to the point where the sky and the sea fuse!

Postby pandora315 » Wednesday 10 March 2004 1:34:06pm

Doesn't anyone find it scary that Harry uses Crucio? Or that he seems to do so much damage when angry. I mean, IF his secret weapon is love he's not showing so much loving is he?

I wanted to ask for some opinions on Voldys mortality status. I thought that he said somewhere that he'd settle for coming back as a mortle and then set his aim for immortality again. Does that mean that the spell (or potion, whatever it was) he put into effect to save him last time (When he tried to kill Harry) would only work once? So he is able to be killed by the Avada Kadavra this time because he ios mortal?
pandora315
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Wednesday 10 March 2004 5:29:28pm

About the love thing, in a way he's showing love for his parents and Sirius, just not warm fuzzies... :lol:

excellent question about the mortality thing, though... When Voldemort gets a body back in the graveyard, he became mortal again... and as far as we know, he hasn't done anything to make him immortal again... is he possibly vulnerable again right now?
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Eos » Thursday 11 March 2004 3:10:06pm

Maybe he is one of these non-deads now, you know, this mixture neither dead nor alive. I don't think that he's is properly mortal right know. He wouldn't want that, would he? He wouldn't plan a rebirth like that, meaning to be mortal again. And that would be to easy - so he could be killed by any auror or even any witch or wizard who is powerful enough to do the AK and mean it.
Doesn't anyone find it scary that Harry uses Crucio? Or that he seems to do so much damage when angry. I mean, IF his secret weapon is love he's not showing so much loving is he?

No, I don't think it's scary. It's "normal" in a way. If someone kills the person you love, the only person whom you could go to, the only bit of father which is left to you, it would be rather scary if you went on like nothing happened! He can't go to Bellatrix like Jesus and forgive her for what she did. The thing is that he has to learn how to deal with his anger and hate.
Eos
Second Year

Location: On my way to the point where the sky and the sea fuse!

Postby Aberforth » Thursday 11 March 2004 3:17:57pm

pandora315 wrote:I wanted to ask for some opinions on Voldys mortality status. I thought that he said somewhere that he'd settle for coming back as a mortle and then set his aim for immortality again. Does that mean that the spell (or potion, whatever it was) he put into effect to save him last time (When he tried to kill Harry) would only work once? So he is able to be killed by the Avada Kadavra this time because he ios mortal?

I think that LV is mortal and will remain so until the end, otherwise how could he be killed? However, LV is the second most powerful wizard on the planet and, like DD, could find ways to block the Abracadabra curse (I think DD uses the fountain of magial brethren a couple of times). Not just anybody would attempt to take LV on alone anyway - fear is a powerful ally.
Aberforth
Hogs Head Bartender

Postby Athena Appleton » Thursday 11 March 2004 4:39:57pm

Eos: what you were saying about Voldy being "undead"... that's what he's been from the time Harry was a year old until the end of GoF. He says in GoF that he would settle for mortality to acheive immortality, which would mean that as of then (unless he's done something we don't know about, because Harry would have felt the happiness when Voldy became immortal) he was mortal
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby darkcloak » Thursday 11 March 2004 5:16:24pm

Also when he comes back in the graveyard and he says he will 'settle for mortality for the moment', Voldie may also be thinking that once he has killed Harry through duelling, then he will me immortal anyway due to the section of the prophecy he has heard.
darkcloak
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby paintballdecoy » Thursday 11 March 2004 10:47:07pm

Yes, that might be it, maybe he would become immortal if he kills Harry, but does that mean if Harry kills Voldemort he will be immortal? Yes, I think Voldemort is mortal for now, thats why he has been staying in his hide-out and not getting the phophosy him self
paintballdecoy
Chief Paintball Wizard, Theory Master and Voldemort Spy

Postby pandora315 » Friday 12 March 2004 12:56:20pm

I don't think it works l;ike that. Voldemort would be immortal if he killed harry becuase the prophecy says "the ONE with the power...." so Harry is really the only one with a shot at killing VOldy. But there wasn't a prophecy made saying "the one who kills Voldy will have eternal life and good fortune" or anything like that. Anyone see what I'm saying?
pandora315
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Friday 12 March 2004 3:23:02pm

but voldy doesn't know the whole prophesy... he might well think killing harry will insure his immortality...

Something I'm confused on in OotP... the "secret weapon" was the prophesy, right? And there were guards from the Order trying to keep Voldy and his minions away, right? Exactly for what reason did they want to keep Voldemort from knowing the entire prophesy? So he wouldn't think he could just sneak up on Harry and kill him that way?
Athena Appleton

PreviousNext

Return to Theories