Where is Sirius's Motorbike?

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Athena Appleton » Wednesday 10 March 2004 5:37:44pm

I just feel like Sirius would have spent a lot of time outside the ruins of the Potter's house in the days that followed... They were not only his best friends, but also his godson's parents. If there was anything to be salvaged, I would imagine he would try to get access to it to give to Harry (who he probably at that point thought he'd be raising) someday...

About the memory charms on Muggles, I think it's in Chamber of Secrets, maybe P/SS, Ron tells Harry that wizards are always having to put memory charms on muggles... it's all over the books

I don't know for sure, just like no one else does... I just have always pictured the confrontation between Wormtail and Sirius being somewhere (maybe even down the street) around the ruins of the Potter's home. I could very well be wrong, but since there's no concrete evidence for or against, there's nothing wrong in my picturing it that way, is there?
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Ferrus » Wednesday 10 March 2004 8:10:22pm

Well, I´d imagine that Sirius would have gone strait to Wormtails hide-out, vengeance bieng more in his mind.

Also, Wormtail would be running away fromSirius (being the coward he is) so it could well be a very long way away. Also, Wizards tend to live somewhat away from Muggles and "civilisisation" (sp?) so there wouldn´t that many Muggles to blow up in that area. Just my thoughts
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Wednesday 10 March 2004 8:38:47pm

I do agree that wizards, in general, do stay away from muggles, but not all of them do. In fact, I don't understand really why the Black family's home was among a bunch of Muggles, seeing as they seem to despise them... And I still hold on to my theory that wherever a huge "accident" like what happened at the Potter's home happens, people will flock to it to gawk and gossip.
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Amon Rê » Wednesday 10 March 2004 8:49:28pm

Nope...nothing wrong whatsoever :-D The only reason I don't think Sirius stayed around is because he figured the Ministry would be after him for revealing where the Potter's were to Voldemort...even though he didn't and Voldemort died, I think the tragedy of the Potter's death would have affected Sirius...
Amon Rê
Dreamer of Dreams, Registered Animagus (Snow Owl) and Ambassador from the Isle of Dreams

Postby Athena Appleton » Wednesday 10 March 2004 8:57:34pm

Why would he be afraid the Ministry would be after him because of James and Lily's deaths? He wasn't their secret-keeper. I think he would have assumed he'd have a trial and it was a nasty shock when he didn't... if there had been a trial, he would have known he'd be free immediately because Dumbledore would know Pettigrew was the secret-keeper...

I think that, if Sirius was really the one who went looking for Wormtail (and he probably was), it was because Sirius would have wanted to take revenge on Wormtail for the deaths of his friends...
Athena Appleton

Postby Amon Rê » Wednesday 10 March 2004 9:03:41pm

But see, it wasn't public knowledge that Sirius WASN'T the secret keeper...it was assumed by everyone that Sirius was the secret keeper, I mean they even say, at the last minute they changed it to Wormtail...

I think Wormtail would have tried to kill Sirius or faked his own death no matter what, because ONLY wormtail, Dumbledore, the Potter's, and Sirius knew...
Amon Rê
Dreamer of Dreams, Registered Animagus (Snow Owl) and Ambassador from the Isle of Dreams

Postby Athena Appleton » Wednesday 10 March 2004 9:18:15pm

Amon Rê wrote:But see, it wasn't public knowledge that Sirius WASN'T the secret keeper...it was assumed by everyone that Sirius was the secret keeper, I mean they even say, at the last minute they changed it to Wormtail...

Yeah, I'm not arguing that... just saying that Sirius would most likely have assumed he'd have a trial, which would really have so much evidence that he didn't turn them over to Voldemort that there wouldn't be a case against him, and all charges would have been dropped probably before he would have time to say "alohamora"...
Athena Appleton

Postby pandora315 » Thursday 11 March 2004 6:28:35am

I think Sirius is also still a bit cocky from his school days. He's used to people looking at him in admiration and listening to what he says. I'm sure he wouldn't have expected to be sent straight to Azkaban so he probably wouldn't have been hiding from the Ministry. The question I have is since at hat point DD knew about the prophesy, and was close to the Potters, and was and also had influence with the ministry, why didn't he go check Sirius story himself? I mean, he says he gave evidence that Sirius was the potters secret keeper, but why wouldn't he have gone to ask Sirius why he did what he did or whatevr. I mean Sirius would have been in the order then to, and it would have been a major thing to be discovered as a spy.
pandora315
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Amon Rê » Thursday 11 March 2004 6:47:17am

I'm gonna go back to what Athena said:
Yeah, I'm not arguing that... just saying that Sirius would most likely have assumed he'd have a trial

That's been bugging me all day, I mean in the third book we learned all about Veratisium(sp)...the same stuff that Dumbledore used on Crouch Jr, and the same that Umbridge tried to use on Harry. We already know it works, assuming that it wasn't a new invention(most of them aren't) why in the WORLD would someone not of thought to use that on Sirius to one prove that he wasn't the secret keeper, two didn't kill Wormtail, and three didn't have any intentions of harming Harry...I mean maybe it's in an interview somewhere as to why some truth potion was never used on Sirius...did it really say, there was no trial?
Athena wrote:
I think he would have assumed he'd have a trial and it was a nasty shock when he didn't... if there had been a trial, he would have known he'd be free immediately because Dumbledore would know Pettigrew was the secret-keeper...

and then pandora wrote:
I mean, he [Dumbledore] says he gave evidence that Sirius was the potters secret keeper, but why wouldn't he have gone to ask Sirius why he did what he did or whatever.
[] added that...I mean I can't remember if there was/wasn't a trial...there haven't been to many details either way...I just think it's a bit odd that no truth potion/spell of any kind was used...

Sorry for the longness...any one know where I'm coming from?!? :???:
Amon Rê

Postby Aberforth » Thursday 11 March 2004 10:12:05am

Sonkem wrote:he doesn't actually, he just says he 'best get this bike away'...its implied that he might mean take it back to Sirius as he says Sirius 'lent' it to him but it doesn't actually say that he was gonna take it back immediately...

You are mistaken. It says:

'Well,' said Hagrid in a very muffled voice. 'I'll be takin' Sirius his bike back. G'night Professor McGonagall - Professor Dumbledore, sir'.

That's been bugging me all day, I mean in the third book we learned all about Veratisium(sp)...the same stuff that Dumbledore used on Crouch Jr, and the same that Umbridge tried to use on Harry. We already know it works, assuming that it wasn't a new invention(most of them aren't) why in the WORLD would someone not of thought to use that on Sirius to one prove that he wasn't the secret keeper, two didn't kill Wormtail, and three didn't have any intentions of harming Harry...I mean maybe it's in an interview somewhere as to why some truth potion was never used on Sirius...did it really say, there was no trial?

Sirius was imprisoned for killing Peter and 12 muggles, not for betraying the Potters. Since there was numerous witnesses to the "killing", there was probably seen to be little need. Crouch sr by this time had become very power-driven and had resorted to imprisoning people without trial. Sirius' case would appear at first to be an open and shut and therefore not deserving a ful trial.
Aberforth
Hogs Head Bartender

Postby pandora315 » Thursday 11 March 2004 12:09:12pm

Thats a good point, it would have been an open and shut case especially since Sirius came quietly. Or what I mean is it was an open and shut case for the Ministry. BUt what I'm wondering is why DD or someone in the order didn't try to find out why he'd done it all (including betraying the Potters). I mean, if you had a secret organization fighting together wouldn't you be upset if you were betrayed like that? Wouldn't you even wonder if maybe it wasn't true, or even if he had somehow fallen under and imperious curse. It seems odd that it was just dropped like that. I've even wondered if DD did know the truth, I mean ity says in OotP Ch The Lost Prophesy that in Harrys 3rd year "i wached from afar as you struggled to repel dementors, as you found sirius, learned what he was, and rescued him"
pandora315
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Thursday 11 March 2004 3:55:56pm

Amon Rê wrote:I mean I can't remember if there was/wasn't a trial...there haven't been to many details either way...I just think it's a bit odd that no truth potion/spell of any kind was used...

Yup, in GoF, I believe it's when the kids visit Sirius in the cave in Hogsmeade, he talks all about how Crouch was so intent on catching dark wizards, he threw Sirius in Azkaban without a trial.

I do agree with whoever said the reason there wasn't a big deal made about it was that Sirius was thrown in Azkaban for the murder of Wormtail and the 12 Muggles. Yes, someone probably might have used Veritaserum, but no one had any idea about the Potters switching. Since they died, it was "obvious" that Sirius had betrayed them, and the scene that Wormtail made was very believable. Why use veritaserum if you think you're already hearing the truth?
Athena Appleton

Postby darkcloak » Thursday 11 March 2004 5:18:04pm

So..........................where is the motorbike?
darkcloak
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Thursday 11 March 2004 6:42:32pm

arthur has it :grin:

THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKIN TO IT!!!
Athena Appleton

Postby Amon Rê » Thursday 11 March 2004 8:12:05pm

It's a paperweight on Dumbledore's Desk :double jump:
Amon Rê

PreviousNext

Return to Theories