three death eaters at hogwarts

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 9:39:56pm

That's kinda why I was asking about the possibility of squibs being Death Eaters (somewhere)...

I don't want to rule anyone out... Filch seems to be awfully friendly with Snape, and otherwise he keeps to himself... now we naturally assume that Filch and Snape are friends through the common bond of making everyone else's lives as miserable as possible, but what if Filch could be the other death eater?

Honestly, I still think Sinistra is the one to keep our eyes on...
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby paintballdecoy » Tuesday 9 March 2004 10:15:28pm

But what about Barty Jr? were was he in the speech about the death eaters missing, but wait, Barty was 19 when he was arrested, so all logic dictates that you would need to be a death eater for more then 2 years before getting into Voldemorts inner circle, so he wouldn't have had a spot in the circle....maybe Snape is working for him, or it is Sinistra, becuase JKR has mentioned him so many times he must come up in the next books

again, Great Snooping
paintballdecoy
Chief Paintball Wizard, Theory Master and Voldemort Spy

Postby Emma'I'm a real witch' » Tuesday 9 March 2004 10:22:19pm

I do agree that we should keep an eye on sinistra, we know from the past that JK likes to make vague mentions of characters to bring in at a later date (Figg etc...) but I think Filch has had a bit too much of an actual 'role' in the books to be brought in now as the other hidden DE.
If you know what I mean, unless this is what JK want's us to think...
Emma'I'm a real witch'
Seventh Year

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 10:22:57pm

Where'd you get the two-years-before-becoming-a-death-eater thing?

Regardless, I don't think Crouch Jr was part of Voldemort's inner circle, therefore I don't think he was actually a "death eater"... I think the deal with Frank and Alice Longbottom was the result of him being a rebellious teenager, probably not very loved by his father, got in with a bad crowd, and did something bad... he got caught on his first offense. We know from the past that some of the most helpful people to Voldemort may not have necessarily been Death Eaters (Quirrell, I don't think Wormtail really was, and I don't think Crouch Jr was), just willing to do bad things. And I think that's also what Sirius is referring to when he says the world's not made up of Death Eaters and good guys... there are those supporters in between who can be swayed to do evil things...

I wonder if Crouch Sr had not been quite so harsh on his son for the years he was under house arrest if Crouch Jr would have still gone to the extreme and done what he did to Moody and everything that happened in GoF...?
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby paintballdecoy » Tuesday 9 March 2004 10:43:28pm

Lets think about it, Barty was 19, and you graduate at 17 to 18, so lets say he graduated at 17, I doubt he was a Death Eater while in Hogwarts
paintballdecoy

Postby Emma'I'm a real witch' » Tuesday 9 March 2004 10:48:19pm

He could of been a death eater while he was at hogwarts. Snape was.
Emma'I'm a real witch'
Seventh Year

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 11:05:25pm

nope, Snape was not necessarily a Death Eater at Hogwarts... he was fascinated and talented in Dark Arts... there is a difference.
Athena Appleton

Postby paintballdecoy » Tuesday 9 March 2004 11:09:05pm

Seriously though, could anyone really be a death eater, right under Dumbledore nose.
paintballdecoy

Postby Emma'I'm a real witch' » Tuesday 9 March 2004 11:13:20pm

I thought Snape had been a teacher since he left school, and if he is still a teacher now then it only goes that at some point he was both.

Please tell me if I am wrong.
:-?
Emma'I'm a real witch'
Seventh Year

Postby Emma'I'm a real witch' » Tuesday 9 March 2004 11:14:08pm

I thought Snape had been a teacher since he left school, and if he is still a teacher now then it only goes that at some point he was both.

Emma'I'm a real witch'
Seventh Year

Postby Emma'I'm a real witch' » Tuesday 9 March 2004 11:14:30pm

Emma'I'm a real witch'
Seventh Year

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 11:21:17pm

:lol: sorry, I misunderstood you... I thought you meant he was a Death Eater while still a student at Hogwarts...

And yes, I do think someone could be a Death Eater right under Dumbledore's nose
Athena Appleton

Postby Emma'I'm a real witch' » Tuesday 9 March 2004 11:27:34pm

I'm sorry for the millions of posts :oops:

I'm not sure how much DD knows about what goes on at Hogwarts. If he is a good legillimens (sp) and snape is, AND LV is, then surely one of them knows whos lying....
Emma'I'm a real witch'
Seventh Year

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 11:37:58pm

the thing is, we know that Snape prepares his mind at all times to guard against anyone else having access to his thoughts... he's apparently very good at doing that.

I think Dumbledore is aware of a LOT that goes on around Hogwarts, because I think he has eyes everywhere (in the Ghosts thread, I think the ghosts work in part with him to keep him up-to-date on Hogwarts happenings), but I don't think he knows EVERYTHING (he was completely unaware, until the night of the triwizard tournament, about Moody not being who he seemed)...
Athena Appleton

Postby Emma'I'm a real witch' » Tuesday 9 March 2004 11:53:48pm

I'd forgot that about Moody.
I do think that DD has lots of ways of finding out what is going on. He always seems to know about some stuff before it happens.
Emma'I'm a real witch'
Seventh Year

PreviousNext

Return to Theories