Where is Sirius's Motorbike?

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Centaur Lord » Sunday 7 March 2004 5:12:58am

It was when he was talking to Mr. Weasely in the MoM, right before Harry's hearing. He says that he needs all the reports on flying muggle vehicles because they have recieved information that Sirius could be using his old motorbike again. Now, we know this is wrong because he hasnt left Grimmauld Place, but does it have deeper meaning, from JKR's prospective?
Centaur Lord
Seventh Year

Postby Scellanis » Sunday 7 March 2004 12:47:19pm

Or maybe that was a sneaky way to hide research into finding out where Sirius's motorbike is so they can get it back for him....
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby choki » Sunday 7 March 2004 2:12:02pm

Or was it someone else who has been using the motorbike as a decoy to shift the Ministry attention away from London?

Someone in the order but far from the crowd...Aberforth, anyone?
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby Ferrus » Sunday 7 March 2004 2:36:31pm

Interesting possibilities... Hagrid or somebody Hagrid trusts must have it because it was Hagid who was last seen with it.
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Nobby » Sunday 7 March 2004 7:57:48pm

i think that DD probably has the motorbike! he's good at keeping secrets! Cos if hagrid had it he wouldn't have been able to keep it secret for this long. he couldn't keep the PS secret. i dont think that artur has it because what would be the need to create a flying ford anglia if you've already got a flying motorbike
Nobby
Hufflepuff Prefect and The Half Blood Prince

Postby Ferrus » Sunday 7 March 2004 8:40:13pm

Unless Arthur needed a model to get the ideas from, and happened to want a larger, more complex flying machine...
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Amon Rê » Sunday 7 March 2004 11:58:25pm

What if it was just put in Sirius' vault (assuming that he has one) in Gringott's...

Remember what Hagrid said in P/SS, about there's no better place to protect somethin than Gringotts, except Hogwarts, perhaps.

I mean I think we could assume that Sirius had a vault, I mean he had the money to buy Harry the New broom in PoA...just a suggestion :-D

Then again to be totally off the wall...I think it would be great if Dumbledore shrunk it and was using it as a paperweight in his office :double jump:
Amon Rê
Dreamer of Dreams, Registered Animagus (Snow Owl) and Ambassador from the Isle of Dreams

Postby Nobby » Monday 8 March 2004 5:06:11pm

good thinking amon!!!!

mayb harry finds it when he inherits sirius money therfore his vault!

very plausible :D
Nobby

Postby Nobby » Monday 8 March 2004 5:07:41pm

good thinking amon!!!!

Nobby

Postby Nobby » Monday 8 March 2004 5:07:58pm

good thinking amon!!!!

Nobby

Postby Aberforth » Monday 8 March 2004 6:31:03pm

If it were in Sirius' vault, that would mean that Hagrid returned it to him (without tearing him limb from limb) and Sirius actually getting to Gringotts. If this happened after his escape - even less unlikely that he would venture into Gringotts.
Aberforth
Hogs Head Bartender

Postby Athena Appleton » Monday 8 March 2004 11:39:29pm

can´t remeber what it was about though... probably of no importance

haha, haven't you noticed yet that NOTHING is "of no importance"?

It was when he was talking to Mr. Weasely in the MoM, right before Harry's hearing. He says that he needs all the reports on flying muggle vehicles because they have recieved information that Sirius could be using his old motorbike again.

Kingsley is trying to get the Ministry to follow a fake lead, so if he's asking questions within earshot of other Ministry folks about Sirius's bike, and wanting to find it cuz they think Sirius might still have it, that would mean he knows Sirius is no where near the bike...

i dont think that artur has it because what would be the need to create a flying ford anglia if you've already got a flying motorbike

How many families of nine do you know can fit on even an enchanted flying moterbike?

I suppose it depends on whether Hagrid found Sirius before Sirius found wormtail.

Hagrid found Sirius to get the bike before Sirius found Wormtail, and, unless I'm very much mistaken, Sirius knows at that point he's not going to be needing the bike for a long time. Hagrid says in the Three Broomsticks that he should have realized something was wrong then, because Sirius loved that bike. This makes me think that Hagrid didn't get back to Sirius before the deal with Peter Pettigrew and the 12 Muggles, so Hagrid had the bike last.

I think there's an excellent chance that it is hidden at Hogwarts, but also a good chance Arthur Weasley has something to do with it.

What if it was just put in Sirius' vault (assuming that he has one) in Gringott's...

Could be, but would they have bothered making sure it was still somehow in a convicted murderer's possesion (even at the bank)? Nobody expected him to ever get out of Azkaban in his life, so they wouldn't have kept it around for him.

Just wondering: yes, it's likely Harry will be Sirius's sole heir, but do we know that for sure?
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby paintballdecoy » Monday 8 March 2004 11:54:59pm

Just wondering: yes, it's likely Harry will be Sirius's sole heir, but do we know that for sure?

We don't but its not likely that Sirius has any other benefactors, other the Harry, surly we would have heard of them. He does have family, but none as close as Harry. If anyone will get it, it will be Harry, or Dumbledore...[/quote]
paintballdecoy
Chief Paintball Wizard, Theory Master and Voldemort Spy

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 9 March 2004 12:12:21am

yeah... I just wondered... I personally think it would go to the Order of the Phoenix (with Dumbledore in charge), with only a part of it going to Harry...
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby paintballdecoy » Tuesday 9 March 2004 3:23:59am

Athena Appleton wrote:yeah... I just wondered... I personally think it would go to the Order of the Phoenix (with Dumbledore in charge), with only a part of it going to Harry...

Or it going to Harry when he is out of Hogwarts, as a place to live, but it would still serve as the HQ of the order of the Phoenix
paintballdecoy
Chief Paintball Wizard, Theory Master and Voldemort Spy

PreviousNext

Return to Theories