Lord of the Rings discussion

Meet everyone here in The Great Hall for general discussions. Here you'll find a friendly place to talk about all things under the magnificent magical ceiling...even stuff not connected with Harry Potter!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, DucksRMagical, Broccoli, Run Away!!!, Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Scellanis » Tuesday 17 February 2004 4:41:00pm

Ginny Malfoy wrote:
You really know your stuff about LOTR, Sonkem. :grin:

lol, not really, i learn this through hanging around on LotR forums mostly, if you want to meet people who really know their stuff you should try looking on LotR forums, my sister knows the silmarillion and LotR almost off by heart plus she can still write poetry in the elvish languages Tolkien created.....I could never hope to be anywhere near as good as that though I am good at trivia from The Hobbit....most people tend to forget that book....
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby Jotomicron » Tuesday 17 February 2004 6:20:16pm

Sonkem wrote:Glorfindel is beleived to have died once already....fighting with a balrog and been sent back because there is a glorfindel in the silmarillion that does die but nobody is sure if thats a mistake by Tolkien or whether it really was the same elf i think...lol

I read somewhere that it was assumed to be Tolkien's mistake, cause he said there weren't two elves with the same name, but then he uses the same name to "both these" Glorfindel
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby Scellanis » Tuesday 17 February 2004 9:15:34pm

yeah but it could be that Glorfindel was given a second chance...came back early...like Gandalf was...elves never leave Middleearth, even when they die their spirits or whatever it is go and wait in the undying lands until the end of the world when they will be returned to their bodies and the other elves....or something like that....
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Previous

Return to The Great Hall