Which is your favorite book in the series?

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Postby Female_alien » Monday 1 December 2003 10:50:45pm

Ootp definitly! I think every new book is better than the last one. :grin: [/u]
Female_alien
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Postby Mistress Siana » Wednesday 3 December 2003 12:10:11am

EVERY BOOK!!!

I think each one has it's moments:

SS/PS: Very funny! The introduction of the characters, Hagrid in best form, the description of Hogwarts, the chess game and the twin in the plot when the true villian was revealed, and the touching scene in front of the Mirror of Erised
CoS: Much suspense! Dobby!! The presentation of the most evil wizard that's ever lived as a 16-year-old boy, the voices coming out of the wall...
PoA: Wonderful plot!! Who would have imagined Scabbers turning out to be a supporter of Voldemort? :o The marauder's map and the way it "spoke" to Snape! Hillarious! Sirius and Lupin and everything to do with them! Some of the best magical creatures in the series, like Dementors and boggarts...and so on...
GoF: Most scary opening scene EVER!! Absolutely great. Moody turning Malfoy into a ferret. Moody!! The rise of Voldemort, Snape's past, pensieves, what happened to Neville's parents and other scary revelations...actually, the first book the end of which was more the beginning than the end of something. My absolute favourite!!
OotP: Sirius!! :cry: The devellopment of the characters, the screaming portrait of Mrs Black, DD'S hillarious disappearance after taking the responsibility for DD's Army, McGonnagal's remarks at Umbridge...hehe...
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Mistress Siana » Wednesday 3 December 2003 12:12:03am

the twin in the plot

oops...of course I meant the TWIST in the plot!! But the twins were great as well :grin: .
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Mint » Thursday 4 December 2003 5:12:55pm

Yes - very well said! Did u guys reread the books before making decision about which one is the best? Many people seem to change their mind when they read them again....may be because in Book 3 for example - there is no more shockers....u already know what will happened.
Mint
Slytherin Prefect, Hogwarts Librarian and Milady of the Night

Location: Chasing evil duck commander Choki >:( on a chocobo!!!

Postby Marcus Baker » Tuesday 20 January 2004 2:03:39pm

I think that my list would go like this:

1. PoA
2. GoF
3. OotP
4. SS
5. CoS

In GoF and PoA, it is so cool how everything is to do with each other. There are clues everywhere which make no importance in the beggining of the book, but at the end, they all link up. For the GoF, i wasent a fan of the ending, but PoA, it was everywere, and I just loved the book! The Map, and the Womping Willow. The OotP, i was quite annoyed at Harry's bad side with his temper, and i was annoyed with the MoM, cuz they didnt believe harry. Also, the end made no sence after I read it once. The SS was a great book since it introduced everything, but after reading the other books in the series, i dont usually re-read it. CoS was a good book, but it didnt intrest me a lot. I like all the books thoguth, i like to see Harry and his friends grow up (becomming teenagers) and facing daring adventures.
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby Female_alien » Tuesday 20 January 2004 8:59:38pm

i like to see Harry and his friends grow up (becomming teenagers) and
i was quite annoyed at Harry's bad side with his temper,

Well, I wasn't happy when Harry reacted like that - but usn't that a part of growing up - and you said you love watching that?
Female_alien

Postby Marcus Baker » Tuesday 20 January 2004 9:48:26pm

Well, as I see it, i think its ok to get mad, but still, the way he acted in the 5th book, I just think that was too much. I know its a twist, and Im sure most ppl would act like that if no one believed the truth, I just didnt like it. And I dont count that in growing up though.
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby Herminny » Wednesday 21 January 2004 3:05:54am

I Love number 5 it's just awesome. :D
Herminny
Fourth Year

Postby harrylover » Saturday 14 February 2004 12:04:24pm

I love prisoner of azkaban!! I like sirius so much because harry needs somebody like him.
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby Violet » Saturday 14 February 2004 12:32:43pm

i chop and change between PoA and GoF for my favourite, followed by OoTP then PS and finally CoS which i really dont like at all! I dont know what it is about the book but when i compare it to the other 4 it's just not in the same league
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby harrylover » Monday 16 February 2004 9:32:05am

it´s just the same with me.
i don´t like CoS at all but i don´t know why. i think i don´t like harry being accused of something he hasn´t done.
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby L'Oeil de Râ » Monday 16 February 2004 6:43:03pm

I like all books but my favorite is Harry Potter et la coupe de feu (sorry I don't know the english title :rolleyes: ). This book is great thanks to the other schools: Beaubâton and Dumstrang. I like the event between the different schools. Moreover we know new students and the confrontation between Harry and Voldemort is very stressful :grin:
L'Oeil de Râ
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Female_alien » Monday 16 February 2004 9:08:27pm

It's called the Goblet of fire. It's my second favourite (at the moment)
Female_alien

Postby L'Oeil de Râ » Tuesday 17 February 2004 10:00:20am

I like harry Potter et l'Ordre du Phénix too. In this book Drago Malefoy is fabulous :rolleyes: :grin:
Moreover there is a lot of suspence and Lupin is come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin:
The members of l'Ordre du Phénix are so great :D
L'Oeil de Râ
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby kilamija » Tuesday 17 February 2004 1:48:51pm

My favourite is the Prisonner of Azkaban, with Lupin the werewolf, and Sirius who is finally not a murder..

The Order of the Phoenix is great but Harry become a so stupid teenager... :eek:
kilamija
Squib

PreviousNext

Return to The Books