He didn't die, Harry saved him!

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Violet » Sunday 1 February 2004 7:33:59pm

even if it is as you suggest to teach harry a leeson, then i think that it's a really harsh way of going about it. he shouldnt have had to lose someone so close to him simply in order to 'be less stubborn and proud'.
but well i do agree with athena that sirius has died in a way that he felt fitting and proper. he hated grimmauld place, and he hated doing nothing even more.
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby Meg Boyd » Sunday 1 February 2004 7:50:22pm

I don't think we all mean that Sirius thought one day that he ought to die to teach harry a lesson...

I only meant is that sometimes people need a harsher-than-harsh reality check to bring them back to earth, and Sirius's death was probably the thing Harry needed to get him back on track and away from his stupid teenage angst bit. That is all
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Athena Appleton » Sunday 1 February 2004 8:16:33pm

I agree with Meg... Like Phineas (Sirius's great-great-grandfather) keeps mentioning, Harry is acting like a horse's patooty... from Rowling's standpoint (not Sirius's, necessarily), Harry had to have that jolt of reality to pull himself out of the oh-pitiful-me bit...
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby menotyoo » Sunday 1 February 2004 10:33:40pm

like, although his parents died fighting against LV, he needed a "refresher course" to remind him how real this situation is. Even as he imagined LV torturing Sirius, I don't think he was able to grasp how much Sirius' death would change him.
menotyoo
Sixth Year

Location: Durvish and Banges, Knockturn Alley, London, England, Europe, Earth

Postby Violet » Tuesday 10 February 2004 9:32:41pm

Meg Boyd wrote:I don't think we all mean that Sirius thought one day that he ought to die to teach harry a lesson...

I only meant is that sometimes people need a harsher-than-harsh reality check to bring them back to earth, and Sirius's death was probably the thing Harry needed to get him back on track and away from his stupid teenage angst bit. That is all

But i dont think that there is any reason why this would make harry feel any less sorry for himself. i would have thought that the responsibility that he now faces throught the prophecy is what would stop him acting the way that he has been; not sirius dying. if i were him i dont think that it would make me feel any better having to basically re-live the loss of close family members again.
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby Athena Appleton » Tuesday 10 February 2004 9:59:19pm

maybe the lesson he needed to learn was to stop "playing the hero". in a big way, that's what put sirius in danger...
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby menotyoo » Wednesday 11 February 2004 12:51:16am

The irony in that statement, Athena, is that after hearing the prophecy, Harry knows that he must play the hero.
menotyoo
Sixth Year

Location: Durvish and Banges, Knockturn Alley, London, England, Europe, Earth

Postby Meg Boyd » Wednesday 11 February 2004 1:11:48am

i think he must learn to stop being the "hero" in the fact that he must focus on saving all and not just saving people for selfish manners. Does he really want to save Sirius because of Sirius's life or because of his desire to be with Sirius always and never lose him?

Eh, either way it is just my opinion and not a fact, right?
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Athena Appleton » Wednesday 11 February 2004 1:30:57am

"Playing the hero" and "being a hero" are two different things. I think when he went to the Ministry of Magic, he was being pretty foolish and was "playing the hero." Instead of believing that more informed wizards than himself had things under control, he assumed that they didn't and that he, the one person who "knew" the whole story, had to take control. I think it's very typical teenage thinking. Phinneas (sp?) is an unlikeable character, and therefore we don't want to listen to anything he has to say, but he makes a good point, that Dumbledore probably knows things he chooses not to share with Harry. I loved it when, I think it was Hermione said "but harry, you haven't been here" when he was talking like he'd actually been to the MoM. When he's taking Occlumency lessons, he knew Dumbledore felt like it was the most important thing he could be doing, but he "knew" otherwise. Foolish thinking. "Playing the hero." He learned that, even though it will be up to him to destroy Voldemort, if he doesn't make his decisions based on facts, if he doesn't accept counsel from people who know more than he does, or from people he doesn't like, he could be putting other people in danger.
Athena Appleton

Postby Jotomicron » Wednesday 11 February 2004 7:46:22pm

Wow... great and confusing speech...
Buit that's basically how I understand it, too!
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby jarvan49 » Wednesday 11 February 2004 8:44:43pm

Well done Athena. I understand where you're coming from with this.
jarvan49
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Wednesday 11 February 2004 10:34:59pm

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

*takes a bow*
Athena Appleton

Postby master_o_magic » Thursday 12 February 2004 9:01:24am

harry i dont think will be able to bring sirius back by time turning...although its very possible[i][b][quote] think about it...sirius wasn't happy wen he died...he lived in grimmauld place...the one place he hated the most because it was his mothers house...he was also probably upset because harry was unable to stay with him in GF.

Moaning Myrtle was upset when she died, she became a ghost. From sources (hp lexicon) we are to learn alot more about ghost and how and why they are formed.

Sirius may help during the next 2 books if he comes bakc again as a ghost, ghost cant die again they are already dead[/quote][/b][/i] :( :-? :???:
master_o_magic
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Athena Appleton » Thursday 12 February 2004 4:39:55pm

Hey, master_o_magic! Welcome! :welcome:
Okay, I really don't think Sirius will come back. He was upset leading up to his death, but he was happy when he was in the action and fighting. He died a hero's death, and even though we all sympathize with Harry, Sirius is dead. He ain't comin back.
Also, in an interview with J.K. Rowling right before Book 5 came out, she stated that she broke down crying when Sirius died. Don't think she would have done that if she were just going to bring him back, never to leave Harry's side again.
Athena Appleton

Postby jarvan49 » Thursday 12 February 2004 7:55:35pm

I really dont think that sirius is coming back. I also think lupin will die and the trio (James, sirius and remus) will be reunited
jarvan49
Fully Qualified Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to Theories