the movies made harry potter pathetic and commercial

Have you seen the movies, either in the cinema theatre, or on video or DVD, or thinking of seeing them? Share your views here.

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Snow_Crystal

Postby Selenia » Thursday 4 December 2003 8:33:23am

Well, you're not the only one, I suppose...You should look at my face when they told me that David Thewlis was supposed to play Lupin's character. :razz:
Also, I didn't find Gary Oldman as suitable for Sirius as I thought he should be. I couldn't have in mind the guy playing in the "5th element" for Sirius...! But then I realized that this actor is charismatic. He can play a variety of roles and he can change his appearance every time he changes a role.
That happened in PoA, too. What was I expecting? Find a Sirius looking stupidly in the screen having his head half shaved? :-? :grin:
But than didn't happen with David Thewlis. I still can't cope with the fact that he is gonna be Remus Lupin! :evil:
Anyway, my point is that the people who just watch the movies (and don't read the books) don't have a right and copleted opinion about the characters.
I, personally, haven't harmed my imagination yet after watching the hp movies. But still I'm comgratulating myself for watching them after reading the books. That could ruin everything that I have in mind now.

Soooory for the long post! :razz: :grin:
Selenia
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Mint » Thursday 4 December 2003 5:16:39pm

Which character from 5th element? Bruce Willis? :grin:
Mint
Slytherin Prefect, Hogwarts Librarian and Milady of the Night

Location: Chasing evil duck commander Choki >:( on a chocobo!!!

Postby Selenia » Friday 5 December 2003 12:58:11pm

you wish!
what are you talking about? I was talking about Zorg!!! :grin: :o
Selenia
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Paul » Saturday 20 December 2003 8:09:33pm

For all UK people here, the 5th Element is on Channel 4 TV tonight at 9.00 PM. :)

I think Lady Silverstar is right about Gary Oldman being brilliant in a number of different roles. The most recent thing I saw him in was a couple of weeks ago in a two-part TV movie about the story of Jesus. Gary Oldman was the best Pontius Pilate I've ever seen - played excellently as a real politically-minded character, very conscious of public opinion and putting a real political "spin" on the washing of hands scene after the crowd chose Barabbus over Jesus.
Paul
Minister of Magic and Headmaster of Hogwarts

Location: Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, England

radclif the worst cotor i ever seen(for the 2 frist movie on

Postby dalamis » Friday 30 January 2004 12:00:00am

he seem to be better in the 3 one!

daniel..is just well..i don't know how to say this in english but ....is NOT good as weel as emma and rupert...9rupert is the of the 3...personaly...
the movie like she said(1 page) it's commercial..and it's destructiong our imagination of every litttle things...and i wish the 3 one will good...i saw it...i hing it will be better....

:mad: :evil: :cry: :x :???: :(

"abat radclif!1" in french!
dalamis
Squib

Previous

Return to The Movies