Sirius Black

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Postby littlemissy » Tuesday 15 July 2003 10:40:49pm

Fafnul Black wrote:I mean, true, now James and Sirius are both beyond the Veil, but they are dead, not really looking at girls, playing with the snitch and cool stuff like that for them any more.

I know :cry: It is desperately sad, but I have to have some comfort, and that is that at least they might be together!!
littlemissy
Second Year

awwwwwwwwwwww :(

Postby littlemissy » Saturday 19 July 2003 8:26:23pm

I re-read Prisoner of Azkaban last night and I'm so sad! The end was so happy (well, not really as Sirius wasn't free) with Harry knowing he had a godfather who loved him, and that permission slip for hogsmeade, and ron's new owl! And Sirius is deeeaaad :(
Even as I was reading it, i was hoping the book would change before my very eyes and I'd turn the page to find that Pettigrew hadn't escaped after all, and Sirius's name had been cleared. Everything would be sooo different. PoA is by far my favourite book and now it makes me feel so sad to read it, knowing that Sirius will die with everyone believing him to be evil and a traitor and a mass murderer. It's so awful! His best friend was killed by someone he thought was his friend, then he had to spend 12 years in Azkaban, and lived the rest of his life hidden away from the world, before dying without having his name cleared. It's so terrible because he was sooo great and almost his whole life outside Hogwarts was in captivity! :( :( :( :crying: :crying: :crying:
I just hope that before the end of the series, Pettigrew will be exposed as the traitor who killed Lily & James, and murdered those innocent muggles, and people will finally realise that Sirius Black would never have betrayed his best friend in the whole world.

(also, why can't I see my signature? I have one, and the box saying 'display signature' is ticked, so where is it?!!)
littlemissy
Second Year

Re: awwwwwwwwwwww :(

Postby Gwared » Saturday 19 July 2003 10:57:35pm

littlemissy wrote:(also, why can't I see my signature? I have one, and the box saying 'display signature' is ticked, so where is it?!!)

They're inactive for the time being.
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby littlemissy » Sunday 20 July 2003 4:38:42pm

Ah, thanks Gwared :)
littlemissy
Second Year

Postby gecko » Wednesday 30 July 2003 3:04:30pm

Great posts everyone! You could compare the choice Sirius made with someone who is terminally ill. They can choose to have all kind of infringing treatments which may make them sick and live a few months longer, or they can go out and enjoy their final time. In a way, Sirius was ill, and the order tried to make live longer. However their help made him sadder and sadder, so that in the end he chose to enjoy his final time. Of course he didn't know that he was going to die, but he decided to take the risk and live his life as he should. (I hope nobody is offended by this comparison.)

About a painting of Sirius, I really do hope there is one. As I hope there is one of Harry's parents. But if there is/are, wouldn't Dumbledore have mentioned it to Harry? I mean, he told Harry the truth and 'everything', so why would he keep such a thing to himself, if there are paintings?

I hope JKR gives us more details about the workings of paintings in book 6!
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby Charis » Wednesday 30 July 2003 7:51:23pm

DD might not even know a painting of Sirius exists even if it does, so maybe that why he didn't mention it to Harry.

even if there was a painting of sirius, it wouldn't really be like having him back, would it? I mean, its like they say now, a picture can preserve memories. but it can't bring the person back. i know pictures in the wizarding world are a little more life-like than the are in our world ( :razz: ) but, still... I dunno, i hope we find out more about paintings in the wizard world in future books! now I'm a tad confused about them now :)
Charis
Lady of the Lake

Postby Colin » Thursday 7 August 2003 5:31:31pm

And maybe Siruis is simply dead.

I think JKR has done this to teach Harry a very important life lesson. Life is temporary. Loss is constant. Learn to deal with the grief.
Colin
The Grey Ghost

Postby gecko » Thursday 7 August 2003 8:00:44pm

Just came across this (on this site http://www.m5p.com/~pravn/hp/b.html#black):

Black, Sirius ......
Etym: Just means black. As a side note, though, some instances of this surname come from Old English blac, the equivalent of French blanc... meaning "white"!

The white-thing was kinda interesting I thought! People who didn't know Sirius well, thought he was a dark (black) wizard, but the people who did know him, knew he was good (white)! A coincedence?
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby Vivian Borgin » Friday 8 August 2003 4:59:37am

I think you may be on to something! JK is always pulling double meanings like that.

How pathetic is it that seeing this thread actually made me feel sad for Sirius all over again?!? :-(
Vivian Borgin
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Devinci » Friday 8 August 2003 7:06:50am

My little brother is still set on the idea that Sirius simply fell through a curtain and went to some really fun party. He'll show up in a little while, a little hung over and full of Fritos.

:o
Devinci
Hugger of Trees and Saver of Whales

Postby Mumbleberry » Thursday 14 August 2003 2:25:02pm

Portraits, although they can talk, are just advanced versions of the moving photographs that Harry has of everyone. They aren't a real form of the person, & they can't respond or be sympathetic in a real way, because they aren't alive. Look at the way H's parents, in photographs, keep smiling and waving to him even when he's upset. You could never have a really satisfying conversation with a portrait.
Mumbleberry
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby June » Thursday 14 August 2003 3:15:16pm

Not true, I think. After all, Dumbledore has lots of conversations with the portraits of previous Headmasters/ Headmistresses of Hogwarts... though of course they might be the exception, since they probably have some kind of spell cast on them to make them imitate their personalities when they were alive. After all, the portraits were there for a reason... to give aid to the current Headmaster/ Headmistress. They probably were specially spelled for that purpose.

On the other hand though, what about the other portraits in Hogwarts? The "people" in them often go visit other "people" in other portraits, and one can presumably carry on decent conversations with them too...
June
Lady in White

Sirius. Book V

Postby lady_eressea » Wednesday 21 January 2004 11:08:38pm

Well guys, I don't know how you feel, but I haven't been able to recover after Sirius' shocking and unceremonious death . I think this twist in the plot was ruthless and pointless. Besides, there's no way Harry could deal with such bereveament after all that he's been through; it takes credibility away from him. The fact that his death was clearly avoidable makes matters even worse. I also can't get rid of the feeling that he still had an important role to play, both within the Magic World and in Harry's life. He can't just have disappeared when he began building a stronger bond with Harry and revealing answers to the boy's questions. I also wanna feel he's not really "finished", u know, but I just think that's useless hope. I don't think JK will be bringing him back, though some mysteries lie around the way that he passed away. What did you most love about Sirius? I believe that what I most admired was his strenght.
lady_eressea
Muggle

Postby ReDDragoN » Sunday 14 March 2004 4:53:09pm

Do u remember hearsay about someones death in 5 book? I do. And do u remember the moment when u firstly thought that it can be Sirius?

As for me I was absolutely sure in this after the first half of 5 book. Sirius was in the cage, he was useless, moreover he was dangerous for Harry bcause of his advices. I didn't see a way he could live further.

But I think we'll hear something about him in the next books. And about the mirror. And about those voices.
ReDDragoN
Squib

Postby Centaur Lord » Sunday 14 March 2004 11:40:25pm

Well, i agree about hearing more about Sirius, but i dont think we'll be seeing the mirror again. I was just rereading Order of the Phoenix for about the fifth time, and i saw something new in the part with the mirror. After Harry tries to use it to talk to Sirius and it doesnt work, he becomes frustrated and throws it aside, where it shatters. I dont know if the reparo spell would work on this, because it is a magical object that has been broken, not just a cup or something. I cant remember what Harry does with the mirror after it breaks, though. Anyone else remember?
Centaur Lord
Seventh Year

PreviousNext

Return to Characters