The chamber

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

The chamber

Postby Auchie » Tuesday 13 January 2004 2:56:28am

I think the chamber of secrets might come back some time in the series. I mean for one thing it's still there, and Harry can still open it. What if it's going to be used for DA meetings or something like that? Or maybe even a hideout against Voldemort?
Auchie
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby choki » Tuesday 13 January 2004 7:31:51am

Voldemort would know of such a place in Hogwarts so it can't really become a hideout against Voldemort.

They might have a little problem getting out of the chamber since it is deep underground.

Instead of it becoming useful to the good side, it can prove to be fatal if Voldemort uses the chamber of secrets to invade Hogwarts.

I suppose Hogwarts will be the final battleground!
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby Gower » Tuesday 13 January 2004 5:52:41pm

I agree with Choki, the chamber seems like a good place for the dark side to use against hogwarts. It depends whether there is another way into the chamber from outside hogwarts apart from the bathroom.
Gower
Gryffindor Prefect, Head of Gryffindor Security Force and Member of Hogwarts Chess Team

Postby Devinci » Wednesday 14 January 2004 3:14:12am

Yeah, it is kind of wierd that they have this...random huge chamber hanging out below their school...you think they would have, filled it in...or turned it into a coffee shop or something... 8)
Devinci
Hugger of Trees and Saver of Whales

Postby Auchie » Wednesday 14 January 2004 3:20:00am

lols! I don't think Voldemort would use it. Harry beat him in there, so it doesn't seem likely that he'd use it again.
Auchie
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby choki » Wednesday 14 January 2004 9:50:19am

Harry defeated Tom Riddle, not the powerful Voldemort. I supposed Voldemort himself wouldn't even know that since that Tom was just a memory preserved in a diary.

It was through Ginny that Tom realised Harry was the one who defeated him when he was a baby. (If I'm right...hmmm am I?)

There might be another way in...through the lake. The sewer system is linked to the lake according to Moaning Myrtle (Ewww...the lake isn't that clean as we thought it would be)
And the sewer is linked to the Chamber of Secrets

Ta-da, there you go...a secret passage
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby Marcus Baker » Wednesday 14 January 2004 7:26:42pm

Cool, didnt think of it in that way!!!
Well, I still cant believe Harry didnt tell anyone where the Chamber of Secrets was, or Im suprised that no one asked him (especially Malfoy...)! Well, Im sure they wont hold DA meetings down there...i wouldnt want to go donw thenere and see a dead Baskalisk. Anyways, maybe they wont have a DA club anymore since they are getting a new DADA teacher, but who knows. Im pretty sure that the whole Chamber wont be used by Harry anymore, but maybe Voldie!!! I mean, Dumbledore dosent know where it is (or i dont think he does) and its a perfect way to get Harry.
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby Centaur Lord » Sunday 18 January 2004 3:56:48am

I dont know how it would be used, but i definately think it would be cool if the Chamber was somehow brought into the story again. I think that JKR should bring back the Chamber of Secrets, the labrynth below Fluffy's Trap Door (whatever happened to fluffy anyway...is he gone?), and the shrieking shack.
Centaur Lord
Seventh Year

Postby Meg Boyd » Monday 19 January 2004 3:29:50am

I agree, all of those pivotal locations have to be connected in to a storyline some how, I mean look how JKR connects everything else in the books...rather crazy once you think about it.

As for the chamber, i think it just might be the final battle ground again. I mean it has the setting, and the evil surrounding it is just parfait. Going off Devinci, perhaps it will be like in the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast where suddenly the castle is transformed from gothic to fantasy angelic...maybe when Voldie is conquered the chamber will turn into a magical wonderful cafe!!!
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Return to Theories