Which girl would you like to see Harry be with?

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Who would you like to see Harry be with?

Hermione Granger, best friend
14%
Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister
44%
Cho Chang, his crush
9%
Luna Lovegood, an unusual Ravenclaw
14%
Parvati Patil, his date for the "Yule Ball"
2%
Someone Not Yet Introduced
12%
No One!
5%

Total votes : 207

Postby pinky p » Wednesday 12 November 2003 5:02:48am

yeah, i like ginny too, but myrtle from canada is definately the girl for him!
pinky p
Supreme Pie-Eater, Registered Animagus (Platypus) and Princess of All Pink Grapefruit

Location: either swimming, sleeping, eating, or doing schoolwork... my life these days

Postby pinky p » Thursday 13 November 2003 5:47:01am

ah well... i've decided to write a song about it.

some think harry should love ginny
i think shes a bit too skinny
i don't know who i want for him
just not someone who's very dim

oh

there are many girls to choose from
not even all of them are dumb
theres sara and mary and patty
just make sure none are bratty

so

pick a girl
choose a girl
pick one if you can
i know it may be difficult but harry
suck it up and be a man

dun da da dun dun
lala

the end
pinky p
Supreme Pie-Eater, Registered Animagus (Platypus) and Princess of All Pink Grapefruit

Location: either swimming, sleeping, eating, or doing schoolwork... my life these days

Postby Female_alien » Thursday 13 November 2003 9:18:20pm

I voted for someone not yet introduced. I don't think Luna has any chance with Harry because he doesn't see a women in her. Ginny... Even if Harry gets interested, Ginny isn't so stupid to come to him again! She was in love with him for three years, I'm glad she's not anymore. Cho... I don't hate her, I don't love her. I think Cedric will always be on their way. Hermione? No chance!!! Her's and Harry's relationship is based on pure friendship and honesty-no love! Hermione is for Ron.

So, I belive Harry will have a crush on Cho in 6th book too, but that relationship has no future, so someone new will come, and Harry won't even realise that he's in love.
Or that, or no love at all. I mean, he'll be to busy fighting The Dark Lord
Female_alien
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Postby Nightfall » Saturday 15 November 2003 3:49:54am

Hermione and Ron are set in stone, but Krum could show up to make things interesting. As for Harry, he has gotten over Cho (thank God) and Ginny has gotten over Harry. Luna is just too weird, so it's someone new or no one at all. :o
Nightfall
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Little Vince » Tuesday 18 November 2003 10:38:50pm

I'd really like Harry to be with someone new, someone we haven't met yet. I definitely dont want it to be Cho Chang, she's such a boot! 8)
Little Vince
Squib

Postby pinky p » Tuesday 18 November 2003 11:14:57pm

oh gee, thanks :oops:

there are many girls to choose from
not even all of them are dumb

:lol:
seriously, though, myrtle from canada is the lady for harry!
pinky p

Harry's love interest....

Postby Augusta Longbottom » Sunday 7 December 2003 8:32:21pm

I'd like to see him with Ginny, but not till the end. I think he should date other people first before he eventually realizes Ginny is his soul mate.

Ginny is from a family Harry loves and admires...he'd be a perfect fit as in in-law if he ever married Ginny. Ginny can be fickle, but overall she seems smart enough, and loyal enough to have the types of qualities in her to have a good, smart relationship with harry.

I don't for one second see HP with Hermione. I think she and Ron will get together before harry ever gets together with Ginny.

I think the Cho thing is done and over with. Cho is sort of a drama queen -- she requires too much doting, more than harry is willing to give I think. Plus you really have to walk on eggshells with Cho and I don't see Harry dealing with that.

I think Luna may become better friends with HP, but never a love interest.

So Ginny is my answer.
Augusta Longbottom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: in Hufflepuff Common Room counting the days till the release of Deathly Hallows

Postby Hermione » Monday 8 December 2003 5:47:13pm

Well, according to the forum, I've voted in the poll before, but for the life of me, I can't remember who I voted for! At any rate, I really don't want to see Harry hook up with anybody. I feel that at this point, his life is already difficult enough, and he doesn't need a girlfriend to complicate matters even more.

Moderator's Note:
That said, guys, please try to stay on-topic. I've just deleted about two pages worth of posts that were just one liners stating 'I agree' or else they were completely off topic and belonged more in a chat room! So, please please please when you post here make sure your post contributes to the topic of this thread, unless you want to face my wrath! I really don't want to have to lose my temper at all you guys, so thanks in advance for your cooperation! ;)
Hermione
Hogwarts Librarian and Resident Muse

Postby Selenia » Tuesday 9 December 2003 8:49:52am

I would say that Harry hasn't found his soul mate, yet..! ( :razz: )

But there is a possibility that he is spending more time with Luna in 6th year and maybe something will happen between them.
And of course there is Ginny, too, and maybe finally something happens between her and Harry. But after reading the OotP I changed my mind...
Cho Chang: only if she changes her attitude...
Selenia
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Hermione » Tuesday 9 December 2003 5:24:44pm

Have you read the 5th book yet? If not, then I wouldn't suggest reading this post, as it contains spoilers :)

I doubt Rowling would have Harry and Cho get back together after the fiasco in the 5th book . . . it just wouldn't make sense. If she really did want them to be together, why not have them last through the end of the fifth book? I dunno . . . personally, I think that Rowling probably won't have Harry get together with anyone until well after the trouble with Voldemort is solved. If you knew that either you or the Dark Lord must die, would you really want to get romantically attached with anyone? Just a thought :razz:
Hermione

Postby Hermione Weasley » Wednesday 10 December 2003 3:15:02am

I dunno I think that a romantic relationship could help the situation because he would have someone to make him feel better when he is having a bad day or when his scar is hurting he could go to whoever he has a relationship with to talk about it because it seems to me that recently just wants someone to talk to that wont judge him when he tells them what he is feeling/thinking
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby the-rabid-chocobo » Wednesday 10 December 2003 10:44:54am

Cho Chang...
She's azn...that should say enough :)
Actually, it doesn't really matter to me who Harry ends up with. In the end I think he'll more than likely end up w/ Hermioninny (or w/e) lol. If not her then Ginny.
the-rabid-chocobo
Black Chocobo Wizard Supreme and Ravenclaw Keeper

Postby Hermione » Wednesday 10 December 2003 9:24:08pm

What does w/e stand for?

HW, you have a point there, but couldn't he just talk to Ron or Hermione if he wanted to feel better? After reading what happened with Cho I'm wondering how much success Harry will have with future relationships. Also, if someone really is important that way to Harry, then Lord Voldemort might have more power over Harry (Ie: if he kidnaps the girl, then he might be able to convince Harry to do things he might not otherwise do). Then again, Dumbledore said before (I think it was in the first book) that Voldemort doesn't understand the concept of love . . . so . . . I guess we'll just wait and see ;)
Hermione

Bet the caracter harry needs is still to come

Postby Ferrus » Sunday 18 January 2004 2:27:14pm

I cant really see harry going out with any known haracter right now...
Cho? not if she doesnt change her attitude
Luna? she is simply too wierd
Hermione? Krum and Ron are in the way for THAT to happen...
Ginny? Seems to have passed her crush on harry
I think that JKR will put in another character, or maybe she will leave Harry without a true love for a while (witch would help harry concentrate on Voldemort for a while)
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Marcus Baker » Sunday 18 January 2004 8:45:59pm

Well if you think about it, JKR can be mean and pick a gril for harry and then he will get off-track with Voldie stuff. Also, she could get in serious trouble with Voldie/Death Eaters...then he would have no choice but to save her...
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

PreviousNext

Return to The Books