Practice

Discuss the sport of the wizarding world here, try out for house teams and prepare for the Quidditch World Cup!

Moderator: Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Luna_Puella » Wednesday 9 October 2002 8:50:26pm

Luna felt Adrian's ball fly past her, but she couldn't save it. She was staring down at Louis, who had dropped his broomstick to save the soccer ball she had missed. She felt her face turning red and hot.
Adrian was saying something.
"Ah..." She said, knowingly. "Well..."
Luna couldn't say anything.
"Hi!" Louis called up to her, flashing his smile at her and nearly causing her to fall off her broomstick.
"H-Hi..." Luna stuttered, teetering on the silver edge.
Adrian swooped in a somersault and laughed.
"Hiya Louis. Is Gryffindor ready to get their butt's kicked at the match on Friday?"
Louis laughed at the Ravenclaw beater.
"Oh, don't count on it Adrian. We've got some trick plays up our sleeves." His dark blue eyes glanced up at Luna and she looked away, willing herself to say something.
He took his Firebolt into his hand and mounted, swooping into the air.
"Challenge--whoever can do the best Wronski Feint gets a galleon. Agreed?"
He was laughing, and he looked wonderful to Luna. Alive and made of burnished gold in the sunlight.
She could finally smile at him. "You're on!"
Adrian just smirked at them, which meant a yes.
"Hey Nate!" Louis called to a red-haired boy doing dive-bombs and flipped in midair, upon an ancient looking Cleansweep Seven. "Help us out, will you? Shout 'Go' when we're ready."
"Oooo, competing, eh?" Nate grinned mischeviously and Luna could see his rows of braces, which he had enchanted to flash orange, red and yellow.
Adrian nodded, her eyes crinkled in excitement. "Bring it on, Louie."
Louis winced at the unfortunate nickname. "Louie?"
Adrian just laughed.
The three Quidditch players lined up and Luna felt a excited sort of pull in the pit of her stomach. She had been practicing the Wronski Feint all summer, and she felt confident and unsure at the same time. Louis was the best Quidditch player in the Gryffindor house--that's what made him captain. And Adrian...she wasn't so shabby herself.
Louis looked quickly in her direction and in surprise, she smiled at him. He grinned back and winked. It startled her, and she hid her face in her hair.
He nodded to Nate, and with a twin nod from Adrian, the red-haired sixth year whipped out his unicorn hair and chestnut wand, waved it and, as the wand let out a shot of green sparks, (Nate liked to make a show)yelled "GO!"
All of the students practicing stopped and hung in midair to watch as the three Quidditch players shot off straight towards the ground.
And it seemed as if, for a moment, everyone held their breath...
Luna_Puella
Gryffindor Keeper

Postby hermionegirl09 » Wednesday 9 October 2002 11:37:22pm

lol :lol:
hermionegirl09
Gryffindor Chaser

Postby Shadow » Thursday 10 October 2002 2:45:03am

Heather watched as Louis and Adrian competed. All action stopped, and everything except for the two competers just froze. They Did their Wronski Feints, and they were judged. Then, everyone went back to what they were doing. Heather grabbed her club and an ordinary ball, and started to hit it around. She had to practice for a meet the upcoming weekend. It had been such a stressful day that she just needed to practice and fly around a bit.
Shadow
Gryffindor Beater

Postby Luna_Puella » Thursday 10 October 2002 9:00:14pm

Problem, Shadow--you FORGOT LUNA! :O

*Gasps*

And another thing--you can't skip the Wronski Feints--NO WAY!

;)
Luna_Puella
Gryffindor Keeper

Postby Scellanis » Thursday 10 October 2002 9:20:09pm

*stares at all the people managing to stay on their broomsticks*

*looks at her broomstick*

*sighs*

i give up......im never gonna fly.....
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby Luna_Puella » Thursday 10 October 2002 9:22:11pm

Luna swooped down towards the ground, and the air whipped her golden hair back like a furious tidal wave. She couldn't think about how Louis or Adrian would factor--she had to concentrate on her own Feint.
As the green ground came up to meet her face, Luna took a deep breath. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched Louis screech down like a bullet. With his Firebolt he was deadly.
She watched the ground climb up, and all her attention fell to it as well. Her heart skipped a beat, and just as she thought she'd hit, she pulled up the broomstick with a furious grip.
Straight backed and even, after hours of summer evenings in the horse pen, (lots of field space there to practice) she was doing it. She was really doing it, and perfectly!
All of the next second came as a blur--Nate's wand let out the shriek that signified that all three of them had finished, and she tumbled off the whizzing Moonbeam and onto the green grass.
Dazed and dizzy, she lifted up her head to see Louis standing up and looking at her in worried anxiety. Adrian hadn't even bothered off her broom--she was whizzing in a circle back up into the sky, and twirled herself straight.
"Luna, are you alright?" Louis knelt beside her, and through her headache from connecting with the ground, she didn't even blush.
"I...think so...." She held onto her head and gave a little moan. Louis went to pick up her broomstick lying a few feet away with no damage other than a few flyaway bristles, and she dazedly heard clapping and whistling coming from above her.
"You go, Louis! You're the Hurricane!" Nate did a celebratory flip, and she could see his braces flash above her head, a little glimmer of orange in the blue sky.
Louis had won.
She frowned down at her hands, willing herself to stop being a baby and pushing away the urge to cry. Maybe if she'd ony beaten Louis somehow, he'd think something more of her than just a nice person...but no. How could she have ever beaten the Gryffindor captain?
Louis pulled out the rumpled bristles and handed it gently to her. He took her hand and helped her up, and, though she stumbled a little, she could stand.
"You don't look so good--blast!" He exclaimed and Luna looked at him in surprise. "I shouldn't have even suggested the bloody contest. I didn't mean for you to get hurt at all."
She looked at him, searching for something that explained the tone of his voice. His dark eyes stared at her with...something. Something in them that she'd never realy seen when he looked at her before.
"Oh, I'm alright." Luna smiled at him as best she could. "Thank you--for caring."
He smiled at her disarmingly, and shook his head "You were so close to beating me--inches away. I'm not joking--" He said to her disbelieving face. "You were close."
Adrian swooped down and grinned. "What a close one! Wow, you two were like twin tornadoes--couldn't even see you. I got left behind." She winked at Luna and swooped back off with her club to smash at the ball that Heather had pointed her way. "Won't be that way on the match tomorrow though!" They heard her crystalline laugh echo over the stadium.
Louis winked at Luna again, making her knees weak.
"Hey--" He said, as she mounted again. "I heard from McGonagall that there's a Hogsmeade trip next week--would you...uh..." he was silent for a moment. "Would you like to go with me?"
Luna couldn't do anything but nod.
Luna_Puella
Gryffindor Keeper

Postby Scellanis » Thursday 10 October 2002 9:28:40pm

*sighs*

yes i do beleive im giving up my quest to be a quidditch player...

*donates her duct tape covered broom to hogwarts and wanders off to go find a book to read*
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Postby snuffles360uk » Thursday 10 October 2002 10:19:48pm

don't give up yet sonkem!!!!! keep trying!!!!! you never know u might be able to do it next time :grin:
snuffles360uk
Fully Qualified Witch

Postby Scellanis » Thursday 10 October 2002 10:24:20pm

*sits down in the corner of the library researching 'stick urself to the broomstick' spells and how to make a broomstick with inbuilt seat belts....*
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Postby Scellanis » Thursday 10 October 2002 10:29:25pm

ok...i blame snuffles360uk if this blows me or the broomstick up or turns anyone purple.....

*gets out her wand and climbs onto the broomstick*

*shouts 'sejoursurbalaibaton' as she swishes then flicks her wand*

*rises into the air and does a flip*

wow!!!

i didnt fall off....it worked!!!

um.....snuffles....how do i get off again??

*is hanging upside down*

*swishes and flicks her wand and shouts 'descendrebalaibaton'*

uh...*splat*

mental note: next time dismount close to the ground right way up.....

do u think theyll think this is cheating??
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Postby Shadow » Saturday 12 October 2002 4:48:15am

Yay Sonkem, you've got the hang ogf it... well, almost anyway. Still room fo improvement of course.
Shadow
Gryffindor Beater

Postby Scellanis » Saturday 12 October 2002 12:52:56pm

:grin:

*runs in carrying her broom and leaps onto it*

im gonna be a.....um....chaser maybe......actually probly seeker is best till someone who can actually play joins hufflepuff......

right.....

*waves her wand around a bit too energetically and shouts 'sajoursurbalaibaton'*

There is a loud BANG!!

uh....whoops *falls over*
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Postby Luna_Puella » Sunday 13 October 2002 1:25:26am

:lol:

It's okay, Sonkem. I'm SURE you'll beable to stay on your broom by next week! ;)

And to everyone:

By the way, who IS the Gryffindor Seeker? I haven't seen anyone with that title as of yet, and I think that if someone has it who never posts, it should be given to someone who participates more, honestly.
Luna_Puella
Gryffindor Keeper

Postby hermionegirl09 » Saturday 19 October 2002 10:16:27pm

well, there were 3 seekers:Gryffindor Student, Melody Granger, and me.since there was three of us i decided to be chaser in stead. so one of those two is the seeker. I'm pretty sure it's Melody Granger tho.
hermionegirl09
Gryffindor Chaser

Postby Shadow » Sunday 20 October 2002 11:00:07pm

Yeah, check another thread. It's in there somewhere.
Shadow
Gryffindor Beater

PreviousNext

Return to Quidditch Forum