Umbridge and her future....

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Will Umbridge become a death eater?

Yes, I think she just might.
6%
No, she was just a book 5 character..
39%
No, Ministry will take her back.
44%
Do i look like I care? :p
11%

Total votes : 18

Umbridge and her future....

Postby Mint » Wednesday 29 October 2003 8:37:11pm

Umbridge! WHere did she go?!?

For some reasons I think that we will see more of her in the later books. SHe may join Voldemort . Why? Because she has nowhere to go, everyone will know the truth about her. So some deatheater may find her and offer her a job.
Mint
Slytherin Prefect, Hogwarts Librarian and Milady of the Night

Location: Chasing evil duck commander Choki >:( on a chocobo!!!

Postby Gower » Wednesday 29 October 2003 10:56:52pm

I think Umbridge was just a book 5 character. She will disappear like many of the other DATDA teachers did. And good riddance :D
Gower
Gryffindor Prefect, Head of Gryffindor Security Force and Member of Hogwarts Chess Team

Postby Mint » Thursday 30 October 2003 3:08:01pm

I was just thinking - she is by herself in the woods......Deatheaters i think also spend a lot of time in darker places....so they may meet. :o

Also, Every teacher, xcept for Lockheart were working for Voldie. So Umbridge may end up working for him (lockheart is useless).

.......of course she may have not survived in those woods :o
Mint

Postby Jotomicron » Thursday 30 October 2003 7:29:53pm

Mint wrote:I was just thinking - she is by herself in the woods......Deatheaters i think also spend a lot of time in darker places....so they may meet. :o

Also, Every teacher, xcept for Lockheart were working for Voldie. So Umbridge may end up working for him (lockheart is useless).

.......of course she may have not survived in those woods :o

She is not by hersalf in the forest: Dumbledore went there to save her and she was in the hospital wing when they arrived from the ministry...
And Lupin was not on the dark side.
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby Mint » Thursday 30 October 2003 9:02:45pm

Oh yeah....Lupin....hmmm

Ok lets see.

Quirell- he didnt last. Lockheart "came back" in book 5, Lupin became a main character, Mad Eye was "an intro" to main character.

Was Umbridge in the hospital? I totally forgot that part. I guess I was so concentrated on Harry I didn't pay attention to Umbridge when I read the book :o .
Mint

Postby Jotomicron » Thursday 30 October 2003 10:17:08pm

I voted for 'She was just a book 5 character'. However, I think she might reappear in the future. I'll explain:
Lockhart is (until now) a book 2 character... he appears in OotP, but he was just a way JKR found to tell us Bode would receive a plant. I think Umbridge might comeback as someone they know and will help our dear writter to introduce another fact in the series.
Jotomicron

Postby Mint » Thursday 30 October 2003 10:37:28pm

What make u think that there is no chance that she will become a deatheater? Does she not look for any excuse to use unforgivable spells?
Mint

Lockhart in Book 5

Postby highsorcerer » Friday 31 October 2003 11:28:01pm

Actually, the Lockhart encounter provided two important scenes; the Devil's snare plant and the encounter with Neville Longbottom. While it wasn't really important for Harry to have the encounter (he had the background already), Ron, Ginny, and Hermoine now knew the truth. I think Hermoine's stance on Kreacher was modified somewhat after learning he pined for a particularly sadistic death eater. They also didn't question why Neville suddendly shifted gears and started becoming a top D.A. student, or the confrontation with Bellatrix Lestrange during the battle of the DoM.
highsorcerer
Department of Mysteries Unspeakable and Registered Animagus (Parrot)

Postby Jotomicron » Sunday 2 November 2003 11:59:31am

Mint wrote:What make u think that there is no chance that she will become a deatheater? Does she not look for any excuse to use unforgivable spells?

Well, do you remeber Mr. Crouch? I would think that if he saw someone making something he didn't like at all, he would use one of those curses... I think Umbridge is just like Crouch... She thinks Harry is ruining her perfect little world and that's what makes her be evil to Harry... But, who knows... There are some other things that maybe predict that she will join Voldemort, or that she is ALREADY with him.
Jotomicron

Postby Meg Boyd » Sunday 2 November 2003 8:13:42pm

I frankly don't even care because I really hated the woman. I don't care if she comes back or not, because I am just not a fan of Umbridge (she made me so frustrated) and if she comes back she'll have another thing coming, and if she doesn't good riddance!!!
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Sara8830 » Sunday 2 November 2003 8:52:58pm

I voted the ministry will take her back. I don’t think we have seen the last of Umbridge. I don’t think she will go to the dark side and become a death eater, but I don’t think she will be a Harry supporter either. I think she is just a power hunger pain in the rear. Sometimes people aren’t good or bad… they are just there.
Sara8830
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Sara8830 » Sunday 2 November 2003 9:01:32pm

Just a quick question. How do I change my status from being a muggle? It's very irritating
Sara8830
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Meg Boyd » Sunday 2 November 2003 10:19:29pm

The amount of posts you post is what earns you the right to change your status. When you have 125 posts you become a "Fully Qualified Wizard" and you have the right to choose your title, such as "Maker of Witty Random Statements since 1986 AD" or "Jazz Master For the Universe". At various post milestones between being a muggle and a fully qualified wizard you advance through "Hogwarts" by gaining status titles of first through seventh years (such as "Third Year Student Of Witchcraft and Wizardry") So just hold on and keep posting, but mind you that the posts are nice and appropriate and not redunant and meaningful (not that we have to worry about that from you :D ) and I bet in a few more posts you'll be a First Year!!! You can do it!!!!
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Mint » Thursday 6 November 2003 7:20:30pm

Yes, Im sure everyone hates her....but the question is - should Harry keep in mind that she is there somewhere, and if he will meet her in the future - should he pay attention to everything she says and does. Because who knows....may be Umbridge after all the humilitation that boy made her go through, may have a plan of her own...... :eekie:
Mint

Postby Female_alien » Friday 14 November 2003 8:49:05pm

I voted for Ministry will take her back, but I think St. Mungos will take her back. She's sick, enjoyes when others feel pain (they she punished Harry was sadistic) but I don't think she's capable of being a deatheater.
Female_alien
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Next

Return to Theories