Dumbledore's flight

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Dumbledore's flight

Postby jonny5 » Monday 28 July 2003 3:14:39am

So I was re-reading the book for the 3rd or 4th time and I realized something. When Dumbledore makes his impressive exit from Hogwarts it does not mention where he goes. DD doesnt seem like the type of wizard that would just go into hiding (and he says he will not) he didnt go to 12 Grimmauld Place -- whatd he do? is it important? ideas?
jonny5
Squib

Postby Snape » Monday 28 July 2003 9:21:08am

may be that would be related to book 6
Snape
Squib

Postby yasmane » Monday 28 July 2003 10:23:19am

Well, we can be sure he didn't go for a beer with friends.
But do we really care to know.
Honestly, I'm not sure where he has gone is really important, he had things to do and, well, that's all.
Ad as for hiding, I'm ot sure he needs to, he just has to be quiet and do his stuff
yasmane
Sixth Year

Postby Meg Boyd » Friday 1 August 2003 3:10:27pm

yasmane wrote:Well, we can be sure he didn't go for a beer with friends.

How can you be sure of that? I mean for all we know, he coulda been at The White Birch tipping back a Leinie with my Dad...

he he he he...just kidding...

Perhaps DD has his own house that no one knows where it is...or since he is probably powerful enough to be an animagi he prolly turned into a bumble bee and hid that way...it would be hard to track down all the bumble bees in the world to try and find DD...
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Colin » Friday 1 August 2003 4:11:13pm

Maybe he went to Nicholas Flamel's old house? They were friends.
Colin
The Grey Ghost

Postby Meg Boyd » Friday 1 August 2003 4:46:44pm

that could be, but Flamel died, didn't he? I'm still sticking to the animagi thing, though
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby zledm007 » Saturday 2 August 2003 4:11:52am

i don't remember hearing any confirmation that flamel died, just that he was going to die now that he didn't have the stone. he very well could still be alive.
zledm007
Divination Teacher and Jazz Master for the Universe

Postby gecko » Saturday 2 August 2003 2:52:04pm

Going to Flamel's is an excellent suggestion. Flamel'll probably need a few year to get his things in order (he had enough elixer left to do just that). Also, don't forget Dumbledore has a brother! Now, if I'd suddenly become homeless my brother'd be one of the first I would ask to stay with!

And I also think that he's probably very busy doing things for the order, so that he doesn't really need a place to stay. He might just occasionaly pop in at nr 12 Grimmauld place to have dinner or to rest a night, and then he'd be off again, doing other things for the order.
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby Meg Boyd » Wednesday 13 August 2003 3:47:23am

That is true...if i was in trouble and needed a place to stay the first place I would go would be to a siblings...but i guess I would need siblings to do that...but don't you think going to Flamel's or his brother's is a little to predictable???? I mean if the ministry is going after you, oughten you have a better hiding place than your best friends or your brothers???? DD has style, and I bet you he is an animagi, and hid that way...
Meg Boyd

Postby Centaur Lord » Saturday 16 August 2003 3:58:12am

An Animagus is a good idea. But if he is one (which i dont doubt because he seems to have done everything else in the world), i dont think he'd be a bumblebee. lol. Just because its Dumbledore, i'd think that he would be something a bit more...majestic. I could see him being a Phoenix (you know, the whole Fawkes thing), but i dont know. Any thoughts on what he might be?
Centaur Lord
Seventh Year

Postby highsorcerer » Saturday 16 August 2003 5:35:31am

Oh, but isn't it obvious? Dumbledore took the hit for Harry because he knew Harry's destiny is more worthy than his. And he didn't go into hiding - he went where he could continue the fight. Personallly I think Voldemort's hideout has a wasp or bumblebee there. Something that seems non-threatening, but is.
highsorcerer
Department of Mysteries Unspeakable and Registered Animagus (Parrot)

maybe...

Postby jonny5 » Wednesday 20 August 2003 6:49:31am

I hadnt thought of this when i posted, but what if DD stayed at hogwarts? This is probably a longshot, but what if he stayed at hogwarts and wreaked havok (along side the weasley twins). He said himself that he didnt need a cloak to become invisible... that would be interesting, but i think he probably had more stuff to do than cause trouble at hogwarts... though his office was closed to all but him... i dont know, what do you think?
jonny5
Squib

Postby yasmane » Wednesday 20 August 2003 8:39:25am

Well,
honestly I don't think he has stayed in Hogwarth.
That would have been entirely useless for him, I mean he has to deal with the LV issue and manage the order of the phoenix, so knowing he was no longer headmaster, he had other business to deal with.
But I do agree he could have stayed within the castle if he ever had wanted to, he's got style and as you said, he doesn't need any cloak to become invisible.
yasmane
Sixth Year

Postby Colin » Wednesday 20 August 2003 9:43:10pm

I think Fawkes took him to the forest where he transformed to a wasp. The very wasp that Harry noticed as he took his O.W.L.s

The mention of the wasp was highly suspicious. DD's prime directive is to protect Harry. he cannot protect him from a distance.

I suspect the Centaurs would be willing to help DD because he seems to have a good relationship with everything in the forest.

As for the Centaurs, DD might have been the one to give them a place to live there.
Colin
The Grey Ghost

Postby Meg Boyd » Wednesday 20 August 2003 11:41:50pm

I agree with you! I feel Dumbledore did turn into a wasp or bee, because it works very well, and well...his name means Bumblebee in old english!
Meg Boyd

Next

Return to The Books