Idea about the circumstances of Harry and Neville's births

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Meg Boyd » Monday 11 August 2003 10:28:39pm

Neville is amazing...I am sure we haven't seen the end of him yet...I think he'll take more of a front running role since his fierce loyalty to Harry in DoM...it was just him and Harry battling those DE at the end before the order came...
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Colin » Monday 11 August 2003 10:41:50pm

I like the way this thread is moving. I will add to the madness:

Perhaps Neville and Harry are twins. With Neville removed to the Longbottoms for safety.

Not Identical twins, but brothers.

In the big battle scene in the Death Chamber, Neville was able to touch the prophacy and not go crazy.
Colin
The Grey Ghost

Postby Meg Boyd » Monday 11 August 2003 10:47:36pm

eh, Neville and Harry look too much like their parents to be brothers...unless James Potter and Alice Longbottom had a little somethin' somethin' going on...
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby gecko » Monday 11 August 2003 10:49:39pm

Heh, that would be a real surprise (well not anymore now) if they happen to be brothers! I think Neville can touch the prophecy and not go mad, because when the prophecy was spoken it wasn't sure about whom it was, either Neville or Harry, that's why the inscription was smth like : 'Harry Potter (?)'.

Still, if they are twins, who are their parents? The Longbottoms or the Potters?
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby Meg Boyd » Monday 11 August 2003 11:11:17pm

I just don't like the idea of harry and neville being bros...i mean doesn't he look like his father and have his mother's eyes? And we see in the pensive that Lily has his eyes...and in St. Mungos I think Alice is said to have blue eyes...(perhaps I am just imagining this)
Meg Boyd

Postby Eol » Tuesday 12 August 2003 7:55:22am

I reckon I would feel cheated if they turned out to be brothers. However I seriously doubt that they will, JK has more imagination than that.
Eol
Lightning Bearer

Postby Meg Boyd » Tuesday 12 August 2003 1:18:27pm

I doubt Neville and Harry are brothers.

I also would feel cheated if they were.

Neville and Harry are two people with too different conflicts and ways to resolve them.

Harry must deal with the death of his family, while Neville must deal with his parents being in a state worse than death...

...and I believe we will see these two different characters confront their problems...my guess is forgiveness...

No fancy charms, potions, wands, prophecies, or what not...just good old fashioned forgiveness...

Let by gones be by gones...and since DE and LV cannot stand love and compassion, forgiveness will rid them.

Just my thoughts anyhow
Meg Boyd

Postby Holly Golightly » Friday 15 August 2003 12:15:01pm

Colin: Neville was able to touch the prophecy ball without going insane becasue it had already been removed from the shelf by someone nemed inthe prophecy. Only Harry or Voldie could take it off the shelf without going insane, but once it was down, anyone could touch it, which is why the DE's kept doing Accio Prophecy... ;)
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Previous

Return to Theories