The significance of Draco Malfoy

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Morgana » Tuesday 8 July 2003 3:33:31am

i think i've been misunderstood...i didn't mean for the whole harry/draco thing to sound quite as cliche as it did... :oops: oopsie but i agree that the whole "final battle" thing is blah...and i know that J.K. being her wonderful self will do somthing epic to completly confound us all
Morgana
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Hermione Weasley » Tuesday 8 July 2003 6:54:51am

I think draco will become important yes.I have also noticed the words cliched being used in every other sentence and i frankly am getting tired of it i mean something "cliched" is inevitable i mean they either become friends and help each other fight LV or they stay enimies and the downfall of both LV and the entire wizarding population.so if you look at it they are both clicched as you guys have put it.I think that hogwarts will become united in the fight agianst LV. Mainly because it is being stressed so much that everyone put differences aside and help one another, but i am not saying everyone is going to be one big happy family what i am saying is that everyone at hogwarts students and staff will all have one thing in there agenda which is to fight or rise up agianst LV.
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby Devinci » Wednesday 9 July 2003 9:02:48pm

Enchanter wrote:Thats too goody goody. if that happened i dont know if i would continue reading. i want to see two enemies fight eachother not fall in love and save eachothers lives

I'm NOT gonna touch that one. Ahahahahahahahaha
Devinci
Hugger of Trees and Saver of Whales

Postby Ju-DedoH » Wednesday 9 July 2003 9:09:25pm

or maybe simply, it will go on as it is : DM will not be the first to congratulate Harry in killing VD and sending his dad back into prison etc... the relationship that is bound to change (or I think will change) is the one between Severus and DM ...
Ju-DedoH
Hufflepuff Prefect, Divination Teacher and Sgt. Pepper

Postby Claire » Thursday 10 July 2003 2:41:29am

Hermione Weasly, having Draco and Harry end up fighting each other is not cliche. I think people are using cliche to mean 'overused' and 'corny' or 'superficial'.

And Harry Potter is not a love story, and I don't think everything will turn out to be alright in the end.

Draco is the bully. Lots of fan fics feature Draco turning good, so if this were a fan fic, I'd think that maybe he could, but the books make it pretty clear that he is not good. He is always snotty and mean around Harry.
Claire
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Reply and quote

Postby Nymphadora_Tonks » Thursday 10 July 2003 10:00:50am

English wrote:Draco is a blood realtive- cousin - of Tonks. Their mothers were sisters.

Perhaps "blood may prove to be thicker than water?"

But I doubt it- Rowling has never been big on family love- look at Dudley and Harry.

yes i DO believe that Draco is related to me! :grin:
Nymphadora_Tonks
Squib

Postby Sacred Guardian » Thursday 10 July 2003 5:34:49pm

uhhhhh, ok, right, sure he is, and back on topic, i do not think that draco will turn good, he is established as bad, he supports his father, and thus supports voldemort
Sacred Guardian
Hufflepuff Prefect, Hufflepuff Chaser and Hogwarts' Master of Secrets

Postby Morgana » Friday 11 July 2003 3:23:16am

okay well see i still question dracos motives for obeying his father the way he does......transport to amatur pshyc lounge.....i belive that dracos esential snobishness may simply be a product of him conpensating for the undoubtdly turbulent upbringing...go back to the first book draco *wanted* he and harry to be freinds...but if hes really as slytherin as everyone says than why would he want to become freinds with someone any voldie supporter (aka draco's father) would by definition hate....except of course to complete some nefarious plot thought up by his father (i refuse to belive an 11 year old capable of cold blooded murder) which actaully brings me to my point....draco malfoy is the product of a facade he presents to please his father...i mean look at how many people say hes an exact clone of lucius, and consider that it is increably rare for any child, especially teenagers, to be soo like one parent without some kind of mental malfunction, to put it very untechnicly, but then the real question becomes can draco keep up his mask..*DRAMACTIC MUSIC*

damn another ultra long message chock-full of bad spelling sorry guys! :grin:
Morgana
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Hermione Weasley » Friday 11 July 2003 9:04:21pm

Morgana wrote:okay well see i still question dracos motives for obeying his father the way he does......transport to amatur pshyc lounge.....i belive that dracos esential snobishness may simply be a product of him conpensating for the undoubtdly turbulent upbringing...go back to the first book draco *wanted* he and harry to be freinds...but if hes really as slytherin as everyone says than why would he want to become freinds with someone any voldie supporter (aka draco's father) would by definition hate....except of course to complete some nefarious plot thought up by his father (i refuse to belive an 11 year old capable of cold blooded murder) which actaully brings me to my point....draco malfoy is the product of a facade he presents to please his father...i mean look at how many people say hes an exact clone of lucius, and consider that it is increably rare for any child, especially teenagers, to be soo like one parent without some kind of mental malfunction, to put it very untechnicly, but then the real question becomes can draco keep up his mask..*DRAMACTIC MUSIC*

d*mn another ultra long message chock-full of bad spelling sorry guys! :grin:

Ok so maybedraco wanted to be friends with harry in a plot to get harry closer to the danger so that when LV comes back he will know exactly where he was most of the time, because harry and draco will comunicate to one other during the holidays.
Hermione Weasley

Postby Sacred Guardian » Saturday 12 July 2003 6:34:25am

or maybe he wanted him to be friends because he wanted him on the side of voldemort
Sacred Guardian

Postby Hermione Weasley » Saturday 12 July 2003 6:49:46am

maybe so but either way i think he had a some reason for trying to be frends i highly doubt he acctually wanted to be friends.maybe his dad told him to.
Hermione Weasley

Postby Sacred Guardian » Saturday 12 July 2003 8:36:06am

right, that's what i'm saying, he obviously didn't have good intentions when he asked him to be friends, think about what he said
Sacred Guardian

Postby Kaizer » Saturday 12 July 2003 4:08:03pm

I think Harry might end up saving Draco's life; ending up in some sort of mutual bond. Not exactly friends, though.
Kaizer
Sixth Year

Postby Meg Boyd » Friday 1 August 2003 3:18:39pm

hmmm...I think Draco actually tried to befriend Harry because like all bullies they have a low self esteem. Draco prolly just wanted to boost his self esteem by making himself friends with the most obvious choice of The Most Popular and Powerful kid in their year. He feels bitter because Harry chose not to be friends with the other powerful kids in his year (draco is monetarily powerful, while Crabbe and Goyle have brawn) but with kids that (according to the Malfoy family) are not even fit to be wizards: A Pure-Blood from a Muggle Loving Family, and a Muggle-Born...
So Draco is now bitter...trying to drag Harry down in order to make himself look good...I think his father only worsens it, not eggs it...but now i think it will be different...
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Lolita Banana » Friday 1 August 2003 5:22:20pm

My opinion is that Draco is just a character. People think he is significant and he is, but only when Harry is younger. I think he will become less and less important as the plot goes on, as Harry is old enough and above Draco's childish games. ALthough i could be wrong. It could go completely the other way.
Lolita Banana
Seventh Year

PreviousNext

Return to Theories