Next Year's Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Ju-DedoH » Tuesday 8 July 2003 6:42:19pm

two points I would like to make :
- The DADA teacher teaches 6th and 7th years , could you imagine having a teacher younger than you ? so it could'nt possibly be harry !
- DD really does trust snape, he did allow him to look into harry's memories ! but he could'nt be dada teacher, cos' harry is really good at it, so he could'nt be so nasty with him !
Ju-DedoH
Hufflepuff Prefect, Divination Teacher and Sgt. Pepper

Postby Devinci » Wednesday 9 July 2003 5:08:28am

I think the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is going to be...Dobby! Oh God! Dobby, Professor Dobby! AhahahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry, anyway, I really don't have any idea and I really don't think we can figure it out because...as I must say, Umbridge came out of nowhere, who could have guessed that?!?! Random Toad chic from the Mynestry...that's a given!!! :-?
Devinci
Hugger of Trees and Saver of Whales

Postby Aule » Thursday 31 July 2003 5:45:12pm

i only want to see a teacher who will actually teach the students useful things for defense. rowling will pitch a curveball as usual for the teacher
Aule
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Colin » Thursday 31 July 2003 6:25:47pm

My vote goes to Lord Voldemort! He would make a fine DADA teacher!

:razz:
Colin
The Grey Ghost

Postby Marcus Baker » Thursday 31 July 2003 6:48:56pm

Haha, you mean Dark Arts teacher right?
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby Colin » Thursday 31 July 2003 7:03:53pm

Yes!!! You are correct. A Dark Arts teacher :eek:

Can you imagine the situation?

DD teaching DADA and LV teaching DA, all under the same roof:) Too funny...
Colin
The Grey Ghost

Postby Hermione Weasley » Thursday 31 July 2003 7:15:42pm

i have a feeling that the DADA teacher will be a hogwarts student from past books. maybe Oliver Wood will come back or someone else or Krum could you imagine how ron would react?? :lol:
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby Colin » Thursday 31 July 2003 7:49:21pm

That's not a bad idea! it would bring Krum back into the story as a competitor for Hermione's affections. Ron would not know wether to hate him or worship him:-)

Vicky WAS taught by a Death Eater.
Colin
The Grey Ghost

Postby Lolita Banana » Thursday 31 July 2003 10:39:48pm

I would put my opinion but I fogot who Kingsley Shaklebolt is....? :oops:
Lolita Banana
Seventh Year

Postby Colin » Friday 1 August 2003 2:14:35am

He is an Auror. A member of the OoTP
Colin
The Grey Ghost

Postby highsorcerer » Friday 1 August 2003 2:15:20am

Kingsley is an auror, and his case assignment has just been considerably lightened. He was in charge of the hunt for Sirius Black.
highsorcerer
Department of Mysteries Unspeakable and Registered Animagus (Parrot)

Postby Holly Golightly » Friday 1 August 2003 5:40:11am

Well, I like the previously mentioned idea of DD's brother Alberforth, except for one thing... DIdin't DD say that he wasnt' sure wether Alberforth coudl read of not??

How can you have a teacher who cant' read?

Otherwise, someone completely new!
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Postby justin » Friday 1 August 2003 6:58:03am

Look for DD to appoint a character who HE really wants. Not that he has followed other peoples orders before, but now the he has been validated I doubt the Ministry or parents are going to argue with him. What would be worse having a werewolf teaching or your kids being unprepared? I seriously think that Fudge and the rest of the Ministry will be keeping a low profile. DD really has stopped trying to appease anyone. I don't think he was ever afraid of anyone, but I think he was originally trying to keep in good standing with the Ministry. Obviously that didn't work, so he was pretty ready to play the reble. So deffinetly look for DD to do whatever he see fit.

Personally I REALLY hope that it isn't someone totally new, because the whole DADA is really a rut. I enjoy the new characters, but introduce them in a different position, or put another teacher in DADA and fill their old position with someone new. I agree with chiapetdiz that either the character really gets along with Harry or they butt heads. The whole "their not what they seem" has been done twice now. If JKR introduces a new character in that position, then he/she won't just be a side note, the character will be an important part of the story. Because of that I hope she uses someone we already sort of know. (the movie execs probably wish JKR would return somebody old, so they don't have to find yet another actor :D ) I guess I just grew up reading so many book series that repeated a lot of the same story structure over and over, just because it worked the first few times. In other areas JKR really keeps things fresh, so I hope she uses something new.

Anywho, just some rants.
justin
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Hermy » Friday 1 August 2003 2:32:39pm

What about the Durmstrang teacher in GOF who ran away as he was scared of Voldemorts return? He would be safest at Hogworts surely? And he would proabably be a very good candidate being an ex-death eater
Hermy
Magizoologist

Postby Meg Boyd » Friday 1 August 2003 3:53:08pm

Colin wrote:That's not a bad idea! it would bring Krum back into the story as a competitor for Hermione's affections. Ron would not know wether to hate him or worship him:-)

Vicky WAS taught by a Death Eater.

Hee hee, I am so for this...it would be hilarious...it's funny to Ron get jealous
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

PreviousNext

Return to Theories