Remus Lupin

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Postby Blaise Zabini » Sunday 13 July 2003 7:02:29pm

I definitely agree with what you said about Lupin being a better role model for Harry than Sirius was. No matter how much I don't really want to say it, Lupin really is a better person that Harry's godfather, and in the long run, it could prove to be a good thing that Sirius has died.

I've trying quite hard to re-read the book and while I'm still only at the beginning, I've noticed more and more how level-headed Lupin is. His advice is full of such reason and he sometimes seems to be the only one with Harry's best intentions at heart.

And yeah, this thread is making us all fall in love with Remiekins! Not to get off topic, but does anyone ho's playing him in the movie? If it's someone gorgeous, then we're all in trouble! :D
Blaise Zabini
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Gwared » Sunday 13 July 2003 9:03:47pm

He's being played by Brad Pitt......s (got you going for a second there!) co-star in "7 years in Tibet". Name escapes me for now.
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Charis » Sunday 13 July 2003 9:16:06pm

i think he's being played by David Thewlis? i have no idea what else he was in so i'm not sure he was in seven years in tibet...but i'm pretty sure he's the one playing Lupin. *sigh* too bad. brad would have been good. :grin: :razz:
Charis
Lady of the Lake

Postby Gwared » Sunday 13 July 2003 10:21:02pm

Charis wrote:i think he's being played by David Thewlis? i have no idea what else he was in so i'm not sure he was in seven years in tibet...but i'm pretty sure he's the one playing Lupin. *sigh* too bad. brad would have been good. :grin: :razz:

Yeah...that's the guy!
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby AccioNiffler » Monday 21 July 2003 12:39:21am

I love Lupin! I think that I have had a crush on him since the first time I read about him! :grin: I think that he will become Harry's mentor (as many of you have already mentioned.) He will be an excellent example for Harry. Maybe he will teach Harry to deal with all the hatred flowing through him right now, Lupic certainly has done a great job dealing with all of his.

Do you think that maybe Lupin actually is getting older and sicker? like its not just because he didnt take his potion or whatever. Maybe being a werewolf shortens your lifespan.

I think that Lupin will showdown with wormtail in the final battle. Maybe he will take him out so that Harry can get to LV. It would probably feel great for him to avenge the death of the most important people in his life. Maybe all of this anger and hate that he has been dealing with all his life will be taken out on Wormtail (that traitor :evil: he deserves it!)

and yes, Brad Pitt as Lupin -- what a WONDERFUL idea! I wish that's what was happening! But hey, we can all imagine, right? :lol: *AccioNiffler closes her eyes, smiling widely* :D
AccioNiffler
Caretaker of all Flying Fluffballs and Stewardess Extraordinaire

Postby fra-sirius » Monday 21 July 2003 12:14:14pm

David Thewlis

fra-sirius
Fourth Year

Postby fra-sirius » Monday 21 July 2003 12:15:13pm

fra-sirius
Fourth Year

Postby littlemissy » Monday 21 July 2003 6:18:36pm

Oh Lordy! I don't think I will be able to watch the film of PoA, because I have had a crush on Remus since he was first introduced, and I have a nice picture in my head that I don't want to spoil! David Thewlis looks like a rat.... :eek:
Anyway, yes I have always liked Remus Lupin because he's so calm and cool. I agree with pretty much everything good that has been said about him. He's such a nice guy basically! But like someone said, he manages to be nice without being boring. We know he's funny and cool as well, like I particularly loved the way he reacted when he saw the Marauder's Map again (and all that stuff about how an idiot like Snape ever became a professor!) and the way he talked about it to Harry, like when Harry asked "you know them?" and Remus was like "We've met". Also, one of the best parts of OotP, "one: he's sitting on my chair. two: he's wearing my clothes. three: his name's Remus Lupin". :grin: He's intelligent and brave and has had to deal with so much loss and discrimination.
It was heartbreaking to read Lupin's reaction to Sirius's death, his voice cracking as he tried to tell Harry that Sirius couldn't come back! :cry:
I hope that he will be able to be close to Harry in the forthcoming books, and it would be nice if somehow Harry could see some more memories from James/Sirius/Remus's schooldays through Lupin's eyes, so that they would be happier ones than the one he saw of James bullying Snape. You could tell from the exam hall scene that they were funny and fun, and we know that they used to get into all sorts of mischief from the existence of the Marauder's Map (for a start).
Part of what I love about Remus is that he isn't hot-headed or bent on revenge or whatever, but I think he should be able to confront and punish Pettigrew in the end. That little rat is responsible for the loss of Remus's best friends in the whole world! :( (I love the 'scr*w you Pettigrew' slogan as well lol!). I don't know whether I want Remus to kill Peter, or whether I think he should get a kiss from a dementor - because like Dumbledore said, there are things worse than death (and Peter Pettigrew deserves the worst!). I think I would just die if Lupin was killed off! His death and Dumbledore's death would be the worst possible ones. I hope JK doesn't feel the need to carry on being a 'ruthless killer'!
littlemissy
Second Year

Postby AccioNiffler » Monday 21 July 2003 6:29:19pm

I totally agree with you littlemissy, that guy playing lupin really does look like a rat :o :lol: Maybe once he's in full HP makeup and costume he'll look different? Let's hope so, because I cetainly didnt picture Lupin like that!!
AccioNiffler
Caretaker of all Flying Fluffballs and Stewardess Extraordinaire

Postby Dink Meeker » Monday 21 July 2003 7:00:58pm

I think Thewlis looks great for the part of Lupin. Remember that James and Sirius were the leaders / coolest / best looking of their gang. Lupin was more quiet and reserved.
Dink Meeker
Seeker of the Light

Postby Gwared » Monday 21 July 2003 9:38:25pm

I've seen pictures where he looks more the part.

Oh and fra-sirius, we're not supposed to link directly to pictures but the the page on which they are hosted.
Gwared

Postby littlemissy » Tuesday 22 July 2003 12:23:24am

Oh I know he's not supposed to be totally gorgeous, but in my head he's a lot better looking than David Thewlis!!! :D I think I will wait on reviews from HP fans before I go and see it. He may well make an excellent Lupin, but I don't want my mind-picture ruined if he doesn't!
littlemissy
Second Year

Postby Blaise Zabini » Tuesday 22 July 2003 5:08:26am

::Pulls out Umbridge-esque Quill::

<Fluttery, girlish voice>
Hem-hem. On topic, please, my dear friends. Too much talk of icky rat-faced men that look nothing like my Remiekins...:(
</Fluttery, girlish voice>

Anyway.

littlemissy wrote:It was heartbreaking to read Lupin's reaction to Sirius's death, his voice cracking as he tried to tell Harry that Sirius couldn't come back! :cry:

Oh, I completely agree. More thn the death scene itself, but the reaction of the charcters made the entire thing all the more saddening. And I think that that part, far more than any other part in the books, cemented the image of Lupin as being a calm and level-headed guy. I mean, he explained this to Harry with such composure and dignity, that it's hard not to admire him. Oh, Remus...
Blaise Zabini
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby fra-sirius » Tuesday 22 July 2003 9:27:11am

Gwared wrote:I've seen pictures where he looks more the part.

Oh and fra-sirius, we're not supposed to link directly to pictures but the the page on which they are hosted.

sorry
i will remember for next ;)
fra-sirius
Fourth Year

Postby Morgana » Sunday 27 July 2003 4:11:32am

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LUPIN!!!!!!!!!! hes one of my favorites and i was very upset that J.K. (darling though she is) didn't put more of his reaction to sirius's death in OoP, i mean the guy just lost the last of his best best friends you'd think there'd be somthing more, a minor breakdown perhaps, but hey maybe this'll lead to lupin taking over for sirius as harrys "father figure" wouldn't that be fun!
Morgana
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

PreviousNext

Return to Characters