Least Favorite NEW Character After Reading Book 5 (spoilers)

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Who is your least fave new HP character?

Cho, Ravenclaw
9%
Umbridge, "The High Inquisitor"
38%
Fudge, the "Minstry of Magic"
8%
Bellatrix, "Murderess of Sirius/Death-Eater"
22%
Zacharias, Ravenclaw
2%
Kreacher, the House Elf
4%
Grawp, Hagrid's Brother
6%
Luna, Ravenclaw
5%
Magorian, the Centaur
1%
Marietta, Cho's Friend
2%
Other New Character (please post name on the thread)
2%

Total votes : 130

Postby HuffleDuck » Sunday 29 June 2003 4:44:37am

:grin: :lol: Yeah, I really love the last part, where students and teachers get revenge from Umbridge... The part i like most is when Prof McGon couldn't give Umbridge the good-bye party b/c Peeve had borrowed her walking stick :grin: :grin: I know i had mentioned it many times.. But i couldn't help it :grin: :grin:

Some of the chapters are really cracking me up :lol: :lol:
HuffleDuck
Keeper of the Lake

Postby Holly Golightly » Sunday 29 June 2003 6:54:39am

Well, again, I had the same kind of prob as with the character I though was the best! But I voted Cho, becuase she just annoyed te hell out of me!!! :mad:

Umbridge and Bellatrix are just so wonderfully deveolped nasty evil people that they are excellent characters, in reguard to how they were written! The centar (M...? ) was just doing what he though was right, and I just felt sorry for Kreacher... yes he wa nasty etc etc, but what choice did he have in the matter... Granted, Dobby didnt' go nasty, but hes a very rare one I think! Luna is a very cool character, and Grawp? He saved Harry and Hermoine... How can you hate him after that! :D
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Postby HuffleDuck » Sunday 29 June 2003 4:10:57pm

:???: Yeah i'm wondering the same thing, Grawp doesn't have much part about him at all... How can you hate him for a little part he played? beside grunting and deforestration.. that part is funny when Harry says it. :grin: :lol: Beside Holly is right. he did saved Harry and Hermyyy :grin:
HuffleDuck
Keeper of the Lake

Postby hermionegirl09 » Monday 30 June 2003 8:54:32pm

Umbridge and Bellatrix are just evil little people... :evil: i hate them both!
hermionegirl09
Gryffindor Chaser

ummm UMBRIDGE

Postby megapixel91 » Wednesday 9 July 2003 9:56:21pm

Well im not even done with the book but umbridge... When she posts the new rules every week... God... Although percy was pretty bad too... but umbridge with the hem hem... I wish mcgonagall would have slapped her and hagrid choked her... i know that is mean but still.... snape should poison her...
megapixel91
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby han lin » Thursday 10 July 2003 12:49:12am

i totally agree with that, magonegal won my respect for the way she brought down umbridge and i was really angry when she was hurt.
han lin
Hogwarts Guardian of Virtue

laest favorite character

Postby Supreme Mugwump » Thursday 10 July 2003 8:20:33pm

Who couldn't hateUmridge i mean the way she acts like she controls the universe :x :evil:
Supreme Mugwump
Squib

Postby Charis » Thursday 10 July 2003 9:52:16pm

i dont hate umbridge....i mean i do but i don't. i hate how she hurt harry and was such an ugly closedminded evil woman.....but i loved the part she played in the book and am very glad she was in it. one of the more brilliant characters in the books in my opinion.
Charis
Lady of the Lake

Postby hermionegirl09 » Thursday 10 July 2003 10:22:19pm

good point Charis. i mean without someone like her it wouldn't be as interesting would it.
hermionegirl09
Gryffindor Chaser

Postby lucill » Friday 11 July 2003 9:14:51pm

I agree with Charis too. Without Umbridge there would not have been so much fun! I really loved hating her! :lol: But I think Beatrix Lestrang is the true villainess of the book. I mean, Umbridge is .... plain somehow, but Lestrang is evil through. *hard to explaim wahat I mean* :grin:
lucill

Postby Charis » Saturday 12 July 2003 7:45:14pm

yaay! lots of people agreeing with me :D :grin:

I understand what you mean, lucill... Bellatrix was the real threat of death...umbridge seems like just a bad and annoying woman next to her! :)
Charis
Lady of the Lake

Postby redhead2531 » Monday 14 July 2003 12:38:14am

I had to go with Umbridge. She made life at Hogwarts miserable for everyone except for the Slytherins AKA the Inquistorial Squad. :evil: She took Harry's and the twin's brooms, made countless decrees and were going to whip the Weasley twins. Bellatrix got me mad by killing Sirius but she wasnt annoying like the "High Inquistitor". :mad:
redhead2531

Postby bludy mery » Saturday 26 July 2003 5:00:20pm

cho chang argh!!!!!!! she was such a git
she was so terribley dramatic and annoying... and she made such a deal obout everything... and I always hated her...I wanted to vote for Umbridg but I think without her the book was to be less interesting.. and Ballatrix is realy eavel, and I realy made a big deal about Sirius'us death cause' I realy loved him but I think her chareacter is realy cool...
bludy mery
Queen of Darkness and Owner of the Loch Ness Monster

Postby Devinci » Sunday 27 July 2003 1:03:49am

Umbridge was annoying as hell. I wanted to rip pages out of the book everytime I saw her name (I'd be left with...1/3 of the book)

But, I hated Bellatrix...Ooo it made me mad when Harry didn't beat the living bejesus outta her.

But, I do have to agree, they are wonderfully developed as fantasy characters. Well done JK *claps* But...that doesn't sway my hate for them.

Percy was a pretty nasty little bu***r the whole time as well. Needed a good kick in the nads if you ask me.

:o :o :o
Devinci
Hugger of Trees and Saver of Whales

Postby bludy mery » Sunday 27 July 2003 11:29:30am

Percy is such a shmuk!!! you just reminded me... its bad cause I kind of liked him till the 5th book...
bludy mery
Queen of Darkness and Owner of the Loch Ness Monster

PreviousNext

Return to Characters