Did we really learn anything new? what's with the death?

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Did we really learn anything new? what's with the death?

Postby Rizzoku » Sunday 29 June 2003 1:51:01am

The book itself was great and all but when dumbledore started to say his famous line of the book what I shoulda told ya 5 years ago, I got all tense and excited to finally understand why Harry was being sought after by Voldemort. It was dumb, we already new all that stuff or guessed it, I was hoping he'd flat out say that harry was the gryffindor heir and his purpose was to defeat the dark lord. but no we got fed the same info. And the death, I didn't even know he was dead until after and I had to reread it. She didn't out enough drama in it, it happened too quickly.
Rizzoku
Muggle

Postby Shadow Knight » Sunday 29 June 2003 2:06:00am

well he did say he had to kill LV and i doubt harry is gryfindoors heir
Shadow Knight

Postby zledm007 » Sunday 29 June 2003 5:36:17am

I know what you mean Riz. It was really dissapointing when we finally heard DD's little speach thing. I mean it was kinda neat to get the whole one has to kill the other thing in print, but seriously, we all knew that was gonna happen anyway. Yeah, i agree, harry's gotta be gryf's heir, how else would he have pulled the sword in "chamber"? DD did say after that only a true gryfendore could've pulled it. how else could you be a true gryf?
zledm007
Divination Teacher and Jazz Master for the Universe

Postby Violet » Sunday 29 June 2003 12:50:59pm

i wasnt disappointed at all, i think it makes a lot more sense, and i can really sympathise with harry, he has the weight of the world on his shoulders and he's only 15!!
i dont think that we really knew that about the prophecy, but i'm sure that it will come out later that harry is the heir to gryff!
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby vacuum » Monday 30 June 2003 4:01:35am

Yeah, I thought that it was to be assumed.

I pretty much figured from the beginning that Harry and Voldy would face off at the ending, most likely leading to Voldy's death.
vacuum
Squib

Postby AccioNiffler » Monday 30 June 2003 5:19:10am

I was a little disapointed with DD's speach to Harry. I thought it was a bit boring, but I suppose since he was so exhausted it wasnt going to be a huge broadway production :lol: I was really sad though when DD was crying when he told Harry about why he didnt make him a a prefect :cry:
AccioNiffler
Caretaker of all Flying Fluffballs and Stewardess Extraordinaire

Return to The Books