Cho Chang

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Cho Chang

Postby Lizzy Bennet » Monday 23 June 2003 3:22:00pm

Knowing Blaise and how she feels about Cho :razz: , this thread should get some interesting and energetic posts! :lol:

We got introduced to Cho in book 3, realized Harry's feelings for her to a greater extent in book 4, and then really got to know her in book 5. I can't say I'm overly impressed. Not only in her lack of taste in friends (Marietta), but also in just how she handles herself. It wasn't the jealousy of Hermione either (that's just being a teenager!), it was how self-absorbed, flighty, and over-emotional she seemed...ALL THE TIME. :o

I doubted the sincerity of her feelings for Harry. It seemed like she was attracted to Harry because she hoped he could give her resolution to her pain and feelings for the late Cedric. That maybe, because he was there, he could help her sort through it all and make sense of all of it. Well, firstly, even if they had just been friends, Harry lived through that, so to make him relive it over and over all the time would be selfish. But becoming close to someone and demanding they become your grief counselor, even at the expense of their own happiness, is just wrong. It just seemed she wanted to be with Harry for all the wrong reasons...not at all wanting to be with him for who HE is, totally unrelated to Cedric or his death!

That was my take on Cho. But to be honest, I wasn't wild about how Ravenclaws were portrayed in general in book 5. :razz: What did you lot think about Cho? Are you glad she and Harry broke up or do you wish they had stayed together? Personally, I'd like to see Cho sort out her feelings on her own and be a more stable person, but it seems she just jumped to another guy rather than sorting out her issues. I can't say I'm sorry not to have her and Harry be a couple anymore!
Lizzy Bennet
Angel of Music and Giver of Hugs

Postby Nothlit » Monday 23 June 2003 3:33:15pm

It seems fairly obvious to me that Cho was really never intended to become a big part of Harry's life, just because of the way she was abruptly introduced as nothing more than a crush. I mean, sure, teenagers do have crushes on people they hardly know, but in the scope of this series, it seems to me that Harry will end up with a girl that we have at least gotten to know previously in some way besides "Harry's stomach did a cartwheel when he saw So-and-So."
Nothlit
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Neo » Tuesday 24 June 2003 8:10:20am

I think Harry and CHo really liked each other, but the circumstances didn't help a lot, first Cedric asking Cho before Harry, and the Cedric dying. I really thought that Cho and Harry could get together for a while, and I still think that could happen for a brief moment, only if they talk in a mature wa, express their feelings and decide to try it, and later will broke serioulsy.
Neo
Gryffindor Chaser and The Chosen One

Postby choki » Tuesday 24 June 2003 8:52:06am

We can't really blame Cho for her becoming such a crybaby...i mean she is only 16 n with Cedric's sudden death...
I agree with Neo that Harry n Cho truly like each other...it is just wrong timing
Abt her taste in friends...everybody must have experience with backstabber...so it is natural Rowling depicted one of Cho's friends to be doing that stuff
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby Neo » Tuesday 24 June 2003 8:53:45am

I agree with Choki, imagine it being Neville, or other Harry's friend.
Neo

Cho's not so bad

Postby highsorcerer » Tuesday 24 June 2003 9:02:00am

Cho is just an extremely confused young woman. She had one boyfriend murdered, and hasn't come to terms with it. She did her best with Harry, but she got jealous of Hermoine, and Cedric's memory kept popping up between her and Harry, as their fates were somewhat linked. She really needed a good therapist to come to terms with Cedric's death and her crush on Harry. Still, Harry should have taken the time to explain to her exactly what happened during and after the third task. It might have cleared the air between himself and her regarding Cedric, and brought them closer together, more like his relationship with Hermoine and Ron.

Remember, Cho always seemed to like Harry well enough; she refused to wear a Support Cedric Diggory badge even when he was her boyfriend, and was one of the few people outside Gryffandor who wished him well at the Triwizard Tournament. Their relationship simply wasn't meant to be.
highsorcerer
Department of Mysteries Unspeakable and Registered Animagus (Parrot)

Postby Neo » Tuesday 24 June 2003 9:17:55am

By now, but who know what will heppen in the next book; maybe they have the chance to talk, really talk, and become a couple for some time.
Neo

Postby choki » Tuesday 24 June 2003 9:23:53am

if they r ever gonna be together again, they will have to really talk to each other in the next book cos Cho will be in her final yr...erm maybe something happen in the quidditch area...it seems like her flying skill is going downhill...i do hope Cho n Harry can get together again but it seems like Luna will be a tough contender
choki

Postby Neo » Tuesday 24 June 2003 9:26:52am

Luna?, really, she seems to like Ron.
Neo

Postby Jay » Tuesday 24 June 2003 6:30:10pm

i really wanted Cho and Harry to get together too ;(
Jay
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Fafnul Black » Wednesday 25 June 2003 9:59:18am

Yeah, I think Cho is fine, it just turned out awkwardly between her and Harry, given the events, their having to grown up a bit, and such. What some of you have against "a simple crush" ? That is how it starts in many cases, no ? OK, after book 5 Harry seems a bit unreceptive for romantic business, but it might come back to him... And really, would it not be strange to have Harry suddenly fall into the arms of Luna / Ginny / Margaret (made that up) or whoever, whithout any crush - hint ?
Fafnul Black
Fourth Year

Postby Cho Chang » Wednesday 25 June 2003 11:59:28pm

Jay wrote:i really wanted Cho and Harry to get together too ;(

lol same here

well for me, Cho Chang cries a lot. The reason for that is the lost of her boyfriend. ALso, she likes Harry. But then, she is confused, How will her friends thing about it? Suddenly going out with the "Hero" of the school right after the death of Cedric? So there is reasons for her to cry. And everytime she looks at Harry, he reminds her of Cedric.
Cho Chang
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby choki » Friday 27 June 2003 10:14:57am

ya...Cho need to know what happened at the graveyard esp when Cedric went into the maze perfectly alive and the next moment he came out dead

She definitely have to change her ways or maybe Harry can get over with Sirius's death, either way if it doesn't work...that spells the end of any possible reconciliation
choki

Postby Charis » Saturday 28 June 2003 1:35:16am

i'm finding it kind of hard to decide what to make of Cho at the moment. yeah, she went through alot with Cedric's death, but she could have been more understanding with Harry. alot of people have said she's unstable, and i think thats the perfect way to describe her. i'm just not sure if she really liked Harry enough... it could just have been bad timing, or it could just be that Cho never did and never will have romantic feelings for Harry. maybe she's only confused, or maybe she knowingly thought she could somehow get closer to Cedric by getting closer to the man who watched him die, even though she never really liked Harry that way. :-?
Charis
Lady of the Lake

Postby werebane » Saturday 28 June 2003 2:10:50am

i dunno, i like it when they were like going out if you could call it that
werebane
Fully Qualified Wizard

Next

Return to Characters