Ginny Weasley

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Ginny Weasley

Postby English » Tuesday 24 June 2003 2:13:25am

What a well-balanced young lady Ginny has beome- it would appear that she takes after her father.

Throughout the book she seems sensible and happy, and is always willing to offer advice. in some ways she is very like a young version of Lupin.

Notice how well she takes to quidditch, she has none of Ron's paranoia, and none of Harry's blind obsession with the game.
English
Second Year

Postby Neo » Tuesday 24 June 2003 8:42:48am

I really like Ginny, I mean we couldn't know how she was because she fancied Harry, but know we see that she rocks, I would like her to end with Harry (Harry should get some experience in dating, since Ginny in one year has gotten more).
And this seems to be the start, Ginny will be even more important in next books, and more powerful.
Neo
Gryffindor Chaser and The Chosen One

Postby choki » Tuesday 24 June 2003 9:47:18am

Ginny is taking up more of Fred n George personalities...didn't know she is good at Quidditch...guess what she might be the new Captain/Chaser or then again Ginny as the new troublemaker-in-chief? :grin:
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby Sara Bumpkin » Thursday 26 June 2003 12:34:33am

I've always liked Ginny, and in this last book she really had her own voice. She's starting to grow into an independent young woman who speaks her mind... Which, in my opinion, would be perfect for a Harry/Ginny relationship. ;)

I agree with Choki about her taking after Fred and George more than anyone else in the family... And I could certainly see her becoming the new Hogwarts troublemaker. :grin:
Sara Bumpkin
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby English » Thursday 26 June 2003 1:49:51am

Actually, I don't think she is a troublemaker- she is very sensible and can be cunning- when there is a NEED. She would be quite willing to break school rules (and she would do it well) to acomplish a goal, but unlike Fred and George she won't cause trouble just for its own sake.

I would imagine that Artur Weasley is similar, and perhaps he was the same when he was a Hogwarts student?
English
Second Year

Postby Holly Golightly » Sunday 29 June 2003 6:31:56am

Well, I am very impressed with how she came along in this book! Her character just matured so much when she got over her Harry obsession!!! Honestly, she used to annoy me in previous books!

I think that English is right.. she wont' cause trouble just for the sake of causing trouble, like Fred and George, but she's a very connung little girl when she sets her mind to it!

One thing I am very curiuos about with her is why can she, like Harry, Neville and Luna, hear voices beyond the veil? Could she also see the Thestrals? Has Ginny seen someone die??? What otehr explination for her earing voices in the viel are there???

Very curious... :???:

Holly~:circling:
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Postby English » Sunday 29 June 2003 12:06:58pm

Can only "people who have seen people die" hear the voices through the veil? It is kind of implied but I'm not sure if it is confirmed.
English
Second Year

Postby gecko » Sunday 29 June 2003 12:18:22pm

Didn't she see Tom Riddle in the chamber of secrets? And Tom's kind of dead. So perhaps that's why she heard the voices.

I think she couldn't see the thestrals, but I'd have to reread that part of the book to be sure, and the book's downstairs... : )
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby English » Sunday 29 June 2003 12:24:47pm

Actually, thats a total "clincher" . Ginny CAN'T see Thestrals- think of when they are mounting them in the forrest- she looks the wrong way! So, presumably she hasn't seen anyone die.
English
Second Year

Postby gecko » Sunday 29 June 2003 12:27:27pm

Did she actually hear the voices from beyond the veil? Can't remember reading anything like that..

At first I thought the voices would something like Parselmouth, because only Harry could hear them.. But then Luna would have to speak and hear it as well..
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby HuffleDuck » Sunday 29 June 2003 4:18:27pm

:grin: :grin: Ginny.. hehehe.. She really has a suprising personality in this book.. And she had that powerful hex and jinxing. In one of the chapter when Fred( i think) said" size doesn't matter, look at what Ginny can do"... :grin: :grin: ... I think she'll have more important part in the next 2book.. And yeah she's very thoughful and when Harry snapped at her, she replies cooly :grin: :grin:
HuffleDuck
Keeper of the Lake

Postby Cho Chang » Monday 30 June 2003 2:38:49am

Friendsforever wrote::grin: :grin: Ginny.. hehehe.. She really has a suprising personality in this book.. And she had that powerful hex and jinxing. In one of the chapter when Fred( i think) said" size doesn't matter, look at what Ginny can do"... :grin: :grin: ... I think she'll have more important part in the next 2book.. And yeah she's very thoughful and when Harry snapped at her, she replies cooly :grin: :grin:

i started to like Ginny after the 5th bok. she has become one of my favorite characters of the book. Like most of you have said, she totally change from what she was in the second and third book to what she is now.

Unexpectally, she joins the quiddictch teams, becomes the next seeker. ALso, she matured from the previous books. Grown up, and became a smart young 15 year old girl.

I think she is going to take an important role in the six book.
Cho Chang
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby HuffleDuck » Monday 30 June 2003 3:02:43am

Yeah, just a reminder, Ginny is 14 in this book :grin: :grin: Hope i'm right... :eek:

:lol: :razz:
HuffleDuck
Keeper of the Lake

Postby English » Wednesday 2 July 2003 11:56:57pm

Well, at the start of the book she will be 14, and at the end she is probably 15!

Don't forget the books take place over a year.

If her birthday is before July, she and Harry will be the same age for a few months!
English
Second Year

Postby Charis » Thursday 3 July 2003 3:49:18am

i really like Ginny in this book, she has definitley matured alot. i think that part of her personality showing through more in book 5 is not just because she got over Harry, but because she's growing up. i think, that since Ginny is a year younger than Harry, Ron, etc. she was always the little girl, but, really, a year is not that much. i can maybe see a Harry/Ginny relationship going on, but i hope that Harry really gets to know Ginny more, and that he takes the time to. I can't wait to see what Ginny has up her sleeve! she really seems like a neat girl. :)
Charis
Lady of the Lake

Next

Return to Characters