Snape related to Harry?

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Mistress Siana » Monday 19 May 2003 1:43:34pm

Why would LUpin be shocked to hear that Harry heard his fathers voice the night his mother was murdered.

In my opinion, it's very normal to be shocked in such a situation. Just imagine you'd meet the son of you former best friend years after he and his wife have been killed, and the child tells you he hears his father's last words in his memory. Yeah, it would be a strange reaction if Lupin hadn't known James. But they were friends, and Remus most likely misses James, even more than Lily, because of their marauder days. If you imagine what he must have felt in that moment, his reaction becomes understandable I think...
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Neo » Monday 19 May 2003 4:50:13pm

I agree with Mist

And if it were Lupin that night then why he didn't show up after Voldemort lose his powers and Sirius and Hagrid were there?
Neo
Gryffindor Chaser and The Chosen One

Postby Broken Machine » Monday 19 May 2003 6:26:02pm

I'm sure that Lupin misses James but if that were simply the case don't you think Lupin would have simply started reminsicing about the old days with Harry. Instead he asks his question in a strange voice like he knows something about that night. If he were truelly there that night and his condition kicked in rendering him almost useless as a werewolf I would think his reason for not coming back when Sirius and Hagrid were there would be because he was ashamed and didn't want anybody to know that he failed to rescue Lilly and Harry. I'm not stating this as fact though. It just seems like a reasonable assumption to make considering that all Harry heard in the room was one person stumbling around, hence Lupins state of change which we know from book three is painful, and that he only heard a man's voice and which is never really confirmed to be James. Lupin is back in book five and as many people believe he is the one that is sure to die, hopefully not, but if he does his true motive for the question may be uncovered.
On the other hand there are many things in the book that seem one way and turn up quite different so don't hold me to my theory. Oh, and I looked up the part when Hagrid was talking to Harry about the night Voldemort had come to Godric's Hollow and there is no mention of the moon. However in COS the movie, during that unbelieveabley numb interview, it is said that J.K. will allow certain things to be said, shown, and done in the movies that pertain to the books as not to accidently give something away. I'll watch the part where Voldie comes to Godric's Hollow and see if there is any sign of the moon in the soreceres stone the movie.
Broken Machine
Seventh Year

Postby Broken Machine » Monday 19 May 2003 6:34:32pm

When Voldie comes into the room Lilly does mouth the word "James" however just like Lupins question it could be taken out of context. Also during the scene where Voldie casts his spell on her you can see a glowing orb in the background sort of like a moon and when they revert to another angle you can see that she is standing infront of two patio like doors with windows in them. Also it could be that James was there but not alone. The night sky is also brightly lit. No direct answers from J.K. about it so I guess we'll just have to see.
Broken Machine
Seventh Year

Postby Neo » Monday 19 May 2003 6:44:40pm

Oh, one thing Lupin can not die in the mext book, because Jo said he will play a bigger role in book 7.
Neo

Postby Broken Machine » Monday 19 May 2003 8:23:03pm

Thats fantastic news. To bad anybody has to die.
Broken Machine
Seventh Year

Postby Neo » Tuesday 20 May 2003 3:53:10am

Yeah, but hey stick to the topic; Snape related to Harry.
Neo

Postby Broken Machine » Tuesday 20 May 2003 4:47:33am

Oh okay, and by the way Neo your nothing more then a program inside a program.
Broken Machine
Seventh Year

Postby Scellanis » Tuesday 20 May 2003 7:44:28pm

eh?? what is that meant to mean?? :???:
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby Neo » Tuesday 20 May 2003 9:29:10pm

Better ask Broen Machine to answer that (it sounds even farther than the Matrix concept and theme)
Neo

Postby Mistress Siana » Tuesday 20 May 2003 10:32:22pm

yeay, and I'm still wondering if the taste I recognize as s*x crispies might in fact be the taste of fish...
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Scellanis » Tuesday 20 May 2003 10:55:26pm

strange people....
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby azn wizard » Wednesday 21 May 2003 4:05:04am

haha...and perhaps we are programed to wonder about snape and harry's relationship...and if we hack into the system...we can figure out what jkr is thinking... :typing:
azn wizard
Keeper Of The Moons

Postby Holly Golightly » Wednesday 21 May 2003 6:58:48am

hack into the program controlling her thinking!!! tee-hee-hee!
Holly Golightly
Ravenclaw Chaser, Keeper of the Keys and Dancer of the Dances

Postby Mint » Wednesday 21 May 2003 6:47:12pm

Snape related to Harry??

:lol: :lol:

Maaaan this last month of waiting is really getting to people :D

Don't flame me - I just thought the fact that you guys r actually discussing this topic is funny :grin:

*Mint runs off before she is killed by somebody*
Mint
Slytherin Prefect, Hogwarts Librarian and Milady of the Night

Location: Chasing evil duck commander Choki >:( on a chocobo!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theories