How old are you?

Meet everyone here in The Great Hall for general discussions. Here you'll find a friendly place to talk about all things under the magnificent magical ceiling...even stuff not connected with Harry Potter!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, DucksRMagical, Broccoli, Run Away!!!, Phoenix in the Ashes

How old are you?

under 12
2%
12-16
40%
17-20
35%
21-25
11%
26-30
5%
30-40
6%
Over 40
2%

Total votes : 185

Re: How old are you?

Postby *Riley* » Monday 2 June 2008 9:04:30am

Fawkes and I are both 12 thank you very much !! :lol:
*Riley*
Keeper of the Keys and Dragon Tamer Of The West

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Tuesday 3 June 2008 7:38:21am

Wow, i haven't replied to this topic sinc ei was 14, i'm 16 now.

=]

Counting the months til I'm 17 now!
Scarlet Lioness
Keeper of the Claws, Co-Owner of the Juice Bar and Prefect of Gryffindor

Postby *Riley* » Tuesday 3 June 2008 11:01:52am

Hehe wow !!

I'm turning 13 in 6 months.. :( Tick Tock Tick Tock !!!
*Riley*

Postby Q.Araignee » Tuesday 3 June 2008 11:39:37am

Ooo 'eck, from 15 when I first replied here I'm now 18- it doesn't seem to have been long enough for that to happen! I've been so wrapped up in revision, exams, preparing to leave for uni in September and everything that I haven't really noticed how quickly the time has gone.
Q.Araignee
Gryffindor Prefect, Queen of Spiders & PI(E), Maciavellian Thespian Extrodinaire & Guardian Singer of Souls

Postby salemboy » Tuesday 3 June 2008 1:58:15pm

I'm a proud fourteen year old. I'm also proud to say that I'm in the same class as two seniors, that I scored fifth or sixth highest in a High School on the PSAT, that I've written a novel, and that I've come in first place in three Japanese Speech Contests.

Now I just need to find someone who'll edit my novel. Then I've gotta find a publishing company that'll actually take a minor seriously (that'll be like trying to pry screws out of diamond.)
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby DucksRMagical » Tuesday 3 June 2008 3:19:34pm

I haven't posted on here in over a year. I'm 19 now. I'll be 20 in September. I won't be a teenager anymore, that'll be strange.

6 months, Riley? Then you'll be a teenager! You must be a little older than Fawkes.

That's awesome, salemboy! I don't remember my PSAT score, but I don't think it was very good. :lol: I got a 1770 on the SAT, which is decent. Youknowwho got a 1970. (out of 2400)
DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Tuesday 17 June 2008 10:16:45pm

riley, your older than me? darn......... curse this december 19th birthday............ :(
FawkesthePhoenix
President of the Penguins

Location: No idea, all I know is that there are a LOT of felt-tipped pens...

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Sunday 22 June 2008 4:00:53pm

The last time I posted on this thread I was 13. Now I'm fourteen and will be 15 in a little less than five months. I guess that I forgot to tell you guys. :lol:
GodrictheGriffon
Unspeakable and Princess of Polar Bears

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby *Riley* » Tuesday 24 June 2008 11:49:12am

I'm 1,298
*Riley*

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Thursday 26 June 2008 1:15:38am

lol... Riley, it looks like u have an ancient soul....

I just had my second child... a son! So that makes me.......................31. So nice to see the range of ages on here, and the maturity and talent in your comments and role play games!

xx
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby salemboy » Thursday 26 June 2008 6:25:51am

Maturity? Me? Never. lol, *Riley*. You appear to be the oldest person on this forum. Again, congratulations on the baby, Distortia.
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby Q.Araignee » Thursday 26 June 2008 10:42:59am

Hey, I didn't know we were taking reincarnations into account! I haven't even finished tracing them back to their beginning ;)
I think I'm up to 700-800 CE so far...
Q.Araignee
Gryffindor Prefect, Queen of Spiders & PI(E), Maciavellian Thespian Extrodinaire & Guardian Singer of Souls

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Friday 27 June 2008 2:54:00am

coolie Queen Araignee! Is this your scottish background u're tracing? I must get over there one day. My mom is going this year with her sister and they are looking around for traces of their heritage. I love family history. I feel, we all have ancient souls; that we came to this earth to experience what it's like to be human, because before we had no idea what love, pain, hate, and so on really was. So.... how's everyone liking it so far?

Me... I can't believe I ever love any deeper before I had children.....
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby Q.Araignee » Friday 27 June 2008 12:31:37pm

Did I mention that the Q stood for Queen somewhere? Probably, but I can't remember.

Anywho, yes and no Distortia. I was actually referring to reincarnations there, though perhaps being overgenerous in my estimated timeline- I believe that we live, we die, have a quick stop in the Summerlands to catch up with all our old friends and family, choose which lessons we want to (or need to) learn in our next lives and carry on.
And before anyone says "But if you believe in reincarnation, won't some people already have been reborn by the time you get there?", I'll say this: Schrodinger's Cat :cat:

But I am looking up family history too. The real nitty-gritty stuff- i.e. looking into the less known clans whose blood I share- will have to wait until I get settled in Edinburgh this September, but with that I've got to the 1400's on my dad's side and the 1100's on my mum's side. Strangely enough, there is a "Harry James Potter" in my family tree...purely coincidental, right?
Q.Araignee

Postby DucksRMagical » Friday 27 June 2008 2:15:27pm

Oh, that's cool. I wish there was a Harry James Potter in my family tree! When I was at Ellis Island in NYC I tried tracing my family's history but ran out of time. Both sides of my family came to the US through Ellis Island. My dad's side from Ireland and my mom's side from Russia and Eastern Europe. Someone on my mom's side was wanted by the Russian secret police and changed his name when he came here. He never told anyone his real name, so who knows who I'm related to. :lol:
DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

PreviousNext

Return to The Great Hall