Favorite/Least Favorite Actors for the HP Movies

Have you seen the movies, either in the cinema theatre, or on video or DVD, or thinking of seeing them? Share your views here.

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Snow_Crystal

Postby platinumstepper » Friday 28 May 2004 3:41:48pm

I think that ron and the twins were the perfect characters for the movies they are exactly what I imagined when reading the books. Also, I imagined Hagrid to be bigger. The movies were great even if the characters need improvement.[/img][/b]
platinumstepper
Second Year

Criticizing ;)

Postby Reverie Revenge » Sunday 30 May 2004 7:50:48pm

Kaizer wrote:i think Crabbe and Goyle should have looked meaner and bigger

i really liked Mrs Weasely

Aunt Petunia isnt at all what i would have imagined...she's pretty!

Dudley could have been fatter

lol, i am in a really negative mood today arent i? lol :grin:

Well, Kaizer (Soze:) critical 8) mood, I'd say. I don't think Crabbe & Goyle look violent enough, they're just 2 fat Dudleys :evil:

I agree, Mrs Weasley can't get any better :grin: And aunt Petunia is far too pretty for uncle Vernon :razz:

Pannalid, I disagree with you - Dumbledore has to be sincere in my opinion. He can be sincere and have sense of humor at the same time, don't you think?

Lockhart wasn't interpreted according my imagination but Kenneth B. (can't spell :oops: ) made a really good narcisoid job :grin:

The guy who plays Filch is brilliant, spooky&slimy!!!

Though I like Emma Thompson like an actress I don't like her as Trelawney. She's far too young and not thin enough. Trelawney should look more like a mummy, more esoteric ...

But there is sth. else interesting: on the CoS DVD there is an interview where young & older actors tell us about their characters. All the children actors have brilliant conduct - I'd like to put out esp. the guy who plays Neville, he's great! And Bonnie Wright looks less mature when she's in her private style, with pinky earflaps and silver jacket :grin: Is she maybe a raver? She's cool too. Tokm Felton is a true professional, like his ''daddy'' Jason.
But the Rickman's interview sucks. I'm very sorry :cry: to say so - I liked him as Snape & I like the velvet metaphor - but on DVD he tells us nothing interesting at all.
Jason Isaacs is a completely different person :o when he stops wearing Lucius' expression though he's still in Lucius' cloak. Great actor! I liked him also in the ''female'' role in Sweet November. But I didn't like this movie :evil: going offtopic, have to stop.
Reverie Revenge
Funny Freaky Fulfiled Fascinating Feminist Freethinker

Postby danemma_4ever » Friday 8 December 2006 4:17:59am

Cho Chang & Cedric Diggory far from what i imagined.
danemma_4ever
Second Year

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Friday 8 December 2006 5:20:13am

Dan Radcliffe is a perfecly fine Harry Potter - until he has to show some real emotion. When that happens, what tends to follow are some slightly poor pieces of acting.

But that can only come with maturity - he's definitely getting better. Maybe in ten years...
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby Melonika » Sunday 10 December 2006 11:42:05pm

Maggie Smith and Alan Rickman do a wonderful job!
Melonika
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Simatra » Tuesday 12 December 2006 9:10:13pm

Dan Radcliffe is a perfecly fine Harry Potter - until he has to show some real emotion. When that happens, what tends to follow are some slightly poor pieces of acting.

that's so true! He dose great until he has to show high emotion. And there's a lot of that in the next movie.
Simatra
Gryffindor Prefect and Mistress of Magic, Order, and Books

Postby Alexandra » Saturday 20 January 2007 1:54:03am

I agree. I don't like Dan's acting at all. Emma is a good actor I think and Rupert is acting Ron perfectly!
Alexandra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: An empty classroom like every other smart beeee!!!!

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Saturday 20 January 2007 8:47:12am

Melonika wrote:Maggie Smith and Alan Rickman do a wonderful job!

I agree- Alan Rickman is an awesome actor.

I'm not too fond of Daniel and Emma though.
Rupert's alright- he plays Ron very well (he's the best of the trio I reckon) and the Twins are good at their characters too...
Scarlet Lioness
Keeper of the Claws, Co-Owner of the Juice Bar and Prefect of Gryffindor

Postby SunsetG|rl » Saturday 20 January 2007 9:45:41am

Thumbs up for Alan Rickman. I really liked him. I think he's a great actor, too. Also I like Rupert. I can't really picture Ron with a different face (maybe just because I saw the movie first :oops: )

But I wasn't so much into Emma Watson. I have the feeling she is like reading her lines.

I also thought Moody was a bad choice. Not for the acting but for how he looked...
SunsetG|rl
Moon Bunny Chaser

Postby Alexandra » Saturday 20 January 2007 8:22:30pm

I know, I didn't like Moody at all. He was too fat I think .
Alexandra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Simatra » Saturday 20 January 2007 11:15:34pm

Well they didn't make his eye big enough.
Simatra

Postby Alexandra » Sunday 21 January 2007 3:25:02am

And they were showing too much how he drinks potion...
Alexandra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Tuesday 23 January 2007 11:27:14pm

I don't like the new Dumbledore. He's to sinister. To Gandalf. But the other one was a bit to happy-magician. Not studious enough.
GodrictheGriffon
Unspeakable and Princess of Polar Bears

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby Spirit5960 » Tuesday 29 May 2007 12:09:39am

I absolutely hate Michael Gambon as Dumbledore. One of my signatures on another forum says "Snape didn't kill Dumbledore. Michael Gambon did." He's so unlike Dumbledore. I cringe whenever he's in a scene. I'm probably going to cry due to his performance as Dumbledore in OotP. Harris didn't do a particularly good job as Dumbledore either. He's just ruined. *sigh*

On a more positive note, I really like Maggie Smith as McGonagall and Alan Rickman as Snape. I think Emma Watson also does a good job at being Hermione, and also Rupert Grint as Ron. Oh, and the guy that plays Voldemort... can't remember his name... I think he captured Voldemort's creepiness pretty well. And I guess Dan Radcliffe does an okay job... some of his acting has made me cringe a few times ("Hermione! Bad dream!").
Spirit5960
Squib

Postby Simatra » Tuesday 29 May 2007 5:52:00pm

I agree on the whole DD thing. He makes a terrible DD! They asked the guy who played Gandalf to do it, but he didn't want the job. He said he didn't want to take another job like that for a while.
Simatra

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies