What is Voldemort Trying to do?

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Snow_Crystal » Monday 8 August 2005 2:13:15pm

Tanuki wrote:I don't think Slytherin would approve of what is going on. i get the feeling he wasn't fond of muggles because of their rather inconsistent trustworthyness at the time. He had good reason to think the way he did. We never heard of Slytherin's campaigns against muggles.

Only just read this thread - A word of caution be careful with what you agree with. JKR as Thestral points out based LV on Hitler and the victimisation of Jews on the victimisation of muggles and muggle-born wizards are also linked.

JKR's message to us in the end is that Good should always outweigh evil which is why it is written from Harry's (Good) point of view.
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Tanuki » Monday 8 August 2005 11:42:56pm

What I was trying to say is the Slytherin would not think as he did then, now. I think his opinion would have changed, and I think his spirit will probably think more like Slughorn. Then again, I could be having too much faith in the friend of Gryphindor
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Amythest » Thursday 11 August 2005 2:33:15am

I beleive that he does not want to kill all muggles, but simply not allow them into "his" world, or the magical world. This keeps "mud-bloods" and mixed marriges out of the question.
Way to go interbreeding! Hey, One lousy chromosone and half of European royalty were hemophiliacs. :o Wouldn't it be interesting if vold ended up banished into some deep south inbreed KKK crazy house or something...bit of a taste of his own medicine. lol.:lol:
Anywho, I beleive he wishes to seperate from the muggles and muggle world as much as possible, and if he ends up trending on them, oh well, they are so far inferior that it doesnt matter what happens in there world...in a way becoming a type of terrorist i suppose...i mean, he would have to let all his evil creatures wreak their reward some how. :evil:
tear for humanity. :cry:
Amythest
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Location: Testing out the rollerblades through the hallways of hagwarts

Postby Amythest » Thursday 11 August 2005 2:47:14am

PS, no really, post script. On the whole Hitler thing, it was his grandmother, though i beleive on his paternal side, since he did grow up to reject all things that his father left him. He also was not of the "aryan race" as he did not have light hair or eyes. Further note of irony, he was studying to be a painter in Venice when he met rejection, sending him bitterly to Germany...
(I know, Hitler painting houses and feilds of flowers? Well, then again, stalin was training to be a monk when he responded to a different calling.)
Amythest

Location: Testing out the rollerblades through the hallways of hagwarts

Postby Nicolas Flamel » Wednesday 4 January 2006 11:33:21pm

just like voldy rejects his father's stuff (muggleness etc)[/i]
Nicolas Flamel

Previous

Return to Theories