BOOK 7 IDEAS ON WHATS TO HAPPEN!

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Favorite couple in book 6

Ron and Lavender
7%
Harry and Ginny
93%
Ginny and Dean
No votes

Total votes : 41

Postby Fweegal » Thursday 21 July 2005 12:50:37pm

lol, nothing stops Ginny, it seems.
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Stumpy » Thursday 21 July 2005 2:47:32pm

And i'm glad thats the case cos she adds even more depth to the story line!
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Fweegal » Thursday 21 July 2005 2:50:25pm

Yep. Favourite character.
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby crystallised_pineapple » Saturday 23 July 2005 11:54:30am

yeah mine too... shes changed sooo much since GOF and its great to read about her now, esp. when she started shouting at ron in the corridor lol... :grin:
crystallised_pineapple
Queen of The Pixies

Location: three broomsticks :D surrounded by empty butterbeer bottles...he he

Postby Fweegal » Saturday 23 July 2005 12:00:08pm

And in the Joke shop...
She has her mother's temper and her brothers' sense of humour.

lol, what a catch! :oops:
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby thestral » Saturday 23 July 2005 3:11:25pm

my brother's words about ginny after HBP:
"she seems like a sexy wee thing"

and i have to listen to this....*shakes head*
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby Fweegal » Saturday 23 July 2005 3:16:30pm

hahahaha!
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby pheonixrising » Sunday 31 July 2005 6:20:48pm

i have wanted to sewe that couple since the end of book 2 and i dont think it is over i can almost see fred and george telling harry to keep ginny near him and to keep her safe otherwise that will be one short book as they would kill harry
pheonixrising
Fourth Year

Postby thestral » Sunday 31 July 2005 10:18:11pm

i have the feeling that harry should fear for his life more because of the weasley brothers rather than LV if he abandons ginny now. 6 older brothers would be a formidable force, and i don't think they'd be too pleased with the way harry left their sister high and dry....and fred and george can do horrible, horrible things....
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby Athena Appleton » Monday 1 August 2005 2:09:31am

I voted for the Harry and Ginny thing, but there's so much more to it. I LOVED all the parts leading up to it, to the point where Harry's got these crazy obsessive thoughts going around his head about Ginny and Dean. Also, Ron and Hermione weren't even listed, and while I really liked the Harry/Ginny thing, I've loved watching Rowling get Ron and Herimone together. They're perfect for each other. :grin:
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Snow_Crystal » Thursday 4 August 2005 3:02:17pm

I want to see some flashbacks so we can see Lily and James's history, why Snape signed up as a DE, how Lily and James died, so so many things - all unexplained!!
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Athena Appleton » Friday 5 August 2005 2:53:22am

Snowy wrote:I want to see some flashbacks so we can see Lily and James's history, why Snape signed up as a DE, how Lily and James died, so so many things - all unexplained!!

I agree with wanting to know more about James and Lily's history, but I think Snape's choice to become a Death Eater is pretty clear.

He was raised in an abusive home by a witch mother and a muggle father. In the same kind of logic that Tom Riddle used when he became angry with his mother's refusal to use magic to better things for herself and him, Snape probably had some feelings that his mother COULD have turned his father into a warthog rather than be abused and allow him to be mentally and physically abused. In fact, by the time he was probably old enough to go to Hogwarts, he probably (like many children raised in a home with a downtrodden mother and an abusive father) had a deep sense of hate and a desire to "get even" with his father. That can snowball quickly, to where you're fantasizing about violence against any minor injustice. Since his situation didn't improve much when he arrived at school, things just got worse, so much to the point that he was this thoroughly resentful, angry young man. Then comes this powerful Dark Lord who can punish all those do-gooder snobs from school, and who probably welcomed Snape, with his talent and his not-so-sparkly personality, with open arms.
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Snow_Crystal » Friday 5 August 2005 3:43:06pm

I dunno, I still feel Snape could turn out to be good somehow. I reckon Wormtail was sent to spy on Snape. I was reading the chapter Spinner's End again last night and I still feel that he's good.

I reckon Snape thinks Wormtail is there to help him as he put it but in fact Wormtail is on a secret LV mission to actually spy on him. I reckon Wormtail is going to have a big part to play in the final instalment.

Just a thought.
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Lelie » Friday 5 August 2005 3:46:52pm

don't forget that wormtail still owes harry some sort of debt for saving his life. it will be interesting how that little tidbit will play itself out.
oh, and yes snowy, i'm with you. i want that info on lily and james SO BAD! i was so sure it was going to be in 6. :(
Lelie
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Snow_Crystal » Friday 5 August 2005 3:55:52pm

It's so painful isn't it - I really need to know!!
Snow_Crystal

PreviousNext

Return to The Books