BOOK 7 IDEAS ON WHATS TO HAPPEN!

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Favorite couple in book 6

Ron and Lavender
7%
Harry and Ginny
93%
Ginny and Dean
No votes

Total votes : 41

Postby Fweegal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 11:25:01am

Right so, here are my thoughts on the possible plot.

-Harry, Hermione and Ron join the Order of the Phoenix.
-Ginny might be going on their quest too. Has anyone been able to get her to change her mind in the past?!
-There doesn't necssarily have to be any mention of Hogwarts whatsoever, but I would be suprised if the place does not figure largely.
The Governors might shut it down.
-Lucius will find some way out of Azkaban.

-Neville will have a key role to play, but might get killed. Possibly he kills Bellatrix before LV kills him.
-Professor McGonagall has a larger part to play. She is an Animagus after all. And was barely in the last two books.
-Bill Weasley will have some side effects from that werewolf incident. Perhaps they come in handy. Lupin needs a break from werewof spying after all!
-Lupin dies. I dunno, I can just see it coming.
-Dumbledore is not completely gone. Fawkes' dissapearance from Hogwarts is interesting after his funeral lament.
-Sirius makes a comeback. Either that or his death was far too lame for Rowling.

-All Weasleys, Hermione and Harry survive. Otherwise there will be no happy ending. And there will be a happy ending.
-Voldemort dies. But perhaps not by Harry's hand. Snape surely has more to offer than a half-comical run off.
-Gawp the giant has a role to play.
-Hagris might very well die. Possibly by protecting Harry.

-JKR has said that Harry survives the 7th book, but perhaps not into adulthood. A flash forward sequence perhaps.
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 11:40:41am

I hope Neville takes his revenge on the LeStranges and that Lupin doesn't die. I can't face Harry losing another one of his parents pals.

I think Harry, Ron and Hermione joining the order would be good but somehow I'm not sure on this one completely. harry will have enough to do so I think he might keep Lupin and McGonagall up-to-date with what he's doing but no-one else as they seem intent on protecting him. As for the Weasleys letting Ron join, think again Mrs Weasley won't have that unless something particularly serious happens.
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Fweegal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 11:43:02am

I doubt she was too keen on Fred and George quitting Hogwarts. Or Bill joining the Order.

Her kids are as headstrong as she is!
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Stumpy » Wednesday 20 July 2005 12:10:35pm

Lupin will head up the Order and McGonagall well be the link at the school and I think Mr Weasley will be Harry's connection to the ministry. I think this as if you notice throughout the books Harry places alot of trust in Mr Weasley and its obvious that Mr Weasley has alot of faith in him, with the re checking of the Dursley's house!
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby horcrux hunter911 » Wednesday 20 July 2005 12:52:50pm

lupin would make a good head of order but i see harry's journey being more independent so i dont think he'll be in the order but i wouldnt be surprised to see it
horcrux hunter911
Second Year

Postby Fweegal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 12:54:51pm

I can't see why he wouldn't be in it.
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Stumpy » Wednesday 20 July 2005 1:07:34pm

I think he hope it will cos it will aid him and his developement
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Dacre » Wednesday 20 July 2005 5:49:52pm

I think Neville will turn out to be important some-how, just get that feeling from the way JK keeps mentioning his anger at V for his parents, and despite not being great, he is braver than you'd expect.
I also expect that DD has left a note of some sort for Harry (even if he didn't plan / fake) his own death.
Dacre
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Running away from violent women in the Griffindor common room

Postby Froggs » Wednesday 20 July 2005 5:54:12pm

Dacre wrote:I think Neville will turn out to be important some-how, just get that feeling from the way JK keeps mentioning his anger at V for his parents, and despite not being great, he is braver than you'd expect.
I also expect that DD has left a note of some sort for Harry (even if he didn't plan / fake) his own death.

Yes, I agree about Neville. After all, he and Luna were the only ones to answer Hermione's summons. He is braver, and I think maybe stronger, than he appears.
Froggs
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Stumpy » Wednesday 20 July 2005 6:26:04pm

I agree with foggy as we dont hear this year bout Nev messing up at all and he does help out when called upon
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby blowtorch » Wednesday 20 July 2005 6:37:46pm

Fweegal wrote:1 -Lupin dies. I dunno, I can just see it coming.
2 -Dumbledore is not completely gone. Fawkes' dissapearance from Hogwarts is interesting after his funeral lament.
3 -Sirius makes a comeback. Either that or his death was far too lame for Rowling.
4 -All Weasleys, Hermione and Harry survive. Otherwise there will be no happy ending. And there will be a happy ending.
5 -Voldemort dies. But perhaps not by Harry's hand. Snape surely has more to offer than a half-comical run off.

1. I hope not.. I mean hasn't Harry seen enough people known/related to him die?
2 & 3. I doubt that seriously. They are both dead. They may communicate with Harry in some way, but no comebacks.
4. Wouldn't that be terrific? Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ginny would be the perfect ending.
5. Duh.. Voldemort dies... I mean the story won't end unless he does, right? But I don't think that Snape will be the one to do it. Harry IS the "Chosen One" - chosen by Voldemort himself...
blowtorch
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Ending to the story?

Postby digby202 » Thursday 21 July 2005 6:37:05am

I dunno, JK might just blow out on us all and have Harry just destroy VD main horcrux (his body) without destroying the rest of the Horcruxes. After all, researching, discovering and destroying 4 minor horcruxes scattered far and wide AND unravelling the seemingly never-ending amount of mysteries in this story, along with killing the most powerful Dark wizard of the age could take alot of writing.

Imagine how cool it would be if there was an 8th book!!!(no need to comment just hoping)

Also i think Harry must return to Hogwarts for some reason or another, for at least part of the year, since the (seemingly) whole reason there were 7 books was because of the 7 years at Hogwarts. If Harry wasnt going to even be at Hogwarts as a full time student for the 7th book, why couldnt there be even more books for the hell of it.

Another off-topic random thingie, a good excuse for the story to take place at Hogwarts would be if the Horcruxes were at Hogwarts itself! This would cut down on alot of travelling time etc. and could be possible, since as mentioned in HBP VD (Tom Riddle version) loved Hogwarts like his home. Perhaps this could be a second reason as to why he wanted someone stationed at Hogwarts, and why he visited Hogwarts to ask for a job.

Couple of random thoughts there.
digby202
Second Year

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Thursday 21 July 2005 7:09:53am

I really think Neville and Lupin will play better roles in the last book because Lupin may be one of the main people in the Order or may even lead the Order and Neville I hope will kill Bellatrix as revenge for his parents...
Scarlet Lioness
Keeper of the Claws, Co-Owner of the Juice Bar and Prefect of Gryffindor

Postby Snow_Crystal » Thursday 21 July 2005 9:33:27am

I only thought about this yesterday - do we really think the Order of the Phoenix can continue? The Phoenix has gone - more on this in the feed called Who will lead the Order...
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Squeak28 » Thursday 21 July 2005 12:48:38pm

Harry can still talk to DD in the office. He can talk to his portraid anyway.

I think LV will inflict a devestating blow to Harry but harry will kill him in the end.

Ginny won't be stopped by harry's worries.
Squeak28
Muggle

PreviousNext

Return to The Books