Titles!

If you have any questions or problems, or are having difficulties logging on, post here for help.

Moderator: Gwared

Postby azn wizard » Monday 3 March 2003 5:55:45am

tkx...may i be "keeper of the moons"?
azn wizard
Keeper Of The Moons

Postby Hermione » Monday 3 March 2003 2:29:36pm

That's a cool one . . . I think I passed the qualifications to receive a title long ago . . . *checks post count* yup. But I still have to think of one. I'm having difficulty deciding between

Pervading Fragrance- It's the name of a character in Dream of the Red Chamber, a Chinese classic. Also, my Chinese name means Peaceful Fragrance, and since I'm always around, I'm sort of a Pervading Fragrance . . . um, right. Anyway.

The other one I was thinking of was A Curious Whim because I seem to be exactly that, too. Or . . . what about Evenstar? Or Resident Muse? I think I like

1) Pervading Fragrance
2) A Curious Whim
3) Resident Muse

the best. And maybe I like Resident Muse a bit more than the other two . . . you see why I haven't asked yet? :)
Hermione
Hogwarts Librarian and Resident Muse

Postby Hermione » Monday 3 March 2003 2:48:34pm

Ah ha! I have an idea. I'll wait for fifty more posts (then I reach 200!) and ask for a title then . . . maybe I'll have made up my mind by then. I hope so . . .

But for now, I think I'm going to choose Resident Muse . . .
Hermione

Postby MikeT » Monday 3 March 2003 6:42:38pm

yay! Is my title changed then?
MikeT
The Eeking Snail

Postby azn wizard » Monday 3 March 2003 9:56:44pm

Hermione wrote:Pervading Fragrance- It's the name of a character in Dream of the Red Chamber, a Chinese classic. Also, my Chinese name means Peaceful Fragrance, and since I'm always around, I'm sort of a Pervading Fragrance . . . um, right. Anyway.

pervading fragranc....i forgot who she was....whut number was she???
azn wizard
Keeper Of The Moons

Postby Hermione » Monday 3 March 2003 10:01:44pm

I'm not sure what you mean by what number she was, but she was Pao-Yu's favorite handmaiden. I don't remember much about her, except that after Pao-Yu died, she was going to remain loyal to him for the rest of her life. But then, Pao-Yu's family set up a marriage for her. Pervading Fragrance wanted to commit suicide so she could remain loyal to Pao-Yu, but it turned out that her new family was so kind to her that she couldn't bear to bring the curse of death upon them. If you've read Dream of the Red Chamber, you probably remember how superstitious Chinese people are :)
Hermione

Postby azn wizard » Monday 3 March 2003 10:07:43pm

yes....trust me....i know how superstitious they can be....my grandma alwayz wears red and is alwayz upset when i wear white
azn wizard
Keeper Of The Moons

Postby Hermione » Monday 3 March 2003 10:25:46pm

You're Chinese, too!!!! For some reason I never thought of that. I'll blame it on my school. There are only about three Chinese people in my school (including me), and the other two are convinced that they're anything but Chinese, so I've grown a little too used to assuming that I'm the only person who knows anything about Chinese culture, since I'm always the one people go to for answers :)

I have my own stories about superstitious relatives to share, too, if you're interested, but I won't bring the thread off topic. :D

Another title I was thinking of was Sun Maiden. Or Sun Goddess. Or Star Princess . . . or something celestial related. Someone help me! I can't make up my mind!!
Hermione

Postby Sacred Guardian » Monday 3 March 2003 10:33:51pm

Unfortunatly Hermione, i don't think you can get a title because you are a chaser for Ravenclaw, but i don't know, you could get another, the only other i know of who has 2 titles is Sonkem, but she's a Mod of a house automaticly making her a prefect and she's our seeker. But you should ask paul
Sacred Guardian
Hufflepuff Prefect, Hufflepuff Chaser and Hogwarts' Master of Secrets

Postby Hermione » Monday 3 March 2003 10:42:55pm

Hrmph. All that trouble for nothing. I think House players can still get titles . . .
Hermione

Postby Hermione » Monday 3 March 2003 10:45:27pm

Well, I just scrolled back a bit, and I think Paul said that the only titles you can't chose are those of the Quidditch house players, because they're selected through a request-process or something like that, but he didn't say anything about house players not being able to chose their own titles. That would be too unfair.

Paul? Help? I've gotten way too overexcited . . . someone calm me down.

Did you know that if you switched two letters in calm you get clam? So you could be a calm clam.
Hermione

Postby azn wizard » Tuesday 4 March 2003 7:05:51am

Hermione wrote:There are only about three Chinese people in my school (including me)

hah :-) ...guess im luckier than u there....my schoolz 75% asian and 65% of the asians speak mandarin""
azn wizard
Keeper Of The Moons

Postby Paul » Tuesday 4 March 2003 1:34:26pm

Quidditch players can have additional titles too provided they've reached the necessary post count. It's just that they loose the automatic First Year, Second Year etc ranking. I've made you Resident Muse for now Hermione (I think that's the one you wanted?) but if you wish to change later, just ask again and I'll amend things :)

Azn Wizard - pleased to say you're now Keeper Of The Moons :)
Paul
Minister of Magic and Headmaster of Hogwarts

Location: Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, England

Postby MikeT » Tuesday 4 March 2003 6:29:11pm

what aboute mine Paul? mine aint changed?
MikeT
The Eeking Snail

Postby Hermione » Tuesday 4 March 2003 9:04:18pm

Hrmph. Why can't I go to your school? I have to go to an 8-week long summer program in Harvard to learn Chinese. I mean, I could learn it at home, too, but my parents are too busy to teach me how to write and read in it . . .

Mike, Paul already explained before that you have to have a minimum of 125 posts before you can have your own title. Please be patient- everyone has to go through what you're going through, too. :)
Hermione

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Related Questions and Problems