Half Blood Prince

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Mistress Siana » Saturday 23 April 2005 2:01:37am

Evil Wizard Petting Zoo wrote: maybe at one time it was a monarchy like every country in the world was back in the day and the hbp is coming back to take over the ministry because it is "rightly his".

That would be cool! Kick Fudge out of office, man! Honestly, I like the idea, but I think we had enough of politics in OotP.
However, the title of ministry may suggest a democracy, but the wizard society lacks every principle of democracy there is. The minister of magic is not even elected. It's a kind of aristocracy, I think. Maybe we'll really get to see a revolution...and maybe the HBP fits somewhere in there.
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby meggs » Sunday 24 April 2005 1:41:59am

[quote: "'Fine!' yelled Harry, and in his temper, red and gold sparks shot out of the end of his wand, still clutched in his hand." pp35 OotP] Hey all, I was re-reading ootp and noticed this and it reminded me of the possibility of GG being the half blood prince. I just thought it was an interesting quote to pull out, and was wondering what other people think it means [i think it's a subtle hint that harry is some how related to GG] I think it could relate to GG being the hbp cuz then jkr could go into more depth about gg, but still relate the story back to hp. [/quote]
meggs
Squib

Postby Fleur » Sunday 8 May 2005 1:51:03am

Phaerie wrote:I know this is vaguely weird, but i think it could be Tom Riddle. I know that Riddle is Voldemort and JK said it wasn't Voldemort,
My reasoning being

In one of the books (CoS i think) it says Riddle changed a great deal to become voldemort and very few people knew they were one and the same person. Hence they could be considered as seperate entities.

He was introduced in CoS

He is a half blood

He is the heir of Slytherin, wouldn't this make him kind of like a prince. I know this isn't exactly royalty. But the wizarding community doesn't appear to have a royal family, and i doubt JK would really use the English royal family.

I think (could somebody confirm this). JK said in an interview that we were going to find out what lead Voldemort to become what he is. So find out more about his childhood. Riddle was his teenage self.
I agree,there is clues. At the the end of GOF he did get a new body. the half blood thing is true. at first i was like that is so not gona happin,but i do think it is a possability
Fleur
Muggle

Postby Evil Wizard Petting Zoo » Wednesday 25 May 2005 1:40:28am

I think JKR said that since Tom Riddle is LV that Tom can't possibly be the HBP. Not too sure on that fact, just pulled it from my memory. Anyhow, I can't wait for Fudge to get the boot! Stick it to the man! I just hope his replacement is better than he was. Who knows? Maybe compared to this new fellow, Fudge was awesome.
Evil Wizard Petting Zoo
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Iluvatar » Friday 27 May 2005 3:57:41pm

I don't know if this has been said before. It's just an idea though. Perhaps the halfblood is indeed royalty. That s to say we don't know much about other countries in Harry Potter. We know that in England there is a Ministry of Magic but not about other countries. Could it be that the Half Blood Prince is in fact the Prince of a foreign country and that he is born of a wizard and a muggle for example. I know that there are other ministries of Magic yet they are merely responsible for the Magical world and do not interfere with the governing bodies of the Muggles. Thus it's plausible that the King or Queen of a nation in the Muggle world has married a wizard or Witch and thus brouht up a gifted Halfblood. This would also be a good basis for explaining Muggle wizard relation and elaborating on this topic further. more proof to discredit voldemort and the purebloods who believe that they are better than Muggles and Halfbloods
Iluvatar
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Saturday 28 May 2005 4:45:34am

Yes, I think it's about time another strong Half-Blood comes into the scene.
'Till we find out though, I'm still saying that it's Grawpy lol :grin: . I just have that feeling.
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby Fleur » Sunday 29 May 2005 2:46:33am

As every one knows, JKR comes up with a new way to surprise us in each book. Now,correct me if im wrong but, I think I remember neval longbottom as a half wizerd. So,as this books surprises, neval could be the HBP. He is the least suspectant, so there is a possibilaty. But thats just a theory :???:
Fleur
Muggle

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Sunday 29 May 2005 4:01:04am

Neville's parents were both magical.
Though it's hard to define Half-Blood, because basically every family has some sort've association with muggles. Maybe even a Malfoy married a muggle once, and was kicked out of the family.
Hmm... really though, I don't think it's Neville. We'll see.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby mizzie » Monday 30 May 2005 12:26:44am

I think that the HBP could be a girl. Well, here's my theory:

Perhaps the HBP was the child of royalty, and they were expecting a boy to take heir to the throne, then they had a baby girl. So, the whole title is sort of a play on words. The child was supposed to be a prince, but ended up being a girl.

So, I think that it could be Tonks. Just look at her name: Nymphadora. It is a powerful name, and perhaps a royal one. So, maybe she doesn't like it because it reminds her to much of her past, and of her family. Plus, JKR wouldn't introduce someone just for the heck of it! She has to be important somehow, so, why can't she be the tragic HBP!?

mizzie♪♪
mizzie
Squib

Postby Ginny Potter » Monday 30 May 2005 12:51:29am

Didn't JKR reveal a description of the HBP online somewhere? I don't want to post it because I don't know how to write something in white text so that those who wish to be unspoiled won't get spoiled. Suffice to say, I think it's a man...most likely a man we haven't been introduced to yet. That's the way the excerpt read to me, anyway. If someone can tell me how I could post it with it only being visible if you highlight it, that would be great! Perhaps the HBP is the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher? :???: (if I'm suggesting things already suggested, my apologies!)
Ginny Potter
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: At Starbucks, whenever possible, reading and loading up on caffeine. :)

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Tuesday 31 May 2005 9:41:24am

Well the new DADA teacher would be the most obvious choice. After all, if it is a new character then that's one spot we know can be taken by a stranger.
As for Tonks, I have a question to put foward.
A metamorphmagus can change their physical appearance, right? But can they change from female to male and vice-versa? At least one the outside. In this way, it could be Tonks, if she were to enter the school claiming to be some Prince from somewhere, taking on the appearance of a man.
Highly unlikely of course, but one of the only ways Tonks could be the HBP from the info we know now.
Still Grawp as far as I'm concerned......... Nobody listens!!!!! :grin: :grin:
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Tuesday 31 May 2005 10:21:44am

Oh yeah.... I never thought of Grawp as the HBP... good brain power going on their, He could be the HBP but I think It will be someone not yet introduced because JK loves to introduce new and exciting characters....Like Tonks for example she's awesome!!!
Scarlet Lioness
Keeper of the Claws, Co-Owner of the Juice Bar and Prefect of Gryffindor

Postby Broccoli » Tuesday 31 May 2005 1:40:08pm

Hermione Potter wrote:Didn't JKR reveal a description of the HBP online somewhere?

I remember the description you seem to be referring to, but we actually aren't told who this man is.

If someone can tell me how I could post it with it only being visible if you highlight it, that would be great!

The invisible text is not really welcomed and can therefore result in an exclusion from search engines, that's why the option of changing text colour has been disabled at BaO. So you can't use the invisible writing anymore!
Broccoli
Slytherin Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Slytherin Chaser

Postby sirius_lives_forever » Wednesday 29 June 2005 10:54:37pm

i believe that it will be seamus finnigan. because in the first book/movie he says, his dad was a muggle and his mum was a witch, bit of a nasty trick when he found out. i dont get why she would plainly have him say that if it didnt have any importance to the story
sirius_lives_forever
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: In detention with Umbridge.I must not tell lies.....

Postby sirius_lives_forever » Thursday 30 June 2005 8:01:26pm

nevilles parents are both definately magical, they were both in the order of the pheonix. and now they are both in st. mungos
sirius_lives_forever
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: In detention with Umbridge.I must not tell lies.....

PreviousNext

Return to Theories