Half Blood Prince

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Memphis » Friday 11 February 2005 3:08:46am

First, please, note that I'm very tired and when I'm tired, strange things come to my mind...

The HBP is supposed to be connected with the CoS. Well, in this book we've actually met something "royal" -- the king of the serpents, Salazar's basilisk (in Latin basilicus means royal). If we can consider "prince" as a heir to someone, what if it's some offspring of a basilisk and there're more things hidden in the Chamber? That would make prince not a person, but an animal or maybe something part-human? Hmm, I'm confusing even myself now...

Quoted by Phinea

This is very interseting, cause from what i have heard, the Chambers of secrets will play an important part in HBP. Could there be someone else down the. LV has a pet snake Nagini, maybe the basilisk was the princes pet snake?????
Memphis
Muggle

Postby Memphis » Friday 11 February 2005 3:10:48am

Sorry all, this isn't a quote, I meant to write this. Sorry for the double reply

Quoted by Phinea

This is very interseting, cause from what i have heard, the Chambers of secrets will play an important part in HBP. Could there be someone else down the. LV has a pet snake Nagini, maybe the basilisk was the princes pet snake?????

:oops:
Memphis
Muggle

Postby Nightcrawler » Friday 11 February 2005 2:36:14pm

Memphis, would you like one of the mods to use thier magical powers to fix your posts?
Nightcrawler
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Underneath a sheet of corigated tin by the side of the road.

Postby Mistress Siana » Thursday 14 April 2005 2:34:22am

I'm wondering...does the HBP have to be a person in the first place? What if it's a statue, a potion, a memory, a fairytale, a portrait, a book, a legend, a mountain, a tree, a war memorial or a new brand of firewhiskey?
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Amber » Friday 15 April 2005 12:39:44pm

Perhaps the HBP is some new caracter from a diffrent school that have moved and now begins at Hogwarts.. Thats one idea or perhaps it´s harry.. after all he speaks with snakes.. I give up.. trying to think about it only brings more and more thoughts on who the HBP is/are.. :???:
Amber
Second Year

Postby meggs » Saturday 16 April 2005 3:25:19am

hey, (first time going onto one of these things...bored from studying, and anxious for the next book) I'm not too sure about this whole introducing another character, or even elaborating on another character theory. I mean the books are, and always have been centralized around harry potter, i can't see jk making a really important character to rival hp. and jk by this point in the series has gotta start wrapping things up (true you can develope characters in a book, especially two long ones) but she's got a lot of stuff to explain and cover. So i gotta go with something a long the lines of it having to do with gg.
meggs
Squib

Postby hairypotsmoker » Saturday 16 April 2005 3:59:51am

I agree with megs to a degree, but I think they need to introduce another hottie wizard chick for Harry.
hairypotsmoker
Muggle

Postby theowl » Saturday 16 April 2005 4:40:14am

That's a pretty dumb name hairy...think you need to find another forum.

Back to meggs point, I think adding new characters would be pretty dumb at this point. We've grown to love the gang and I doubt the readers would enjoy a new person (especially since there's only two? books left) - ron, harry, and hermoine are just fine on their own.
theowl
Muggle

Postby carsten » Saturday 16 April 2005 2:13:01pm

meggs wrote:... So i gotta go with something a long the lines of it having to do with gg.
Welcome to BaO meggs :welcome:

I am not sure what to expect. On the one hand, I want riddles solved. The story has had enough weird turns and I expect JKR to sort things out a bit. A new major character would be a little bit like cheating herself out of an overly complex story line. On the other hand, the two remaining books are stories of their own and JKR has many pages to fill.

So I don't know what to expect. :???:
carsten
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby meggs » Monday 18 April 2005 1:49:20am

I agree that the next two books do have stories of their own, as we can read in each book there are new themes, as well as a continuation and deeper probe of themes from past books (like the idea of mudbloods being introduced in the first and being a central theme in the second.) I suppose jk could bring a completely new character and new theme to hbp but there are always links between the books, and the series would not be a series if jk didn't somehow link the overriding theme to the main harry potter plot points already (even if only a little) seen in the other books. And that's why out of all the mentioned theories about who the half blood prince is, i think gg suits it best, because using deductive reasoning of what themes/ideas already mentioned, what conclusions jk needs to make, and which ones she could make, (but doesn't necessarily need to) gg still fits in. GG was mentioned repeatedly throughout the other books, but was never talked about indepth, which leaves a lot of different story possibilities. but hey i could be completely wrong, and that'd be okay too...a big twist (as long as it makes sense and isn't too far fetched) would be a welcome surprise
meggs
Squib

Postby Mistress Siana » Wednesday 20 April 2005 12:43:37pm

meggs wrote:I'm not too sure about this whole introducing another character, or even elaborating on another character theory. I mean the books are, and always have been centralized around harry potter, i can't see jk making a really important character to rival hp.

That's exactly my opinion. I tend to think that the HBP is not a living person. I'm strongly leaning towards GG, too, but I still have the feeling that JKR might be leading us into a wrong direction. The HBP might not be a person in the first place.
Mistress Siana

I couldnt think.

Postby Bextra » Thursday 21 April 2005 6:19:03am

Maybe its hagrids brother or someone.
Any way how do you know its not Harry or Voldemort?
Bextra
Flame Retardent Girl, With Attitude

Location: Sitting on the roof of the owlery playing the harmonica.

Postby Mistress Siana » Thursday 21 April 2005 10:59:30am

JKR said so.
Mistress Siana

Postby Tanuki » Thursday 21 April 2005 8:35:51pm

Oh yeah, and Grawp is pure giant, just a small pure giant
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Evil Wizard Petting Zoo » Friday 22 April 2005 3:36:03pm

this whole "prince" part makes me think that the person is royalty, but the wizarding world is democratic or a republic not a monarchy right? so maybe at one time it was a monarchy like every country in the world was back in the day and the hbp is coming back to take over the ministry because it is "rightly his"

but thats only if the hbp isn't gryffindor (which is actually my first choice) and is a completely new character.
Evil Wizard Petting Zoo
Fully Qualified Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to Theories