Which girl would you like to see Harry be with?

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Who would you like to see Harry be with?

Hermione Granger, best friend
14%
Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister
44%
Cho Chang, his crush
9%
Luna Lovegood, an unusual Ravenclaw
14%
Parvati Patil, his date for the "Yule Ball"
2%
Someone Not Yet Introduced
12%
No One!
5%

Total votes : 207

Postby Cedric » Monday 14 March 2005 3:03:05am

its like one of them triangles of love. Ron gets jealous if hermy is talking to someone else (krum) and hermy got a little jealous with harry talking to Cho and ginny also still likes harry. but the hint that will make all this go away and give us the truth is harry's feelings.

Cho was just some hott girl. but once harry has feelings for one of his close friends that he actually hangs around and talks to, hermy, ginny, that one girl, can't remember her name, reads all the papers upside down anyway thats my thought on the subject.
Cedric
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Monday 14 March 2005 7:36:40am

Luna Lovegood (the one that reads the papers upside-down.)
I dunno whether I've said this before, but the only reason that Ginny was in the story at all in earlier books, was to provide a character as a love-interest in the later books. There is absolutely no point in the character of Ginny, if she is not meant to be with Harry.
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby Cedric » Monday 14 March 2005 6:18:41pm

yeah i can see where your coming from...luna thats the name yes...i wonder where luna comes into the story. or was her just being the daughter of the quibbler owner the only main part she had. there seems something special about her that the books haven't told us yet.
Cedric
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Tanuki » Monday 14 March 2005 6:42:42pm

If you think of Ginny as just some person for a main character to date or as a repository for some side character's seed, then you're doing her a grave injustice. She's strong, smart, and growing into a fine warrior. I think she will be invaluable to Harry's team, as strong as she is

Oh yes, and other characters who might seem useless

Justin Finch-Finchely
Dean Simmons
Dennis Creevy
Lee Jordan
Ernie McMillan
Hannah Abbott

Sometimes, characters are there to build the world someone lives in. They give the story flavor
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Cedric » Monday 14 March 2005 11:39:34pm

No, its not that Ginny is of no importance. It's just that I think Ginny is a side character that JKR's bringing into the full picture as more of an important person that we still have no clue who she is or what she is about.

I think that most of these side characters will either come into play more later on in the next two books, or JKR will use them as Voldemort victims.
Cedric
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Tuesday 15 March 2005 7:46:35am

I agree with every one of your points Tanuki. I am simply asking why JKR made Ginny have a major crush on Harry in the first two books. It was her whole character in 1&2, she didn't really play anything else, apart from at the CoS at the end.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Tanuki » Tuesday 15 March 2005 6:55:18pm

I've grown up around girls most of my life, and they love celebrities. Especially when they're attractive. Ginny has not only had the opportunity to meet such a celebrity, but he's a cool guy and he's spent time with her brother. This is what we call a natural reaction.
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Cedric » Tuesday 15 March 2005 7:05:59pm

Funny you should mention celebrities. Do you realize that it is always the girl that is in love with the celebrity. Think about it, guys don't go to a movie just to see a girl. We usually say, "oh she's hott" then leave the subject. But the girl will fall in love because he's handsome or she likes his character/the way he treats other people, kindness etc. just like Ginny has done with Harry. But as Ginny has done just like any other girl, they either get over that person so they can move on with their life or find someone else to dream over.

(if i'm wrong ladies, sorry this was just my opinion on the subject)

I just read the fist book in which Ginny appeared in, I am really starting to like her character and I'm thinking that she might just have a huge role to play seeing that she's been controlled by voldemort. So maybe Harry and her will be spending more time together! ;)
Cedric
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Tanuki » Tuesday 15 March 2005 7:10:17pm

I think he just might leave the D.A. in her care at some point
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Wednesday 16 March 2005 7:56:40am

Good idea. He might leave Hogwarts at some point, and she does seem to have pretty strong magical ability. She seems to be really powerful with the practical side of magic.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby wildchild123 » Sunday 3 April 2005 4:30:57pm

I would like to see harry with hermione because he argues to much with Cho. I find Luna Lovegood quite different from Harry and she is a bit dreamy and believes almost anything. Parvati is nice but she doesn't play much of a part in Harry Potter. Hermione and Harry argue a bit but they still go really well together as Hermione and Ron always argue.
wildchild123
Second Year

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Saturday 9 April 2005 6:23:03am

Yeah Harry and Cho just don't work. JKR more or less just used it as something to show how Harry was growing up etc.
Harry and Hermione would be intresting, and I'd have no problem with it at all, but I'm of the opinion that'll probably be Harry and Ginny, Ron and Hermione.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Hagger 9003 » Sunday 10 April 2005 11:00:57am

personally, i am tryin not to participate in any of these discussions, because it doesnt really matter to me. i just dont care. hermione would be good, ginny would be good, and so would luna. its just that this topic always causes massive arguments, which i absolutely hate. shipping wars are pointless and quite boring, so i dont bother. as long as its a good story.
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Tween_Luv » Monday 11 April 2005 12:06:49am

i would say Cho, but, it wouldn't work out, that was explicity said in the 5th book. but, i'd say maybe hermione..or ginny, or some character that hasn't been introduced yet!
Tween_Luv
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Cedric » Friday 15 April 2005 4:15:47am

I wonder if Draco is going to get a girl? I can't really imagine it personally, but if he did...who would it be?
Cedric
Fully Qualified Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to The Books