How will Voldemort die?

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Postby Tanuki » Wednesday 2 March 2005 9:35:56pm

Not just you. I'm speaking to Siana, phoenix, just mom and a whole lot of people... What makes you think Neville isn't. I think despite the image we have been given, he is very capable of revenge

Meh; I still say it makes no sense to kill him off just at teh end. I think this is just a clever ploy to get Hermione andRon together
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby nyjets10 » Wednesday 2 March 2005 10:40:04pm

I think Harry will use something that is in the MoM to kill Voldemont.
Obviously Harry cannot kill him with the AV curse. :D :grin: :) :-) :cool: :lol: 8-) :-?
nyjets10
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby nyjets10 » Wednesday 2 March 2005 10:41:52pm

I meant to type AK curse not AV :-?
nyjets10
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Mistress Siana » Thursday 3 March 2005 2:27:19am

Well...Personally, I don't see self-sacrifice as such a negative, pessimist kind of ending. Sad, yes, but heroic and, unlike revenge, not at all contradictory to a triumph of love over hate.
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Hagger 9003 » Thursday 3 March 2005 9:26:53pm

ok, ill try to clarify my position on the neville thing. neville has a big temptation to enact revenge on bella, and he has good reason. she robbed him of his parents, and he hates her. look at him in the OotP. he struggles so much when he gets captured that the death eater wants him stunned. but, i dont think he should take revenge. it would be so evil, and revenge is just pointless. the type of revenge that neville would enact would be spiteful, malicious, and mean. he has a reason, but he is a good guy, and revenge is not a good guy thing. i can see harry trying to stop him takin revenge on bella, while she is helpless, but i dont kno if he will or not. i hope he doesnt.

ur right, nyjets, i forgot about that room. i think its going to be important, but i dont see how it could be used to kill LV. the power in that room could be unleashed, and harry could use it, but i reckon that room will play a part in another bit of the story, and might not have anything to do with voldy's death. it sounds likely, but i cant see how it would happen.
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Tanuki » Friday 4 March 2005 3:23:19am

Not all heroes wear white hats, and some even get bloody revenge. Sometimes the path to a better future is mired in the blood of the evil. It has to be or they will continue to threaten the future. You can't save everyone. If Narcissa is allowed to live, she will continue to break out and will continue to try to bring Voldy's ideals to fruition. If Harry sacrifices himself, then all the prophesies we've seen have been pointless, since one has to live at the end.

The other sad reality; sometimes, we have to live on after we do certain things. That's what makes getting up the next day such a brave thing
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Hagger 9003 » Friday 4 March 2005 6:46:05pm

the prophecy doesnt say both must live, it says that neither can live while the other survives. i take that to mean the threat of the existence of hte other over their head, and preventing them enjoyin life, in whatever way they want.

i still think that voldie will be conquered by a mind battle. i just think it fits. im open to other suggestions tho.
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Tanuki » Saturday 5 March 2005 10:12:27pm

Voldy will totally die there
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Saturday 5 March 2005 10:22:13pm

the prophecy also says that one must die at the hand of the other. does that mean that one has to kill the other??
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby Tanuki » Saturday 5 March 2005 10:29:20pm

YES
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Saturday 5 March 2005 10:34:48pm

ok, then why are people (not specificaly on this forum) still posting that DD is gonna kill voldie?
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby Nightcrawler » Sunday 6 March 2005 6:29:33am

Because they're silly :razz: :lol:

I'm hoping Harry lives, but I admit that it is entirely possible for him to die.
Nightcrawler
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Underneath a sheet of corigated tin by the side of the road.

Postby Phinea Rogue » Sunday 6 March 2005 6:48:29pm

By the way, since he seems so afraid of death and wants immortality - do you think he'll "go on" after his death? Wouldn't he prefer to stay in this world as a ghost?
Phinea Rogue
Slytherin Prefect

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Sunday 6 March 2005 10:37:07pm

Nightcrawler wrote:Because they're silly :razz: :lol:

you just reminded me of a sped kid in my class. she says "YOURE SILLY!" like every 2 seconds!
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby Tanuki » Sunday 6 March 2005 11:12:22pm

Phinea Rogue wrote:By the way, since he seems so afraid of death and wants immortality - do you think he'll "go on" after his death? Wouldn't he prefer to stay in this world as a ghost?

I don't think there will be enough left of him for that after he is destroyed. I think even his soul will be eradicated
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

PreviousNext

Return to Characters