How will Voldemort die?

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Postby Tanuki » Thursday 17 February 2005 4:44:44pm

If Dumbledore is involved, then all that stuff about the prophecy is completely worthless
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Hagger 9003 » Thursday 17 February 2005 5:32:19pm

thinking about Dumbledore, remember one of hte questions that JKR said was really important? the one about why dumbledore didnt try to kill LV, or something? well, if he wasnt trying to kill him, what was he trying to do? just curious, because DD might do that to LV first. maybe it strips him of his powers, or would teleport him to the room with the love in it.
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Mistress Siana » Thursday 17 February 2005 11:03:37pm

It seems there is something about Voldemort that even Voldemort isn't aware of. He doesn't know about the prophecy, he obviously thinks DD would be able to kill him if he wanted, and also in the graveyard scene in GoF, he told his Death Eaters he was mortal again. And yet, Dumbledore knows he can't kill Voldemort, so there has to be something very special about Lord Voldemort that enables only Harry to kill him, something that can't be caused by any kind of spell, because Voldemort said that what he did to be immortal had died with his old body. And since you don't wanna believe my theory that Tom Riddle's mother put the same protection on him as Lily put on Harry :), I don't know what this special thing could be.
But I wonder...does Dumbledore know? Is that why he doesn't try to kill Voldemort?
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Tanuki » Friday 18 February 2005 4:23:31pm

Hagger 9003 wrote:thinking about Dumbledore, remember one of hte questions that JKR said was really important? the one about why dumbledore didnt try to kill LV, or something? well, if he wasnt trying to kill him, what was he trying to do? just curious, because DD might do that to LV first. maybe it strips him of his powers, or would teleport him to the room with the love in it.

Or maybe its something reasonable, like just not wanting to kill him. His involvement would cheapen the end. Harry versus Voldermort need to be a one on one fight simply for the fact that that's fair. It's also contingent with the idea that these are HARRY"S BOOKS
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Mistress Siana » Friday 18 February 2005 8:52:28pm

Yeah, Dumbledore said it just wouldn't satisfy him, but JKR confirmed he was lying and that there was more to it.
Mistress Siana

Postby Hagger 9003 » Friday 18 February 2005 9:51:07pm

what i think is that the prophecy says that only one person can vanquish LV, and that is harry. this is a fact of life, and fate. if DD tried to kill LV, i reckon fate would intervene. it is part of nature, and guarunteed for harry to be the one who gets voldemort or voldemort to be the one who gest harry.
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Mistress Siana » Saturday 19 February 2005 2:22:21am

Yeah, sure it is, but why? That's what JKR said was important, why doesn't Voldemort die by the hands of anybody else than Harry, not even by his own hands as the curse backfired.
Mistress Siana

Postby Hagger 9003 » Saturday 19 February 2005 3:26:32pm

maybe you need the force harry possesses "which the dark lord knos not". is that force love, i wonder? because harry doesnt seem to love all people, and he would have to to be better than DD, so that doesnt work.
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Tanuki » Saturday 19 February 2005 7:54:13pm

This is assuming the Harry we know now will be the Harry by the end of the 7th book. Training and hardship bring about great changs in people, and I would not be surprised if Harry went into the fight with Voldy a totally different person that we have seen
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Mistress Siana » Sunday 20 February 2005 1:45:05am

Hehe, people of that age change their character every ten minutes!

Still I don't believe that he will defeat LV with the love (in a platonic way) and kindness for Voldemort or something. Love for an enemy and forgiveness requires a wisdom noone of that age could ever possess. I'd rather think along the lines of...hm, maybe self-sacrifice, or refusal to do something evil? Maybe, he'll get this one and only chance to kill Voldemort, and just can't do it...hey, what would happen then? We know that saving one's life creates a special bond between two wizards. What if Harry spared Voldemort's life; on one hand, Voldemort would be indebted to Harry then and hence couldn't kill him, on the other hand, 'neither can live whilst the other survives.'
Mistress Siana

Postby Tanuki » Sunday 20 February 2005 3:37:51am

I think it'll be more like a love for everyone else that Voldermort threatens filling Harry with some strong emotion that'll do it. It wont be mercy, but the intense desire to protect others. They say the two most dangerous people are the ones with nothing to lose and the ones with everything to protect, basically because they are both willing to die. I think Harry will see all the people left in his life that he wants to protect and he will fill with love and a wanton need to defend them. He will sacrifice his body to save them and in that way will win. Since I figure ancient magic has rewards for being so good, he will probably survive
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Hagger 9003 » Monday 21 February 2005 6:52:50pm

not a bad idea, tanuki. but i kno that harry actually will get very angry near the end. he will be trying to get over death, and that is the theme of teh books, i think. maybe LV will try to make him angry, knowing that harry cant kill him when he is angry. the dark lord knows anger very well, so that cant be "the power the dark lord knows not". its very confusing.
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Tanuki » Monday 21 February 2005 6:55:36pm

I think he'd succeed too, but there is a calm in the middle of rage that is very satisfying and very scary
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Hagger 9003 » Monday 21 February 2005 6:57:18pm

yeh, but rage cant feel love. rage would use AK, and i dont think that would work.
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Tanuki » Tuesday 22 February 2005 12:39:25am

I think Harry will be taken to the place where he can't even feel rage anymore, and then the other emotions will rise from the dark of his mind; like a final triumph after all the pain he's been put through.
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

PreviousNext

Return to Characters