Which girl would you like to see Harry be with?

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Who would you like to see Harry be with?

Hermione Granger, best friend
14%
Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister
44%
Cho Chang, his crush
9%
Luna Lovegood, an unusual Ravenclaw
14%
Parvati Patil, his date for the "Yule Ball"
2%
Someone Not Yet Introduced
12%
No One!
5%

Total votes : 207

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Thursday 27 January 2005 11:09:18am

Tanuki wrote:[quote=

Arguments are not hints. Hugs and kisses and jelousy are.

-Hermione kissed Harry first and seems more affectionate to him

-When Hermione is hurt by the Basilisk, MsGonagall comes to Harry to get him. mr. Weasley is an afterthought

-Krum is jelous of Harry, not Ron

-Cho is jelous of Hermione, not Ginny

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

#1= Hermione kissed Harry out of relief that he was alive, it wasn't meant as anything romantic.
#2= Everyone suspected Harry for petrifying the students, so naturally when someone got petrified, they went to him first.
#3= Of course Krum is jealous of Harry, Harry seems like a far bigger threat than Ron. School quidditch star, champion, world celebrity.
#4= Cho is jealous of all the time Harry is spending with Hermione, because she wanted him all to herself.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby Tanuki » Thursday 27 January 2005 4:11:07pm

McGonagall was suspicious of Harry? That's a shocker considering how much faith she had in him through the rest of the books. She went to Harry because he was the closest to Hermione.

Ron has been in danger loads of times too, but we don't see her jumping all over him. In fact, most of her physical affedction is reserved for Harry

But, why did she have to speak of Hermione is such a way, plus Harry sticks up for her. He even says that he doesn't find her unattractive. For Harry, that's a lot

They also communicate better then Hermione and Ron fo, and that is essential to a relationship. They understand each other's moods, their body language, and neither is afraid to tell the other where they're going wrong. Ifeither Hermione or Ron tried to correct the other, they would end up not speaking for a week. Harry may get upset at her, but the most time they've spent angry at each other is pretty much a day.

How are Ron and Hermione supposed to be such a great couple if they can't even have a real conversation without an argument forming?
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Hagger 9003 » Thursday 27 January 2005 7:00:14pm

i am in 2 minds about this...

first, i think that there are loads of clues for harry-hermione. also, i kno that arguements are normal for married people, but ron and hermione are fifteen!!!!!!!! they are not middle-aged people. plus, arguments from people in love usually end up in giggling etc. if they were in love, i suspect we would be getting alot more clues than we are getting, and alot more than just arguing.

on the other hand, ginny sounds ok as well. now she has loosened up alot, and i dont see why she has been so developed if for no reason. in fact, i cant even see anything against a harry luna relationship!!!!! :grin: the only thing i cant understand is a ron-hermione one. sorry, but thats how it is. :D
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Tanuki » Friday 28 January 2005 1:37:56am

T.V. likes to make people who argue hook up. they seem to think this sort of behavior is a sign of hidden passion. What they fail to realize is that arguments arise AFTER couples hook up, not before
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Friday 28 January 2005 6:00:01am

I'm not saying that Harry and Hermione wouldn't make a good couple, personally, I think they would go very well together, I'm just saying that I don't think they will.
And have u ever thought that she's showing more physical acknowledgement toward Harry because she feels awkward doing it to because she isn't sure how he feels about her and doesn't want him to take it the wrong way?
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Tanuki » Friday 28 January 2005 3:23:36pm

--__--... no... no I don't.
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Saturday 29 January 2005 4:51:05am

lol didn't think so. But we'll find out eventually what the deal is.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Hagger 9003 » Sunday 30 January 2005 9:27:28pm

yeh. plus, jk said that harry would be "very busy", and the romance wont be so important. i reckon it will become clear by book 7
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Tanuki » Monday 31 January 2005 12:08:57am

Actually, I read on her site that even though Harry would be busy, he wouldn't be so busy as to ignore romance
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby DragonFiend17 » Sunday 13 February 2005 2:19:17am

ME!!! (i LOVE Dan Radcliffe!!!) anyway...Someone Not Yet Introduced... :D :lol:
DragonFiend17
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Sunday 13 February 2005 3:43:56am

personally, i think luna... she understands harry, and harry has a remote understanding of her...
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby Tanuki » Sunday 13 February 2005 3:57:00pm

I don't think they understand each othre so much as share a common experience that his other friends don't. She hasn't known him long enough to understand him
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Monday 14 February 2005 6:26:29am

I think Luna is more of just a friendly acquaintance that Harry finds interesting. I don't think there's any "chemistry" working away there. I just don't think he can believe how odd she can be sometimes.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Mistress Siana » Monday 14 February 2005 4:52:36pm

Hm...Harry and Hermione as a couple somehow doesn't seem right to me. Don't you think it would kinda...disparage Ron?

Apart from that, when JKR was asked which guy Hermione would hook up with in the end , she said she couldn't believe some of us hadn't figured it out yet, right? She also said we shouldn't be certain that Harry won't die, wouldn't she contradict herself if she was going to let H&H fall in love? I think it points towards Ron.

Anyway, in my opinion, Harry and Hermione doesn't seem right, but Ron and Hermione doesn't really fit. I really, really wish the trio would stay just that - a trio. Not a couple + 1.
And Luna liked Ron, didn't she? So Ginny for Harry, Luna for Ron and hopefully someone other than Krum for Hermione, that would be my wish. And yes, I do know it's not going to come true. :)
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Hagger 9003 » Monday 14 February 2005 8:59:38pm

its almost hopeless, trying to think about it... if two of the trio hooked up, the one remaining would feel on their own. i really cant guess, and im pretty inexperience with love... all i will say is, GO H/Hr!!!or H/G!!!!! (i told u i was inexperienced!!!!) :razz:
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to The Books