Half Blood Prince

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Mistress Siana » Friday 17 September 2004 1:11:21pm

good luck with Ivan!

Hmm...you mean Mrs Riddle had another child? With another muggle? But then, how could Voldie be the last remaining decendent of Slytherin?
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Evil Wizard Petting Zoo » Saturday 18 September 2004 2:42:09am

Yeah, I dunno. There's a lotta holes in my theory. Haha like I said, I think its kinda dumb now. But once again I have another theory that I will think is dumb tomorrow...You know that description JKR released from book 6 of someone? Well I think its whoever Crookshanks is animagus for (yes, I'm a supporter of Crookshanks being animagus). And if its not Crookshanks I think the paragraph is describing the new DADA teacher, who is Crookshanks!!!!!!! :grin:

BTW Ivan went alright, kinda skeery tho. We lost shingles and a few branches fell, it took all day to clean up the yard. We just got power about an hour ago so I'm happy now.
Evil Wizard Petting Zoo
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby carsten » Monday 20 September 2004 9:36:03am

Mistress Siana wrote:...Hmm...you mean Mrs Riddle had another child? With another muggle? But then, how could Voldie be the last remaining decendent of Slytherin?
Simple answer: LV has an older brother. So he can still be the last=youngest descendant of Slytherin.

I don't think that this theory will turn out true. It would be another out-of-the-blue solution, and JKR promised to solve a few riddles in the remaining books instead of setting up new ones for the readers.
:)
carsten
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Mistress Siana » Monday 20 September 2004 1:34:12pm

Hm...Carsten, I thought about that solution as well, but as far as I remember, either DD or JKR in an interview has made it pretty clear that in this case "last descendent" means last remaining descendent.

Actually, I don't believe that JKR will come up with any lost mother/father/sibling or whatever of any character. Whenever someone brings up a theory like that, her answer is: "Honestly, guys, too much Star Wars can do that to people" :lol:
Mistress Siana

Postby master_o_magic » Sunday 26 September 2004 11:12:26pm

:???: i dont see how mrs riddle could have had another child...she was killed in the riddle house in little hangleton along with mr riddle and their son 'tom' i.e lord voldemort.

she was still with mr riddle when she was killed, unless she'd gone away and had some affair with another muggle, even then wouldn't it be a tad obvious if she was pregnant.

It doesn't really say anything about mrs before mr riddle, you lot could be right that voldy big brother...

~Master~
master_o_magic
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Mistress Siana » Monday 27 September 2004 2:55:26pm

master_o_magic wrote::???: i dont see how mrs riddle could have had another child...she was killed in the riddle house in little hangleton along with mr riddle and their son 'tom' i.e lord voldemort.

Another mystery...how could Voldie fool the people into believing that Tom Riddle jr had been killed along with his parents?

~Mistress~ :)
Mistress Siana

Postby harrylover » Monday 27 September 2004 6:30:26pm

Didn´t voldemort kill his grandparents and his father (tom)?
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby hoopsmaster88 » Monday 27 September 2004 8:32:34pm

harrylover wrote:Didn´t voldemort kill his grandparents and his father (tom)?

yeah, he didn't kill his mother, just his father and his father's parents.
hoopsmaster88
Head of Muggle Games and Sports and Landlord of The Three Broomsticks

Postby Mistress Siana » Tuesday 28 September 2004 11:21:38pm

Now that you say it...how could I believe it was any different? I must reread HP again!
Mistress Siana

Postby Broccoli » Wednesday 29 September 2004 11:08:12am

Do we actually know what happened to his mother? I've become forgetful.
Broccoli
Slytherin Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Slytherin Chaser

Postby harrylover » Wednesday 29 September 2004 5:01:22pm

She died when voldemort was born i think.
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby pallas artemis » Wednesday 29 September 2004 9:27:11pm

Do we actually know what happened to his mother? I've become forgetful.

Tom Riddle (the memory from the diary in CoS) tells Harry that his mother died when or shortly after his birth. BUT, Riddle is a liar. . . so that may not be true, also it is the sixteen year old Riddle who is saying it so maybe that is what he was told and what he believes but isn't true. It is quite possible that his mother, being heartbroken over Tom (LV's dad) leaving her, just dropped the baby at an orphanage and went of to start a new life with out him! :( :o
pallas artemis
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: looking out over Eriabor with Glorfindel by my side

Postby Jotomicron » Thursday 30 September 2004 7:21:54pm

Personally, I don't really believe in something like that.
Possible, but improbable.

A question I'd like to see answered is: if Riddle father was with his parents when he died, when was Riddle son? He couldn't be at the orphanage, because he wasn't orphan by that time. Had he run from home?
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby Mistress Siana » Friday 1 October 2004 1:46:54am

(not so) little Tommy was with his father and grantparents at that time. Actually, he was their murderer.
He wasn't a full orphan, but his father rejected him, so he was sent to an orphanage after his mother's death.
Mistress Siana

Postby Jotomicron » Friday 1 October 2004 1:01:00pm

Mistress Siana wrote:(not so) little Tommy was with his father and grantparents at that time. Actually, he was their murderer.
He wasn't a full orphan, but his father rejected him, so he was sent to an orphanage after his mother's death.

Yes, he was their murder, but sure he wasn't living with them... but you're right... he was certainly rejected by his father and was in the orphanage
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

PreviousNext

Return to Theories