Flitwick head of Ravenclaw?

Who do you like best and who could you definately live without? Will there be romance in the air for any of them and who will end up with who?

Moderators: Mistress Siana, Q.Araignee, Scarlet Lioness

Flitwick head of Ravenclaw?

Postby glamourweaver » Friday 29 July 2005 10:40:18am

So apparently Professor Flitwick is head of House Ravenclaw. For some reason I could have sworn it was Professor Sinestra (Astronomy). Did I just hallucinate that or is there a shift in the role between books?
glamourweaver
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Scellanis » Friday 29 July 2005 12:51:18pm

no Flitwick has always been head of Ravenclaw...I'm pretty sure anyway
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby thestral » Friday 29 July 2005 1:49:59pm

i always thought it was flitwick...
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby Tanuki » Friday 29 July 2005 3:29:46pm

Flitwick was always head of Ravenclaw, and Sprout of Hufflepuff

Hooray for the new head of Slytherin. the actually unbiased (kind of) Professor Slughorn!
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby dibble2 » Sunday 31 July 2005 3:26:32am

But is he staying? He doesn't have Dumbledore's protection anymore. He might go back into hiding. (Slughorn, that is)
dibble2
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Tanuki » Sunday 31 July 2005 3:39:11am

I think his sense of responsability, plus the chance to gain more members for his slug club, will make him stay. Plus, I think he's kind of a stand up guy... and he'll definitely want to have a hand in the development of the generation born during the second war. If history has taught us anything is that the greatest advances in society and technology are born during war. Generations born during such uncertain times turn out some of the strongest people in the world and I don't think this generation will be any different. Slughorn will want a hand in that

In this HP continuity story I thought up, the generation ater teh war is populated with young wizards out to surpass Voldermort either in power or evil. The story follows a group of four who meet on the Hogwarts express and move through the four houses. They are considered super advanced and deal with Harry Potter like problems... on a bigger scale. At this point, Slughorn decides that they don't belong in the slug club, but that they are a gourp unto themselves. He calls them the Crimson Clover Club. I just love imagining how he would try to manipulate them
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby glamourweaver » Sunday 31 July 2005 3:41:22am

dibble2 wrote:But is he staying? He doesn't have Dumbledore's protection anymore. He might go back into hiding. (Slughorn, that is)

I think he's realized that he isn't any safer anywhere else (he said as much at the head of Houses meeting). The only thing Voldemort had to fear from Slughorn was that he'd give Dumbledore the info on Horcruxes. Now that Dumbledore's gone, Voldemort probably feels Slughorn's a non-issue at this point.

Speaking of the Heads of Houses, anyone else think McGonagall is going to appoint Hagrid to be the new Head of Gryffindor (as she probably won't keep the position now that she's Head Mistress)?
glamourweaver

Postby pheonixrising » Tuesday 2 August 2005 12:05:13am

[quote="thestral"]i always thought it was flitwick...[/quote]

this is what i thought 2
pheonixrising
Fourth Year

Postby Mrs. Luca Black » Friday 12 August 2005 12:43:25am

glamourweaver wrote:Speaking of the Heads of Houses, anyone else think McGonagall is going to appoint Hagrid to be the new Head of Gryffindor (as she probably won't keep the position now that she's Head Mistress)?

I don't think she could keep the position as Gryffindor head of house since she's the headmistress, too much opportunity for bias and conflict of interest, the school governors wouldn't allow it.

By bringing Hagrid into the meeting could mean that she's thinking of making him the Gryffindor head of house, or she just wanted to include him because he was so close to Dumbledore. I really hope it's the former. I love Hagrid, so that would make me happy. Of course he doesn't have the whole being expelled from Hogwarts in only his 3rd year against him.

I'm really looking forward to seeing who she gets to fill the other positions. Transfiguration, DADA, and possibly Potions if Slughorn doesn't stay. I'd love it if Lupin could come back and teach DADA again, but the curse might prevent that.

Of course, if Harry is as stupid as he said he would be, we may never find out who will fill those positions. I really think that McGonagall and maybe a few other Order members will convince/force Harry to go back. My favorite parts of the books are the everyday Hogwarts things, so I really don't think I'd like the last book too much if he wasn't at Hogwarts, and it would suck if I didn't like the last book of a series. So my bet, or hopeful delusion, is that he'll go back but have a bit more freedom to come and go as he pleases to finally kill the *incoherent grumbles*.
Mrs. Luca Black
Member of the Original Order of the Phoenix

Location: In the kitchen of 12 Grimmauld Place handing Kreacher a new, 100 pound, cast iron tea service.

Postby Dutchess42 » Tuesday 30 August 2005 4:33:23am

I, too, hope we can spend some time at Hogwarts in the final chapter.

Hagrid as head of G? Hmmmm..... Who would be the other candidates? Madam Hooch? Certainly not either of the Divination teachers.

(Where do the heads of house sleep, anyway?)
Dutchess42
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby glamourweaver » Tuesday 30 August 2005 1:25:53pm

They have personal rooms just like all the other Professors.

The only other possibility for a head of Griffindor is if McGonnigal can somehow arrange for Lupin to come back & teach DAtDA. He'd be perfect.
glamourweaver

Postby Dutchess42 » Tuesday 30 August 2005 5:47:14pm

glamourweaver wrote:
The only other possibility for a head of Griffindor is if McGonnigal can somehow arrange for Lupin to come back & teach DAtDA. He'd be perfect.

Except for the one day a month he entertains his furry problem. There's no Snape to mix a potion for him :(

Lupin is one of my favorites. Love to see him again.
Dutchess42
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby glamourweaver » Tuesday 30 August 2005 7:06:50pm

Dutchess42 wrote:
glamourweaver wrote:

Except for the one day a month he entertains his furry problem. There's no Snape to mix a potion for him :(

I'm sure Slughorn could do it.
glamourweaver

Postby glamourweaver » Tuesday 30 August 2005 7:09:05pm

glamourweaver wrote:
Dutchess42 wrote:
glamourweaver wrote:

I'm sure Slughorn could do it.

Another possibility hit me though, and I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier. There's another vacancy this year: Transfigurations Teacher. We'll have to see who they get to fill that role *ponders* Interesting.
glamourweaver

Postby Chimera » Thursday 15 December 2005 4:16:59pm

Hard to say who'd fill that role. Aurors have to be good at transfiguration, and McGonagall would see the wisdom in having an auror in Hogwarts. It'd be kinda cool if it was Tonks, but probably wouldn't be.

As for DADA: is the whammy on the school or on Dumbledore himself. If it's the case that Dumbledore can't keep someone in the DADA job for more than a year then his death would mean the end of the curse.

I never read anywhere that a teacher can't return to DADA, only that they don't remain for more than a year at a time. It may well be that a teacher can do a year, resign, then return a few years later for another go. This would leave it open for the return of Lupin, but I don't reckon it'd go that way.

It would be cool if Hagrid could be head of Gryffindor, but I think with him not being fully qualified he would be excluded from the role.

At the end of HBP Slughorn seems anxious. I dunno if that means he's wanting to leave or not, but if it does then potions will need filling. I can't think who'd fill the vacancy. Methinks Slughorn will have to stay.

Unless Hogwarts closes...
Chimera
Fully Qualified Wizard

Next

Return to Characters