Where is Sirius's Motorbike?

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Where is Sirius's Motorbike?

Postby darkcloak » Friday 5 March 2004 12:04:40pm

A quirky question taken from THE interview http://www.broomsticksandowls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2959

Rita: Whatever happened to Sirius' flying motorbike?
JK Rowling replies -> Ah, good question. You'll find out, but the real sleuths among you might be able to guess.

C'mon then, where do you think that it is hiding?

Did Hagrid give it back to Sirius before he 'realised his betrayal'? Did Hagrid keep it somewhere or did someone else take it? Is it in the Forbidden Forest, making friends with a Ford Anglia?

And also does it now legally belong to Harry and how will he make use of it? :P

What do you think? Are there any clues to its whereabouts? :???:
darkcloak
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Violet » Friday 5 March 2004 12:06:55pm

Well we know that Hagrid did have it when he flew harry to the dursley's, but thinking about the person who would be most interested in it would be arthur weasley, but i cant see why he'd have it
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby darkcloak » Friday 5 March 2004 12:16:10pm

Good thinking Violet!

What I don't get is why (if one of the Order has the motorbike) did Sirius have to rely on Buckbeak for transportation from books 3-5. Surely he wants his bike back?

If this is so, then maybe someone who he can't get it back from took it whilst he was being carried away to Azkaban..............Wormtail anyone?
darkcloak
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Violet » Friday 5 March 2004 12:22:33pm

Well dont you think it would be far more noticeable if he was getting round on a motorbike? i mean at least with buckbeak it's an animal and they would expect them to be flying around.
And i dont know how they'd get it to him, i cant remember exactly when it is that everyone finds out about him being good and all.
I think that buckbeak would be more inconspicuos (sp :-? )

And i reckon that whoever has it knows that if sirius had it esp in book 5 he would be more tempted to leave grimmauld place, which would inevitably lead to him getting caught
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby Scellanis » Friday 5 March 2004 12:43:31pm

No he wouldn't use the bike even if he could get it....alot of people must have known about that bike...it was big enough for hagrid to ride.....sure sign that there is sirius for anyone who knew him and not all people who knew him would keep his whereabouts secret im sure.....
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby Athena Appleton » Friday 5 March 2004 2:53:38pm

My first thought (even before reading Violet's post) is that Arthur Weasley knows something about it. After all, how many usually-grounded-but-in-this-case-flying vehicles can there be out there?

The moterbike was common knowledge (meaning everyone knew Sirius had a flying moterbike he loved)... so naturally, he couldn't have it while he was on the run...
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Aberforth » Friday 5 March 2004 2:55:55pm

My guess is that Hagrid kept it after dropping harry off at the dursleys as a child since Sirius was soon after identified as the traitor.

Therefore, it is probably at Hogwarts somewhere or at Gringotts.

Harry should inherit though now Sirius is dead, along with 12 Grimauld Place.
Aberforth
Hogs Head Bartender

Postby Violet » Friday 5 March 2004 4:31:42pm

I suppose that now sirius' name has been cleared that he could have the bike. I dont think that they would have left the bike at hogwarts as anyone could have found it.
If it was being kept anywhere i still think that had it been anywhere then it would have been with arthur
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby jarvan49 » Friday 5 March 2004 6:03:17pm

When sirius was accused of killing wormtail, how did sirius get to where wormtail was? did he use his bike?
jarvan49
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Scellanis » Friday 5 March 2004 8:49:11pm

Violet wrote:I suppose that now sirius' name has been cleared that he could have the bike. I dont think that they would have left the bike at hogwarts as anyone could have found it.
If it was being kept anywhere i still think that had it been anywhere then it would have been with arthur

Sirius's name hasn't been cleared yet..thats why he had to stay inside Grimmauld place...
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby Athena Appleton » Saturday 6 March 2004 12:29:30am

Violet wrote:I dont think that they would have left the bike at hogwarts as anyone could have found it.

Remember what Hagrid said in P/SS, about there's no better place to protect somethin than Gringotts, except Hogwarts, perhaps.

jarvan wrote:When sirius was accused of killing wormtail, how did sirius get to where wormtail was? did he use his bike?

I'm not sure if I have the timing of this figured out completely, but the way I saw it was:

Voldemort confronts the Potters
Voldemort kills James and Lily, demolishes their home
The curse rebounds on Harry, ridding Voldy of power
Voldy runs off
(unknown activity for somewhere around 20-24 hours)
Sirius uses the moterbike to go to the street, where he runs into Hagrid
Hagrid takes the bike with Harry to Privet Dr.
Sirius and Wormtail have their confrontation
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby paintballdecoy » Saturday 6 March 2004 1:36:31am

I'm not sure if I have the timing of this figured out completely, but the way I saw it was:

Voldemort confronts the Potters
Voldemort kills James and Lily, demolishes their home
The curse rebounds on Harry, ridding Voldy of power
Voldy runs off
(unknown activity for somewhere around 20-24 hours)
Sirius uses the moterbike to go to the street, where he runs into Hagrid
Hagrid takes the bike with Harry to Privet Dr.
Sirius and Wormtail have their confrontation

that sounds about right, but what did Hagrid do with the bike after leaving Dumbledore?[/quote]
paintballdecoy
Chief Paintball Wizard, Theory Master and Voldemort Spy

Postby Herminny » Saturday 6 March 2004 3:25:49am

I suppose it depends on whether Hagrid found Sirius before Sirius found wormtail.
Hagrid saud he was going to return it to Sirius (I think) but if Sirius was already arrested then Hagrid whould have either kept it or destroyed/abandoned it. Because he was so angry with Sirius.

I think he kept it, so he could get back to Hogwarts and just dumped it somewhere there.
Herminny
Fourth Year

Postby paintballdecoy » Saturday 6 March 2004 4:31:09pm

Herminny wrote:I suppose it depends on whether Hagrid found Sirius before Sirius found wormtail.
Hagrid saud he was going to return it to Sirius (I think) but if Sirius was already arrested then Hagrid whould have either kept it or destroyed/abandoned it. Because he was so angry with Sirius.

I think he kept it, so he could get back to Hogwarts and just dumped it somewhere there.

But Hagrid didn't find Sirius becuase remember he said "If I had found him before Pitigrew he would have torn him limb from limb." Plus the Ministry would have taken it if Sirius had had it.

Hagrid must have done something with it, maybe it is in Howarts or Grinngots
paintballdecoy
Chief Paintball Wizard, Theory Master and Voldemort Spy

Postby Ferrus » Saturday 6 March 2004 6:45:42pm

didnt Kingsley Shacklebolt mention something about the bike in OotP??

can´t remeber what it was about though... probably of no importance
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Next

Return to Theories