Eye to Eye - DD and HP (SPOILER)

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Eye to Eye - DD and HP (SPOILER)

Postby ElijahRain » Monday 21 July 2003 6:01:20pm

Through out the entire book here, DD is trying to keep Harry from looking in his eyes because of LV lurking in the shadows of Harry's heart. How is it that at the end, Harry and DD can talk? LV was driven off, not defeated at the ministry. Also, the time that HP and DD did catch eyes a surge of hatred rose up in Harry.

Just trying to figure it all out...
ElijahRain
Second Year

Re: Eye to Eye - DD and HP (SPOILER)

Postby Gwared » Monday 21 July 2003 8:40:05pm

ElijahRain wrote:Through out the entire book here, DD is trying to keep Harry from looking in his eyes because of LV lurking in the shadows of Harry's heart. How is it that at the end, Harry and DD can talk? LV was driven off, not defeated at the ministry. Also, the time that HP and DD did catch eyes a surge of hatred rose up in Harry.

Just trying to figure it all out...

DD is trying to stop LV from knowing that DD and Harry have a stronger relationship than just headmaster-student. LV is able to see through Harry's eyes at will after the Weasley incident, and this brings the first eye-to-eye contact scene. LV through Harry's eyes sees DD and hatred wells up.

At the end LV is driven from Harry's body by the powerful emotion love, when he thinks about Sirius. The pain causes hm to wish for death so he can see Sirius and this banishes LV from Harry allowing him and DD to talk again.
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby ElijahRain » Monday 21 July 2003 10:33:29pm

I didn't pick up that LV was driven out from Harry by his love for Sirius. That makes a lot more sense to me now.

Thanks!
ElijahRain
Second Year

Postby yasmane » Tuesday 22 July 2003 8:11:44am

I did knew that LV had been driven out from Harry due to Harry's love, but are you sure this is the reason why after LV cannot see again through harry's eyes.
I didn't get that, and as for elijahrain, I still wonder why DD and Harry can talk eyes to eyes at the end.
:???:

and some people say Harry Potter is for children. Damn, I can't even understand everything in a child book
yasmane
Sixth Year

Postby choki » Tuesday 22 July 2003 8:47:57am

relax yasmane :grin: HP is getting thicker and deeper...i too can't understand everything...
Dumbledore was able to look at Harry eye to eye because he realised his mistake of intentionally keeping Harry away from him (know what am i talking about?)
Voldemort was probably driven out of Harry because of Harry's ability to feel, to have emotions unlike himself.
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby yasmane » Tuesday 22 July 2003 12:59:49pm

Hi Choki,
you're right about DD realising his mistake. I had forgotten that point.
It makes much more sense.
About LV driven out of Harry because he could feel emotions such as love, that's right and it seems to be the only reason why LV could not control Harry from "the inside".
And by the way, don't worry, I' m totally relaxed, it's just that sometimes when I hear people saying HP is for children, I cannot understand them, knowing that they don't even have tried to read the books. People can be so weird sometimes. That's a pity.
yasmane
Sixth Year

Postby Sacred Guardian » Tuesday 22 July 2003 2:21:53pm

yeah, i was under the impression that voldemort was driven out by harry when he felt the love, and, even if he wasn't , i think that he had to risk a meeting with harry to explain everything
Sacred Guardian
Hufflepuff Prefect, Hufflepuff Chaser and Hogwarts' Master of Secrets

Postby Iluvatar » Tuesday 22 July 2003 5:02:49pm

Are you sure that Voldemort was driven out permanently by Harry's emotions. I understood that harry's emotions prevented Voldemort from continue possessing him. Voldemort can still return to Harry's mind which is probably why Harry will now be forced to learn Occlumency whether he wants to or not.

Dumbledore now talks eye to eye with Harry because Dumbledore has realised that avoiding eye contact with Harry was actually a mistake. He more or less says so himself.
Iluvatar
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby ElijahRain » Wednesday 23 July 2003 12:06:06am

I understood that harry's emotions prevented Voldemort from continue possessing him. Voldemort can still return to Harry's mind which is probably why Harry will now be forced to learn Occlumency whether he wants to or not.

That was more or less my understanding. I was going to guess the door hasn't been closed and that there was still the ability to transfer feelings back and forth still. So, it would make sense that Harry will be learing Occlumency from DD near the beginning of the next book. However, I wonder how much DD will need to keep from Harry regarding the OotP and other workings if LV is still able to read through Harry's emotions and thoughts. All the more reason for Harry to master the ability to keep his thoughts his own.
ElijahRain
Second Year

Postby yasmane » Thursday 24 July 2003 4:50:29pm

Just to say that LC CANNO read harry' mind, he can only feel his emotions and see through his eyes but in any way he could read Harry's thought, otherwise h would already know for instance about Snape's betrayal.
yasmane
Sixth Year

Return to The Books