Will Harry die?

Have you heard something on the grapevine about Harry and friends? Share it here...go on, let us know too!

Moderators: Q.Araignee, Broccoli, Tanuki

Will Harry die?

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes : 117

Postby harrylover » Friday 23 July 2004 7:58:13pm

welcome stardust!

I don´t hope that he dies...i like him too much for that!
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby Broccoli » Monday 26 July 2004 9:07:18am

Hello, StarDust*! So you hope Harry dies? :o
Broccoli
Slytherin Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Slytherin Chaser

Postby Mistress Siana » Friday 13 August 2004 12:09:59am

I hope so, too. It's not that I don't like Harry, only do I have the feeling that it's the only kind of ending that would fit, but that's just personal.

On the other hand...the story is written from Harry's point of view, and it's almost impossible to write the death of a character through the eyes of which the story is told.
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby pinky p » Friday 13 August 2004 12:44:57am

yeah, the whole "darkness... i feel so cold" etc. bit is a bit stupid, i think

if he dies it would have to be like a ghost story, you know... "when suddenly something reached out and grabbed me..." or something
pinky p
Supreme Pie-Eater, Registered Animagus (Platypus) and Princess of All Pink Grapefruit

Location: either swimming, sleeping, eating, or doing schoolwork... my life these days

Postby Q8Hermione » Friday 13 August 2004 8:47:43am

I don't know :???: Sometimes i feel yeah he will and sometimes i don't think so..
Q8Hermione
Second Year

Postby Broccoli » Monday 16 August 2004 9:12:04am

I heard that JK met her fans at the Edinburgh International Book Festival on Sunday and she refused to say if Harry is going to live after book 7.
Broccoli
Slytherin Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Slytherin Chaser

Postby harrylover » Monday 16 August 2004 7:53:28pm

Could be because she wants to hold up the suspense. I hope he doesn´t die!!
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby Mistress Siana » Tuesday 14 September 2004 2:32:49pm

Ok, let's continue the "Book 7" discussion here, as suggested. Where were we?

Marcus Baker wrote:Intresting theory. It does have the phrophesy in it, Harry will survive while Voldemort dies, but then he dies later. HOwever, I think something else will happen. Ive always imagined it like this:

Harry and Voldemort will end up dueling once again (this has to happen, unless JKR has a major twist in store for us), and then Dumbledore comes in. Maybe he distracts him while Harry Kills Voldemort. There are no death eathers because Ron/Hermoine/Ginny/Neville and the rest of the DA Members (if they are still around) will fight them. Dumbledore will die in the 7th book, im pretty sure of it (and who knows, maybe Nevilles fallibility will come in handy here, I really dont think hes going to improve and become a great wizzard skillwise afterall). Harry will live on, so will Ron and Hermione. Maybe one of the DA members die?? Voldemort will die for sure (the questoiin is how??). The wizzarding world will congratuate Harry and agknowlage him as a hero, he will go to auror school. I also think snape will help him in school. I dont think Harry will get into NEWT level potions, but I think his relationship with snape will get a lot better. Well, thats sort of an Idea on where IM hopoing the novel to go. I know a lot will be wrong, but this is how I see it in the future (which is probally not oging to happen, since I know JKR is going to throw a big twist soon like sirus's death). In regards to sirus's death, hes not going to Unite with him by dying. I see Sirus's death as Harry's weakness and loss of friend/godfather, his vengence, and the source for his power in the future.

Hmm, I don't think a final battle between Harry and LV could take place like that, simply because of one reason: As we've learned in GoF, Harry and Voldemort cannot kill each other with Avada Kedavra (or any other curse). And if it were as simple as DD saying "Look Tommy! I got something for you...", Voldie turning around and Harry killing him off, I'm sure it would already have happened. Now, in OotP, DD says that Harry possesses a powerful weapon, namely love, which LV underestimates. I think that will be the key to destroy Voldemort.
Either, I don't believe there'll be a kind of "and he lived happily ever after" ending. If Harry survives and kills Voldemort, he will be changed, just like Frodo at the end of LoTR. I don't think he will be able to go on like before.
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Phaerie » Tuesday 14 September 2004 5:37:39pm

Broccoli wrote:I heard that JK met her fans at the Edinburgh International Book Festival on Sunday and she refused to say if Harry is going to live after book 7.

The thing is if she told us whether or not harry dies she pretty much gives us the outcome.

1. If harry lives-Voldemort is definately defeated
2. Harry dies, but defeats Voldemort
3. Harry dies and doesn't defeat voldemort

3 is unlikely. Hence it is going to be one of the first 2. When you can narrow down the options that much you don't want to give anything extra away really. Especially as if you know the final outcome it becomes much easier to work out the general plot leading up to that event.

JKR only won't tell us to keep us guessing!
Phaerie
Princess of Rainbows, Moonlight Dreamer and Gryffindor Prefect

Location: Doing double backs on a trampoline and scaring her spotters!

Postby LightwitchHP88 » Saturday 25 December 2004 10:59:51pm

I dont know, but I sure hope Harry doesnt die because if Harry dies in one of the movies I will be crying so hard for like a month :( Omg, I hate even thinking about it!!

~LightwitchHP88
LightwitchHP88
Squib

Postby Draco_lover2513 » Saturday 8 January 2005 12:12:53am

If Harry die that would suck and plus I want him to marry
Herimone
Draco_lover2513
Squib

Postby Tanuki » Friday 4 February 2005 3:39:21pm

Yay, another person from my tribe. This is another good reason for Harry living that I had not thought of
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby DragonFiend17 » Sunday 13 February 2005 1:42:32am

YES. i read a newspaper article that said JK Rowling said that she will probably kill harry in book seven... :eek:
DragonFiend17
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Tuesday 1 March 2005 6:16:44am

Wasn't The Quibbler was it?
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby Hagger 9003 » Tuesday 1 March 2005 8:49:19pm

i was thinking, and i reckon harry will die. i dont want him to, but i cant see any other way of it happening. i did this theory of voldie dying, and i dont see how it can happen without harry dying. http://broomsticksandowls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=286&start=90
Hagger 9003
Fully Qualified Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to Rumours