Half Blood Prince

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby TDM » Wednesday 14 July 2004 4:38:53am

well, Harry being the heir is a good reason for these theories. i really don't have much more to back it up, but keep it up, people!
TDM
Owner of Salamence's Wand Shop and Ravenclaw Seeker

Postby Alice I » Wednesday 14 July 2004 5:24:40am

TheDragonMaster wrote:perhaps old GG was actually part of the Muggle royal family long ago (if they had one then)

Being from America I suppose that I could be completely off and speaking from outside of my head ...

...but wasn't there a King an/or Queen of England for several thousand years prior to say ohh 'yesterday'?
So it seems to me that good old Godrick very well could have been the illegitimate son of some ill gotten King some thousand years ago.
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Marcus Baker » Wednesday 14 July 2004 5:26:49pm

Im not quite sure about Godric Gryffindor being a "prince"...that would be...I dont know, sort of odd. But I do believe that Harry has some potential of being the heir of gryffindor. I mean, the whole prophesy thingy in book 5 was made about harry (or possibly neville),but I mean, Harry's name couldn't be picked out of hat or something, there has to be some significance behind his family background. I mean, what better match than the Heir of Slythern vs. the Heir of Gryffindor. And as I said before, the sorting hat did have some confusion, and Harry did bear a part of the Heir of Slythern, and nothing can really compete with that other than the true blood of Gryffindor.
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby *Lily* » Wednesday 14 July 2004 8:12:16pm

In CoS, no one knew who the heir of slyhterin was so maybe they don't know who any of the heirs are and that would just be another factor in the Voldemort/Tom Riddle and Harry's common traits that make them able oppenents. interesting... very interesting
*Lily*
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby TDM » Wednesday 14 July 2004 8:58:13pm

good point, Lily. (BTW, off topic, welcome to BaO!) anyway, if Harry could be the Heir of Gryffindor, and Voldy is the Heir of Slytherin, could there be potential heirs fro Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw? perhaps Cedric was one, and Cho, perhaps? anyway, who knows? i highly doubt that she'll bring out the other two heirs if harry turns out to be one.
TDM

Postby *Lily* » Thursday 15 July 2004 1:03:11am

~ Thanks for the welcome Dragon master ~ but anyway back on topic- Cho the heir of ravenclaw? I really doubt it. But your right that she probably won't bring them in. We don't know enough about the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws to choose their heirs.
*Lily*

Postby Lone_Buck » Thursday 15 July 2004 9:32:27pm

Maybe she's dropping a Dobby like clue. Though it's doubtful. Remember when Dobby said that the COS had nothing to do with Voldemort, and JKR said this had nothing to do with Voldemort, it could be tom riddle, though i don't believe it myself.

Otherwise it could always be that mysterious Icicle. j/k
Lone_Buck
Magical Law Enforcement and Wand-maker Extraordinaire

Postby *Lily* » Thursday 15 July 2004 10:35:49pm

Untouchable8605 wrote:Maybe she's dropping a Dobby like clue. Though it's doubtful. Remember when Dobby said that the COS had nothing to do with Voldemort, and JKR said this had nothing to do with Voldemort, it could be tom riddle, though i don't believe it myself.

Otherwise it could always be that mysterious Icicle. j/k

What is the mysterious Icicle?
*Lily*

Postby TDM » Thursday 15 July 2004 11:45:53pm

it was a stupid rumor that the next DADA teacher was named Professor Icicle. not true, though.
TDM

Postby *Lily* » Friday 16 July 2004 5:37:27am

I must have missed that rumor....
*Lily*

Postby hoopsmaster88 » Friday 16 July 2004 4:04:25pm

Alice I wrote:Why do you feel, in your gut, that Harry is of no relation to the original owner of the old tattered sorting hat?

sorry that i'm a little late on this question, but better late than never :grin:

first of all, it just seems a little too predictable. jkr always seems to throw us for a loop. no matter how many theories we come up with, 95% of them end up being not true in her next book.

and it seems extremely odd that nobody would know something so important about such a famous person. after harry pulled the sword out of gg's hat wouldn't someone like hermione have tried to investigate or research harry's ancestors to see if he was the heir of gg?

having said that though, you guys are coming up with some good points about why he could be the heir. all this talk makes me so anxious for hbp to come out!! lol i feel like a little kid waiting for christmas morning, except that christmas is probably another year away
:lol:
hoopsmaster88
Head of Muggle Games and Sports and Landlord of The Three Broomsticks

Postby TDM » Friday 16 July 2004 4:55:58pm

hoopsmaster88 wrote:and it seems extremely odd that nobody would know something so important about such a famous person. after harry pulled the sword out of gg's hat wouldn't someone like hermione have tried to investigate or research harry's ancestors to see if he was the heir of gg?

not if he never told her, she wouldn't. Harry has kept some things from Ron and Hermione, mostly for good reason. such as almost getting placed in Slytherin (which doesn't bug him anymore since DD explained why in CoS). which brings me to another topic. perhaps DD was just bluffing about asking. it would be a good cover up. so perhaps the major reason that Harry was a Gryffindor was the fact that he is a descendant of GG. it just happened to be handy (like everything else in these books) that Harry asked to be in Gryffindor. or maybe i'm wrong. maybe DD doesn't even know. (though how could he not? seriously now.)

but yeah, another messed up theory from me. yeah...
TDM

Postby *Lily* » Friday 16 July 2004 7:58:40pm

hoopsmaster88 wrote:first of all, it just seems a little too predictable. jkr always seems to throw us for a loop. no matter how many theories we come up with, 95% of them end up being not true in her next book.

and it seems extremely odd that nobody would know something so important about such a famous person. after harry pulled the sword out of gg's hat wouldn't someone like hermione have tried to investigate or research harry's ancestors to see if he was the heir of gg?

When every theory goes in every diffrent way how could 95% of them not NOT end up in the book? anyway- Tom Riddle/Lord Voldemort was famous and no one knew he was the Heir of Slytherin so what does Harry's fame have to do with anything? and to Dragonmaster-

[quote="TheDragonMaster"]not if he never told her, she wouldn't. Harry has kept some things from Ron and Hermione, mostly for good reason. [quote]

Hermione and Ron do know that he pulled out GG's sword. It's common knowldge among the school. It is displayed in Dumbledore's office and in OotP in the Hogs head one person even asked him if he really pulled GG's sword out of the sorting hat...
*Lily*

Postby Marcus Baker » Friday 16 July 2004 7:58:46pm

TheDragonMaster wrote:so perhaps the major reason that Harry was a Gryffindor was the fact that he is a descendant of GG. it just happened to be handy (like everything else in these books) that Harry asked to be in Gryffindor. or maybe i'm wrong. maybe DD doesn't even know. (though how could he not? seriously now.)

Hey DM, that is sort of where I was going as well. I mean, first of all DD is very good at hiding things (its all part of his master plan). Maybe he dosent want to tell harry yet, it could be too dangerous.
Marcus Baker
Supreme Auror and Vanquisher of Evil

Postby *Lily* » Friday 16 July 2004 8:00:19pm

DD means Dumbledore right??
*Lily*

PreviousNext

Return to Theories