Which girl would you like to see Harry be with?

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Who would you like to see Harry be with?

Hermione Granger, best friend
14%
Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister
44%
Cho Chang, his crush
9%
Luna Lovegood, an unusual Ravenclaw
14%
Parvati Patil, his date for the "Yule Ball"
2%
Someone Not Yet Introduced
12%
No One!
5%

Total votes : 207

Postby Evil Wizard Petting Zoo » Saturday 24 April 2004 7:13:01pm

I voted for Ginny. It seems like that "love at first sight" thing always seems to play out. Even though Harry wasn't "in love." I'd like to see them get together.
Evil Wizard Petting Zoo
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby imc130d » Thursday 29 April 2004 7:13:18pm

I'd like to see Harry end up with Luna, so that's who I voted for. But I'm not absolutely sure that's what will happen. Mumbleberry's post on page 7 gives a lot of good reasons why they'd be compatible, and I'd like to point out a couple of other things that seem pertinent to me:

1) I think Harry needs some things that Luna has. Serenity, for example. I think that if Harry can learn to be at peace with himself, he will become a much more powerful wizard. (Side note: I believe that the character development of Ginny and Neville in recent books reflects this - both characters seem more comfortable with themselves now, and they also both appear much more powerful than we would have thought of either of them prior to book 5.) So I think that JKR definitely has plans for interaction between Luna and Harry, in order that he can learn from her.

2) I've noticed a couple of people using the fact that Harry met Ginny on the platform at Kings Cross as evidence that Harry & Ginny will be together in the end, because that's how JKR's parents met. According to interviews in Scotland on Sunday and The Times, they actually met on a train that left King's Cross, not at the station itself. So that might actually disqualify Ginny. But Harry did meet Luna on the train.

3) Harry and Luna wind up under the mistletoe together. Nothing happens, but it could be foreshadowing. (I think someone may have mentioned this earlier in the thread, and I'm sorry for not giving them credit, but I couldn't find it again when I went back to look.)

4) If I remember correctly, Hermoine and Luna quarrel a couple of times about their respective beliefs. But the quarreling stops around the time that Harry does the interview with Rita. I think the other thing that changes around that time is that Luna interacts with Ron less and with Harry more. I think it's possible that one thing that happened offstage was a clearing of the air between Hermione and Luna (maybe conerning Ron), and I think that would bode well for a relationship between Luna and Harry.

Having said all this, I'm still not convinced they're going to end up together... partially because Luna is the only character I can think of besides Dumbledore who is so serene about the prospect of death. It wouldn't surprise me if Luna sacrificed herself at a critical point in either Book 6 or Book 7, simply because she was the first person to see it as a possible solution to whatever problem was being faced, and act accordingly.
imc130d
Second Year

its gotta be someone he's known for a while

Postby harry_potter04 » Saturday 12 June 2004 2:27:04pm

Rowlings mentioned that whoever harry is gonna be with is someone who he has known the last 4 books so this takes the list down considerably.
Cho Chang I cant remember is she was but I just dont see it happening.
There isnt enough chemistry there for them. Ginny is a possibility but she's off doing her own thing, and she's over harry so that probably wont happen. It better not be Luna lovegood because she just would make harry's teeth grate most of the time. she's nice and all but just not really smart all the time and off in her own world so harry would never do that.

Hermione is my personal favorite, but not with ron around will it happen, but it does fulfill the requirements. With ron I dont know why hermione is so attracted to him. Is it because he doesnt give her the attention she wants or compliments her? I mean ron is a nice enough guy but I think they would just be at each other's throats. I sort of hope that there becomes more tension between ron and harry in the next book if something blossoms between harry and hermione which would be a good plot thread because they will need to stick together to survive whatever they go up against.

And last of all it almost cant be someone new. there just isnt enough time. With so much going on in the books there is never enough pages dedicated to one book to developing the relationships between two characters so its done over several books. So i'm going with hermione. I think she and ron will do their thing, but in the end I think she will finally realize how much harry has been for her in the past and supported her which ron hasnt always done that and things will click in her head and the rest is history.
harry_potter04
Squib

Postby harrylover » Monday 14 June 2004 5:43:10pm

i still think that harry and hermione are only friends...she´s a kind of little sister to him...
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby Female_alien » Monday 14 June 2004 5:54:57pm

she´s a kind of little sister to him...

me too - nice said
Female_alien
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Postby fred » Monday 14 June 2004 6:01:17pm

i voted ginny. i think harry and cho are over for good after what happend in the 5th book. hermione is too close as a friend to harry for anything to happen. harry and everyone else thinks luna is a complete weirdo(not a chance between her and harry) he ignored parviti(sp) at the ball so even if he liked her i dont think se would go for it. i have a feeling there is not going to be any "new girl" for harry to fall for.
fred
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby harrylover » Monday 14 June 2004 6:11:58pm

yeah, harry_potter04 is right...there´s not enough time for a new girl...rowling likes to do it slowly... :grin:
harrylover

Postby Bellatrix » Wednesday 23 June 2004 10:54:27pm

Ginny! She is nice and sensible! :grin: :grin: :grin:
Bellatrix
Squib

Postby Ron Weasley » Tuesday 29 June 2004 8:20:50pm

I would like to see him with ginny. She is very nice and she is a strong witch. :D
Ron Weasley
Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports and Landlord of The Three Broomsticks

Postby TomFeltonLover939 » Wednesday 30 June 2004 3:56:30pm

Definitly Ginny! I liked Cho at first...but then she acted all weird...so i don't like her anymore :-? anyways...Hermionie and Ron are to perfect together! and if they don't hook up soon i'm going to scream! i don't know why, but Ginny and Harry seem to be made for each other...i'll be disapointed if they don't get together
TomFeltonLover939
Second Year

Postby harrylover » Wednesday 30 June 2004 7:59:30pm

wow tomfeltonlover, that´s just the same as i think :grin:
harrylover

Postby Hermione Weasley » Thursday 1 July 2004 4:50:01am

OMG!!!I soooo totally agree with you tom felton!!!I am the same way especially the ron and hermione thing mainly bc they are constantly fighting kind of like an old married couple!! :grin:
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby harrylover » Thursday 1 July 2004 12:39:26pm

I totally agree on the ron hermione thing...thery are made for each other!!!! :grin:
harrylover

Postby Hermione Weasley » Thursday 1 July 2004 9:34:25pm

Yep its just a matter of time before they are together. :grin: I think it will ahppen in the next book at least publicly because they seemed to be spending alot of time together in the 5th book :grin:
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby harrylover » Friday 2 July 2004 3:23:51pm

yeah i hope they will end up together in the 6th book. I´m really looking forward to that. :grin: :grin:
harrylover

PreviousNext

Return to The Books